Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:36:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me... I'm a noob and I don't know how to start with LinuxCoin  (Read 998 times)
jl2035 (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 11:19:22 AM

All this looks even harder on windows...so I decided to use LinuxCoin.

When I try to start GUIMiner I always get this message(just like on Windows):

Code:
No openCL devices were found.
If you only want to mine using CPU or CUDA, you can ignore this message. If you want to mine on ATI graphics cards, you may need to install the ATI Stream SDK, or your GPU may not support OpenCL.

So then I downloaded this: http[Suspicious link removed]cutables/atistream-1.4.0_beta-lnx64.tar.gzip

When I extract it there are two .run files. I executed them both and agreed with the licence (or something). So both were successfully installed I guess...

The problem is when I run GUIMiner again I get the same message... So I guess GUIMiner does not recognize that ATI Stream SDK is installed (or is it?).

OK there's also an option to ignore this message and just try to mine with the CPU unit. But that also doesn't work. The error message is: pyopencl.LogicError: clGetPlatformIDs failed> platform not found khr

This is just another universe for me... What can I do???

JOIN Bitbiz bitbiz.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:51:27 PM

All this looks even harder on windows...so I decided to use LinuxCoin.

When I try to start GUIMiner I always get this message(just like on Windows):

Code:
No openCL devices were found.
If you only want to mine using CPU or CUDA, you can ignore this message. If you want to mine on ATI graphics cards, you may need to install the ATI Stream SDK, or your GPU may not support OpenCL.

So then I downloaded this: http[Suspicious link removed]cutables/atistream-1.4.0_beta-lnx64.tar.gzip

When I extract it there are two .run files. I executed them both and agreed with the licence (or something). So both were successfully installed I guess...

The problem is when I run GUIMiner again I get the same message... So I guess GUIMiner does not recognize that ATI Stream SDK is installed (or is it?).

OK there's also an option to ignore this message and just try to mine with the CPU unit. But that also doesn't work. The error message is: pyopencl.LogicError: clGetPlatformIDs failed> platform not found khr

This is just another universe for me... What can I do???

You forgot the million-dollar question: What's your graphics card?
VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:52:33 PM

Actually it's easier on Windows. You download AMD's driver (use 11.12 since it's pretty stable), install and restart your Windows then run GuiMiner.
CGMiner has more advanced feature, but it's console based.

What's your GPU ?
Last time I use LinuxCoin, it works fine with my card without the need to download additional AMD SDK.
You have to click one of the menu and accept the license I think.

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:36:47 PM

Don't use linuxcoin, it's outdated and unsupported. The "plug and play" linux distro for mining these days is BAMT. But it's just about as easy to install CGminer on windows or linux IMO. 
jl2035 (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 02:03:59 PM

I guess the easiest way to determine your graphics card is to run lspci command, right?
So the million dollar answer is: ATI Technologies Inc Juniper [Radeon HD 5700 Series]

Is it possible that I can't mine with it? It's not a bad product from ATI... Either way from now on I'll always buy Nvidia and never agian ATI.

@VelvetLeaf
I already tried on windows but I hate windows and I guess it gives me the same attitude back...
I installed AMD driver and it totally screwed my graphics card driver...
Every time I try to do something on Windows, it pisses me off and I go back to Linux.

How about this BAMT distro...will it give me the same errors?

Thanks for your answers BTW...

JOIN Bitbiz bitbiz.io
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: