Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015-01-25 CA - Aleks Nowak : "2014 Was The Year of the Altcoin"  (Read 1148 times)
jdebunt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 09:28:50 AM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/xbterminals-coo-aleks-nowak-i-would-call-2014-the-year-of-the-altcoin

Despite his busy schedule, I managed to get a hold of our friend Aleks(ander) Nowak, COO of XBTerminal. Aleks agreed to conduct a short written interview prior to his presentation at the Bitcoin Expo 2015 later today, and you can find our discussion topics below.
Ludi

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:06:22 PM

2014 Was The Year of the Altcoin

It really wasn't. Sure bitcoin didn't do too great price wise but it still had merchant adoption and investor money coming in which I can't say the same about 99.9% of alt coins and for that reason I haven't seen any that I think are going places.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:15:06 AM

2014 Was The Year of the Altcoin

It really wasn't. Sure bitcoin didn't do too great price wise but it still had merchant adoption and investor money coming in which I can't say the same about 99.9% of alt coins and for that reason I haven't seen any that I think are going places.

Got to agree with you on that Ludi
If anything this was the year of the Altcoin spam 2015 is the year of the filter
2016 We might see the survivors of the great altcoin army of 2014 start getting R@D, besides the 2.0 Projects which I categorize as separate.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:59:31 PM

It was the year of the altcoin... But maybe not for the best reasons.

Altcoins dominated the headlines many times, and they grew like mushrooms every week. Everyone wanted to have a go at their own coin. Most were unsuccessful, but still, they were here and they tried. So yeah, I kind of agree, 2014 was the year of the altcoin
Ludi

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:52:01 PM

Altcoins dominated the headlines many times, and they grew like mushrooms every week. Everyone wanted to have a go at their own coin. Most were unsuccessful, but still, they were here and they tried. So yeah, I kind of agree, 2014 was the year of the altcoin

Really? How was it the year of the alt? I didn't even notice any coverage in the media of anything other than bitcoin and when alt coins where mentioned it was usually secondary and in passing to bitcoin.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:31:38 PM

Really? How was it the year of the alt? I didn't even notice any coverage in the media of anything other than bitcoin and when alt coins where mentioned it was usually secondary and in passing to bitcoin.

Mainstream media might talk about almost exclusively about Bitcoin, but crypto related media talked about altcoins many times. During the year we've had big media and social media coverage of coins like Darkcoin and Vericoin. Also, there were many new coins, and that issue was the main topic of many articles I've seen throughout the year... so yeah, altcoins had a massive boom last year, and I think we can say it was a big year for alts.
Ludi

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:13:08 PM

Crypto media doesn't really count. It's mass media that matters. Besides, crypto media probably only talked about alts because there wasn't much excitement going on with bitcoin so anything crypto related gets memtioned.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: