Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:10:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HIGH BANDWIDTH/THROUGHPUT] Site Stress Testing - Pay in bitcoins!  (Read 1774 times)
pereiraex (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 04:30:21 AM

Hello to all bitcoiners here,

I'm offering to stress test the servers and websites you LEGALLY OWN in exchange for bit coins.

What is a stress test?
Stress testing is sending a HUGE amount of traffic to your site, similar to a high throughput DDOS or attack. This allows you a great opportunity to observe if your site handles/scales well under load.

What is your throughput?
I cannot answer that to protect my competitive advantage. However, what I CAN say is that I have been able to take down ALL the sites requested by my customers. I can offer a small demo if you are a trusted member, contact me via PM.

How much does it cost?
Please contact me for a custom quote, price depends on the resources required to attack your server and the duration of the requested attack. The range for most small websites is smaller than 10 bit coins. I offer free demos for trusted members, contact me via PM.

Can I use this to attack someone I don't like/ competitor's website?
NO, strictly NO. Period. This service is for legal testing of YOUR OWN websites and servers only. You must prove ownership of any website you request an attack on.

Great, how do I contact you?
You can do so by PM, my typical response time is a few minutes if I'm online.

Contact me via PM for custom quotes and trials. Trusted members can pay after the service.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 06:20:01 AM

NO, strictly NO. Period. This service is for legal testing of YOUR OWN websites and servers only. You must prove ownership of any website you request an attack on.

I'm just curious how to prove ownership?

If my domain is anonymous, thats a no go

I can upload files but that doesn't prove i own it, just means i have access.

If you have a VPS do you really own anything to test?

Does this stress test only apply to port 80?
pereiraex (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 06:53:03 AM

I can upload files but that doesn't prove i own it, just means i have access.

If you have a VPS do you really own anything to test?

Does this stress test only apply to port 80?

You need to upload a html file with a given code to prove ownership. If you have FTP or upload access then I consider it beyond reasonable doubt that you own the server.

What do you mean by 'anonymous' domain?

As long as you have a site name (domain or IP address), I can stress the server.

The stress test applies to all ports.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:40:04 AM

what about shared hosting? People could have a domain name point to a shared hosting site, while they would have FTP access they don't ownership of the server. This would take down all the the sites for the server.
pereiraex (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:45:39 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 10:40:40 AM by pereiraex

It depends on your server, most shared hosting sites have pretty good containment capabilities. I do not believe that maxing the connection on a shared hosting account would degrade performance of other sites hosted on the same server. Furthermore, there is no incentive to pay for so much for stress testing on a shared hosting account, both from a financial and technical POV.
Hasimir

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 11:41:55 AM

What do you mean by 'anonymous' domain?

I suspect RandomQ means a domain which has been registered using a private registration service (e.g. Domains By Proxy).  The domain is not anonymous, but the registration data is concealed.

OpenPGP/GPG key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D  I provide GPG Training services
IRC nick: Hasimir (Freenode and elsewhere)
BTC address: 19hiwsQq7xMAEyQMdiyGjkMGNmpN6GA5wL
pereiraex (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:20:15 PM

If so, doesn't matter then. I can attack any site hosted on the Internet, registration info is not taken into account since 90% of whois data are invalid anyway.

Also, to kickstart my service, I am offering a completely free demo on a website of your choice for the next reputable member (200 posts +) that PM's me and agrees to write his honest opinion after the trial.

Cheers all.
damnek

Activity: 614

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 04:42:24 PM

I can confirm the legitimacy of pereiraex. I just had him stress test one of my sites and it went down immediately. Thanks.
RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:56:52 AM

You need to upload a html file with a given code to prove ownership. If you have FTP or upload access then I consider it beyond reasonable doubt that you own the server.

So if i have ftp access to a ".mil" site you'll stress it?
pereiraex (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 02:37:48 AM

So if i have ftp access to a ".mil" site you'll stress it?

I would. But I doubt my network would be able to bypass or take down a military-grade firewall system.

Service is still up, contact me for any queries.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: