Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:42:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] [Group Buy + Group Hosting] 3.5TH/s Avalon6 + Platinum PSUs!  (Read 7333 times)
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:37:07 AM

Is possible to pay the miner (Blockc.co) by wire or credit card? I can pay all other costs in btc, btw...

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:19:13 AM

ps: the calculation posted brings up something important: the PSU lease. By assuming $10/month for the lease, after 8 months the [half-]PSU is completely paid for. does it become property of the leasee, or do the monthly lease fees become monthly rental fees? Either way, that adds about $60-80 to the above calculations ROI.

The lease is exactly that, a rental over a pre-determined period of time.  The initial price I have set for the 3-month contract is to take into account the cost of shipping the PSU's to the DC, any potential failures/down-time (with their return shipping), and having to return PSU's back to me if anyone/everyone decides to end their contract after the initial period.  If anyone intends to re-new at that point for another 3 month or longer contract, we can re-negotiate (in advance of the renewal date) a more favourable lease rate given shipping won't be required again.

I can't say for certain how much cheaper the renewal rate will be until I get an idea of failures and/or downtime, but it will absolutely not be going up. I am not looking at gouging anyone here, only trying to provide a more feasible solution to the ownership dilemma, while still covering my bases in case of short contracts/failures, since every failed PSU will need the unit returned to me and a new one shipped out to the DC as quickly as possible (while keeping extras on hand on top of that).

Another issue that could arise if the GB were to strictly purchase the PSU's, who would be responsible for replacing a failed unit outside of the initial purchase? Those members whose serial numbers are tied to it?  It's these types of problems I'm trying to help avoid.  Also, if you factor in having to sell off all the used PSU packages at the end of different hosting periods in order to distribute the assets fairly to those who are pulling out, you will take a substantial hit on the re-sale value, and have to pay shipping to somewhere in NA.  This seems to me to be a reasonably priced alternative to any of that.

In regards to a yearly/unlimited plan, that would be nice but I don't think anyone would be willing to get into a contract (and if they do, to keep that contract) longer than their hosting commitment for pretty obvious reasons.  I am fully willing to negotiate cheaper lease rates if anyone signs longer contracts with GND, but to my knowledge for the scope of this GB, only 3 month commitments are initially available.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
armedmilitia (OP)

Activity: 562

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 05:33:56 PM

Is possible to pay the miner (Blockc.co) by wire or credit card? I can pay all other costs in btc, btw...

I'm not sure, I've send blockc an email.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
armedmilitia (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 08:51:19 PM

Just heard back from blockC.
A wire works, but they don't accept credit cards.

As a general comment: We've got just under 24 hours until we hit the deadline for reservations. If we don't hit the MOQ, we don't hit the MOQ, but if you are interested I suggest you make up your mind sooner rather than later!

carlosmnk

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:54:19 PM

As a general comment: We've got just under 24 hours until we hit the deadline for reservations. If we don't hit the MOQ, we don't hit the MOQ, but if you are interested I suggest you make up your mind sooner rather than later!

Then i want one avalon 6. btw, when i must send the 0.06 btc?

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
armedmilitia (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 11:29:31 PM

Then i want one avalon 6. btw, when i must send the 0.06 btc?

Reservations close at Noon EST (UTC -5) on November 15th, so before then!

GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:58:16 AM

Reservations close at Noon EST (UTC -5) on November 15th, so before then!

Sounds like a decent deal not sure why everyone is slacking

I sent you a pm
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 05:10:39 AM

Sorry to say...I'm out....a bit to close to call...and if I had no miners at all I'd probably do this just for the 'gamble' and to play with an Avalon6 toy..but got 2 KNC Titan scrypt miners that likely will make more in LTC then in elec all the way thru 2016... so I'm gonna pass on this

anyway good luck...(officially in 'lurk' mode now)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
carlosmnk

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 06:53:31 AM

Payment done  Wink

armedmilitia (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 12:04:57 PM

Sorry to say...I'm out....a bit to close to call...and if I had no miners at all I'd probably do this just for the 'gamble' and to play with an Avalon6 toy..but got 2 KNC Titan scrypt miners that likely will make more in LTC then in elec all the way thru 2016... so I'm gonna pass on this

anyway good luck...(officially in 'lurk' mode now)

Searing

Hey, no hard feelings.

6 to go before we hit MOQ!

armedmilitia (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 05:22:57 PM

Well then, the deadline's come and gone and we didn't get enough interest. Too bad, I was looking forward to picking up a few Avalon6 units for myself! Perhaps we can try again with a later batch.

Those who reserved units please PM me with the address you would like your deposits refunded to.

spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 05:41:09 PM

Well then, the deadline's come and gone and we didn't get enough interest. Too bad, I was looking forward to picking up a few Avalon6 units for myself! Perhaps we can try again with a later batch.

Those who reserved units please PM me with the address you would like your deposits refunded to.

It's a pity.

Hosting fees are really good and even PSU lease is an idea which should be tested, but units are way overpriced, much more so with BTC at current level.

At 450 USD per BTC it would have been very different (well, if Avalon does not increase their price at 2000 USD each).

spiccioli
rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 06:08:55 PM

the price is to way to high hence the lack of interest. Plus, I think more people wanted the avalon 6 as a home miner to mess with settings (underclock/undervolt..etc) and such not necessarily to be hosted for 3 months than try to ship home. A group buy of the S7 might be better.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 06:27:15 PM

If I was to make a comment, it would be that group buys need to deal directly with the manufacturer, NOT the distributor.
Manufacturer is much more flexible (within reason) as they know their bottom line.
Distributor is limited by the MSRP and needs to go back and forth.
At least this is how I see it and that's how it worked with a large and successful SP30 group buy.

the price is to way to high hence the lack of interest. Plus, I think more people wanted the avalon 6 as a home miner to mess with settings (underclock/undervolt..etc) and such not necessarily to be hosted for 3 months than try to ship home. A group buy of the S7 might be better.

GB in S7 at below listed price is impossible with miners quoted at $2200 (B6)-$3200 (B1, 3,5) on ebay.
armedmilitia (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 07:03:43 PM

If I was to make a comment, it would be that group buys need to deal directly with the manufacturer, NOT the distributor.
Manufacturer is much more flexible (within reason) as they know their bottom line.
Distributor is limited by the MSRP and needs to go back and forth.
At least this is how I see it and that's how it worked with a large and successful SP30 group buy.
I agree with that, but when I directly contacted Avalon they didn't want to directly deal with me--they told me to contact BlockC instead.

As for bitmain, their volume pricing is laughable. 100 units will give us a 0.5% discount.

I guess we'll have to wait until prices come down further.

wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:32:03 PM

Possibility of a group buy with the same set up at GND, but with either batch 8, or 9 of the S7?  I am interested in lee's group buy, but the .10$/kWh is not near as good as what it seems Great North Data can offer.

armedmilitia (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 09:25:13 PM

Bitmain doesn't do volume pricing, so there's not much money to save in a group buy. You can actually contact GND/cryptoboreas directly if you want to host a few units, they will definitely beat lee's service.

Also, I forgot to lock this thread. Locked!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: