Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:23:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BETARIGS.COM rig rental website for sale!  (Read 2134 times)
mux (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 08:54:32 PM

Betarigs is for sale!

Hello!

It is almost the first anniversary of Betarigs! And during this year, we did incredibly well (IMO) : 172 000 rentals have been done through Betarigs with 15 000 registered users! With 12 000 tickets received and answered, our users were in general satisfied, with an average 9.78/10 rating given to the rentals!  Grin Grin

And so now, due to personal reasons and priorities of team members, we have decided to sell Betarigs in order to focus on our next projects.
We would like to sell it to an entity with a proven track record of being able to manage cryptocurrency services, and ideally with some technical expertise. A big pool operator would be welcome.
Here are some numbers we will disclose:

Raw income of the last months:
October : 13.8 BTC
November : 8.5 BTC
December : 20.5 BTC
January (up to 24/1) : 5.1 BTC (expecting ~8 BTC)
Server costs (5 servers + Cloudflare + tickets system + Google Apps) : a little less than 1000€/month (we use high end servers)
So you will of course have to subtract the server costs from the raw income to get the actual earnings.

Tickets : On average 14 per day on the last month.
Tickets needs to be processed every single day to process rental problems and refunds.

The sale would happen as follow:
- A invoice in euros will be sent.
- Payment to be done via either bank wire (preferably) or in Bitcoins
- The buyer is given access to the ticketing system, the admin area of Betarigs, and the existing hot wallet. We still stay admin on the website, but won't be active anymore : all tickets are to be processed by the buyer.
- The server infrastructure and setup is not to be changed for 3 months (up to end of April) and the server costs are to be paid to us (a little less than 1000€/month). The Betarigs code itself is also not to be changed for 3 months.
- In May 2015, we transfer the ownership to you. We transfer the service to other servers in your control (or we transfer you our account at the hosting provider), use another hot wallet in your control. You will then be fully in control.
- Later on, there -could- be a possibility to contract me to do some small changes to the system

Offers are to be sent to mux@betarigs.com. We will not review any offers made directly on this post, or via PM. An acceptable offer could be accepted right away. Finally, I may take some time to answer mails, but I will answer all mails.

Link to the main Betarigs thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434464.0

Cheers!
Mux

BETARIGS.COM - Leasing a rig is as simple as adding a pool!
Bitrated user: Mux.
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:01:10 PM

All I can say is... : "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"  Cry

Thanks for your great work man. Made a lot of profits due to your site  Wink Good luck with the sale!
Stcgold

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:32:43 PM

My favourite website for renting Rigs
Good luck with the sale mate
mux (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:44:11 PM

FinalHash is the new owner of Betarigs

I am happy to announce that FinalHash is the new owner of Betarigs, and that the service will continue as usual!
Their technical expertise will keep Betarigs at the high level of stability it enjoyed so far, and they will be working soon on new updates and usability fixes!

Betarigs is now just one year old, and we worked a lot to have the best customer service possible -- and I am pretty confident the new owners will keep it as good and even better.

And again, thanks for all the kind words during this whole crazy year Grin Grin Grin

Mux

BETARIGS.COM - Leasing a rig is as simple as adding a pool!
Bitrated user: Mux.
Gunther
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:46:37 AM

FinalHash is the new owner of Betarigs

I am happy to announce that FinalHash is the new owner of Betarigs, and that the service will continue as usual!
Their technical expertise will keep Betarigs at the high level of stability it enjoyed so far, and they will be working soon on new updates and usability fixes!

Betarigs is now just one year old, and we worked a lot to have the best customer service possible -- and I am pretty confident the new owners will keep it as good and even better.

And again, thanks for all the kind words during this whole crazy year Grin Grin Grin

Mux

How much did he pay?
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:08:04 PM

Another crypto project is now ending... What is with that trend lately? Is that bitcoin price drop had something to do with it?
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:15:58 AM

Another crypto project is now ending... What is with that trend lately? Is that bitcoin price drop had something to do with it?

Yes.  The space is clearing out.  Setting the stage for the next "wave" of mining. 

Don't sell your cards / dump your farms yet  Wink Grin
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:40:26 AM

I wish I had seen this earlier! 

Good luck to the old team and good luck to the new betarigs!
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:47:05 AM

I got a quick minute to get a statement from Marshall of FinalHash.
http://bitcoinist.net/finalhash-purchases-betarigs-will-roll-new-features-near-future/

Marshall has a bunch more surprises up his sleeve as well I will keep you up to date on them when they are ready.

I want to say congrats to FinalHash but also great job to the team at Betarigs that started it all. They did an excellent job and helped so many people either get into mining or make the most of their own mining gear.
Lots of good things going on in the near future. It really is an exciting time in Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies.

Gunther
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:14:02 PM

How much did you get? I already asked it 3 times now and getting a bit impatient and annoyed.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:48:57 PM

Mux is away for around 2 weeks and without internet access. May i ask as to why you want to know how much he recieved?

Ahmed
BetaRigs-Support
Gunther
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:54:02 PM

Mux is away for around 2 weeks and without internet access. May i ask as to why you want to know how much he recieved?

Ahmed
BetaRigs-Support

Out of curiosity and I feel that the users deserve transparency. If you can't be open about this, what else does he hide.
FinalHash

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:42:44 PM

Guys,

We cannot disclouse the price. However, everything is on the up and up. Thanks for the courtesy and constant support. Mux is the best and we are dedicated to keeping things strong and adding new usability features. If you have a feature request we have a form for that. Let us know.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:43:45 PM

With all due respect. The sale was a deal between 2 companies. Neither party is under an obligation to disclose how much the sale was for. The community get's all the transparency where appropriate, however this is not one of those occasions. The amount paid has no relevance to anything at all and no one will gain anything by knowing how much it was sold for. There was a specific reason why mux stated that all sales we're to be done via email only.  

The Only thing which the community needs to know about the sale is that it was bought out by FinalHash and that we intend to provide the same great service provided by the previous owner's while also being constantly improved.

Ahmed
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:50:44 AM

well it seems this did take a good rebound or lets say bad rebound that sie was a good site like the second best to rentals in scrypt for instances i dont know the future of rentals but let me say i may need to see it a bit in future.

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:11:03 AM

Wow , how time quickly flies and Betarigs is already 1 year! Good luck to the new owners of betarigs. Hope to see mining will be back again on full speed as the 1st QTR of 2014 have proven.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 05:50:58 PM

i have to admit i can't really "congratulate" them, unless its on selling a sinkin ship before it crashed. New aquisition is terrible also, sites even worse, cant put in ticket for refund for purchases last 2 days cause sites up and down. Just rough. Man this service WAS awesome a year ago... Sad

"Insert random blame the market price comment here"

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:34:31 AM

well by the way is ther more than 3 rental rigs scrypt and sha256 miners sites? you could also try to post not spam or referal this but the sites that do rental rigs for us to see if its good or even better that the betarigs that are very complied to the bitcoin price and alt coin price like porbably all of them

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: