Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:19:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So, you want to run a faucet?  (Read 14391 times)
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:55:00 PM

I can't say I've ever had such a problem with the UK version of Hostinger. I have several test sites hosted using free hosting and none are suspended without notice, and the paid hosting worked well for me when I used it. I will agree with you that free hosts are bad if you are getting a large amount of traffic which is why I noted that in the OP.
Yeah, thats why I stopped creating my personal faucet after that. But this time I'm gonna try again, also I can learn some stuff about html, css, php and javascript in the same time Grin

Anyway, thanks for the guide. Left you some tips although its not big enough, but atleast you can pay your fees on your transaction Wink
minifrij (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 01:08:50 PM

Yeah, thats why I stopped creating my personal faucet after that. But this time I'm gonna try again, also I can learn some stuff about html, css, php and javascript in the same time Grin

Anyway, thanks for the guide. Left you some tips although its not big enough, but atleast you can pay your fees on your transaction Wink
Be sure to ask here if you have any problems and I can try my best to solve them.

Thank you for the tip also, it is highly appreciated!
Josef27

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:14:09 PM

I dont know what happen, but after running a faucet for a day and pay around 400.000 satoshi, I felt something wrong there. I tracked some multiple addresses and find out that they lead into the same destination addresses. Do you think it's a bot? If so, it is possible to bypass the captcha? i'm using minteye and this is my faucet: http://halving.pw/ seriously I felt cheated. Also in ad statistic and Google analytics the impression didn't even reach 100, but the faucet got 300 addresses listed. Any way to solve this?
minifrij (OP)
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 02:42:04 PM

I dont know what happen, but after running a faucet for a day and pay around 400.000 satoshi, I felt something wrong there. I tracked some multiple addresses and find out that they lead into the same destination addresses. Do you think it's a bot? If so, it is possible to bypass the captcha? i'm using minteye and this is my faucet: http://halving.pw/ seriously I felt cheated. Also in ad statistic and Google analytics the impression didn't even reach 100, but the faucet got 300 addresses listed. Any way to solve this?
That does sound pretty suspicious, have you tried replacing the Minteye captcha with ReCaptcha? Since it's arguably more secure, it could perhaps lower the chances.
Josef27

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:55:25 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 03:52:21 PM by Josef27

That does sound pretty suspicious, have you tried replacing the Minteye captcha with ReCaptcha? Since it's arguably more secure, it could perhaps lower the chances.
Lol I was using recaptha and then interesting to place the Advertising Captcha. Okay, I'll see the result tomorrow!

EDIT: I changed back to ReCaptha and seems the bot stopped, but I got huge loss because of that. Can't believe minteye is vulnerable.. All of the payout points to 1AzRkXiGpHbXyWok4uXvCzmezDuW8FGa3m Sad
minifrij (OP)
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 07:51:58 PM

I'm sorry that you had to go through that, I will add a warning in the OP for it. It's never fun when something of yours gets cheated.
Poppy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:13:58 PM

Lol I was using recaptha and then interesting to place the Advertising Captcha. Okay, I'll see the result tomorrow!

EDIT: I changed back to ReCaptha and seems the bot stopped, but I got huge loss because of that. Can't believe minteye is vulnerable.. All of the payout points to 1AzRkXiGpHbXyWok4uXvCzmezDuW8FGa3m Sad

That really blows dude, but its kinda expected no? I mean most try to bot freebitco.in but I dont know how people get away with it?

Is there any way you can track down on what bot hes using?
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:42:27 PM

Anyone seen something similar with reCaptcha? On my faucet number of visitors in one day jumped abnormally fast. I'm not sure if it was some rotator or bot ..

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

minifrij (OP)
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 10:15:58 PM

Anyone seen something similar with reCaptcha? On my faucet number of visitors in one day jumped abnormally fast. I'm not sure if it was some rotator or bot ..
Have you tried using something like Google Analytics? That may shed some light on where your traffic is coming from.
Rumble

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:24:42 PM

didnt google place something with the new captcha system?
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:10:22 AM

Never would have thought the weakest link in a faucet would be the captcha system. It's a little bit ironic. Good to know if I ever need it not to use minteye then.

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:09:53 PM

Have you tried using something like Google Analytics? That may shed some light on where your traffic is coming from.

Till now i didn't need that, but i will try it. Thanks

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Gmaster1

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:37:31 PM

ConfidentCaptcha - http://www.confidentcaptcha.com
This captcha requires the user to click images specified by text above. An ad is sometimes displayed underneath this, and is how you earn revenue using this captcha. This is probably one of the less secure captchas, as it is a 4/16 (1/4) chance that the bot can guess it's way through clicking random images.

correction: 1/65536 chance or 0.0015ish% chance a bot can randomly guess it with max grid size and amount of photos needed to be clicked. It would be 4/16 if there was no particular order it had to be in. so it is a pretty secure and *random* bot proof captcha

Oh, and sweet thread guide thing  Grin might try making a faucet of my own soon just for the sake of it.
minifrij (OP)
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 09:39:18 PM

correction: 1/65536 chance or 0.0015ish% chance a bot can randomly guess it with max grid size and amount of photos needed to be clicked. It would be 4/16 if there was no particular order it had to be in. so it is a pretty secure and *random* bot proof captcha

Oh, and sweet thread guide thing  Grin might try making a faucet of my own soon just for the sake of it.
I see, I will update the OP. Thanks for the fixed maths Cheesy

Also, thank you, I'm glad you liked it!
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:35:18 PM

Excellent tutorial! But I have a question: when using FaucetBox do I have an access to detailed statistics such as how much bitcoins every user claimed in specific timeframe (e.g. week)?
minifrij (OP)
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 05:40:33 PM

Excellent tutorial! But I have a question: when using FaucetBox do I have an access to detailed statistics such as how much bitcoins every user claimed in specific timeframe (e.g. week)?
You have graphs for both the past month and past week, as well as the average of the past week.
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

You have graphs for both the past month and past week, as well as the average of the past week.

So I can distinguish the most active users of my faucet last week/month?
minifrij (OP)
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 07:47:10 PM

So I can distinguish the most active users of my faucet last week/month?
I'm unsure if you can go that in depth, not to the users level at least.
Zeuseous17

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:30:33 AM

very in depth and helpful, thanks.
Yusan

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 09:12:21 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 12:50:45 PM by Yusan

Hello, Friend.
I want to place google recaptcha i'm not robot on my faucet. I'm using minifaucet script. can you tell me how to put it.
Please give me PHP Code for it. Thank you very much
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: