Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:35:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Resign from Bitcoinica  (Read 3920 times)
cst

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Cosmos doesn't care about you.

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:54:17 PM

I'm morbidly curious about who will be the next person to jump ship from Bitcoinica and/or the Consultancy.  I sure as shit wouldn't want to be left as the last man standing in the general partnership.

Hehe, good question. I'm not following all the threads about this clusterfuck, but didn't Donald just leave or something?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:44:21 PM

I'm morbidly curious about who will be the next person to jump ship from Bitcoinica and/or the Consultancy.  I sure as shit wouldn't want to be left as the last man standing in the general partnership.

Hehe, good question. I'm not following all the threads about this clusterfuck, but didn't Donald just leave or something?

According to Amir, Patrick has "walked away".  No-one has clarified what that means, though.  Has he resigned as one of the general partners?  Refused to take any further part in the claims process?  Leaving Intersango?  It seems as though Amir has often been kept out of the loop so he may not even have that information.

For shit and giggles, here are the two threads announcing the changeover in Bitcoinica management.  One of them only got two replies and the other got ten. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77975.msg867445#msg867445

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77958.msg867160#msg867160

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 01:32:43 AM

What if everyone resigns from bitcoinica ?

*mind fuck

mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 02:13:29 AM

What if everyone resigns from bitcoinica ?

*mind fuck

The situation would probably be the same as it is now?  Grin

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 05:09:40 AM

According to Amir, Patrick has "walked away".  No-one has clarified what that means, though.  Has he resigned as one of the general partners?  Refused to take any further part in the claims process?  Leaving Intersango?  It seems as though Amir has often been kept out of the loop so he may not even have that information.

For shit and giggles, here are the two threads announcing the changeover in Bitcoinica management.  One of them only got two replies and the other got ten. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77975.msg867445#msg867445

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77958.msg867160#msg867160

I am really suspicious of this.  A week after it is announced that Bitcoinica is legally registered to do what it does (whatever that means), it goes under new direct management.  Unless Zhou needs to focus more on his studies or there is some kind of plan to seriously compete against MtGox, this would suggest Bitcoinica is not as profitable as claimed.  Of course losing 45,000 bitcoins would hurt anyone.

I am glad I followed my gut.  I can see a train wreck coming.  I have been on a few myself.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 05:34:40 AM

I should probably point out that it's not clear whether or not Patrick was ever one of the partners in Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd (the general partner of Bitcoinica LP) or whether he was providing assistance purely as a favour (his posts suggest this is the case).  Even prior to the MtGox intrusion, he expressed concern about the morality of the refund process as there were insufficient assets for everyone to receive 100% refunds (whereas people had been led to believe that Tihan was covering the losses from the Linode and Rackspace intrusions and that users would receive 100% of their funds back in two payments of 50%).

I suspect that everyone involved in this saga has revealed part of the truth but it will be some time until the whole truth is known. For instance, does the party which originally bought the Bitcoinica domain and the IP from Zhou still own it and if not which entity or person currently owns those things (the value of which has obviously been diminished by recent clusterfucks).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: