Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 08:14:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 NOT The Year of The Litecoin  (Read 1582 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:06:20 PM

this thread is a 'correction' thread to ElDudess propaganda censored hitler-style thread "2015 the year of the litecoin" (ROFL) . the little asstwat is gonna delete all criticial posts to make it seem all dem ppl love litecoin LOLOOLOL

A lot of people are going to be extremely butthurt if they don't hold Litecoin in their Crypto portfolios this year. Here's why

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/2tgjto/official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/cnywl9x

truth: Litecoin is an absolute pile of junk garbage bullshit of dem crap holders. any1 who says it got future is a mere bagholder of that utter crapz LMAO

here is some analysis worth readin:

Hm, it is getting boring to me to hear the Litecoin faithful repeat the same mantras over and over, which I have refuted in detail, but none of them seem to be able to come up with a good retort. So, I will summarize here for those that may not have been following the thread. I may repeat some things I've already said, but that's just because no one has come up with a good answer for them yet. There are more half truths that they are spreading, but these seem to be the most common.

Myth #1: Trolls have called Litecoin dead before, but it hasn't happened yet, so that means it is not happening right now.

Logic Re: Myth #1: Most of the "Litecoin is dead" threads they refer to to make this point were from one to two years ago. I do agree that Litecoin was an easy choice back then to be the #2 crypto and was unlikely to die for obvious reasons. I myself defended back then. However, the dynamics of the free market have changed greatly since then. There wasn't really a good alternative to Litecoin or Bitcoin back then. Since then there have been numerous cryptos that have quicker block times, more features, more innovative proof of work protocol or alternatives, just as big of communities, and more developers. In an industry that moves as fast as cryptos are moving, you can't hold onto tired old mantras such as this when the dynamics have changed vastly. Due to rapid technological advancements, and the competition being innovative and forward thinking, companies can become obsolete very fast and I see no reason why this does not hold true with crypto currencies. When it comes to Myth #1, Litecoiners are living in the past. By the way, Smoothie hasn't figured this out yet and I guess there are probably others too, so I will explain it. The title of this thread is poking fun at the other "Litecoin is dead" threads and is a satirical hook. I thought it was a pretty catchy title myself, but maybe that's just me.

Myth #2: The Network Effect... cause just because.... The Network Effect.

Logic Re: Myth #2: I have already covered the network effect extensively in this thread and no one from the Litecoin camp seems to be able to come up with a good retort. The network effect is very powerful, however the network effect is exponentially more powerful for Bitcoin than it is for Litecoin. It is Bitcoin that is in the news all day every day, not Litecoin. Litecoin does get more attention than most other alternative crypto currencies, as they should because they are the guys to beat right now. This could change quickly, and if you read my examples of innovative companies completely killing less innovative companies, you will understand what I mean. I agree Litecoin has it's own network effect, however it is not nearly as strong as Bitcoin's network effect. Search Bitcoin in Google news and tell me how many articles pop up, then do the same for Litecoin, there will be many less articles about Litecoin. Litecoin has a small network effect that is somewhat limited within people engaged in the crypto currency community, however Bitcoin's network effect stretches much wider than that. Since Litecoin's network effect is limited somewhat to people engaged in the community, they are more likely to look at Litecoin for what it is.. Bitcoin with a few changed parameters. When it comes to Myth #2, Litecoiners are in denial.

Myth #3: Innovation does not translate into acceptance or success.

Logic Re: Myth #3: Sure, innovation doesn't equal acceptance or success on its own merits, however it certainly helps. The more innovative coins that have been released in the past year are sitting on top end of the crypto market cap list, and the cryptos that didn't are sitting at the bottom. According to Litecoiners this is purely coincidence... Furthermore, acceptance and therefore success will come for the most innovative cryptos as it is easier to determine who the leader of the pack is. Right now it is a hard decision as to what cryptocoin 2.0 protocol has the best chance for success, so payment processors and exchanges are hesitant to add them to their services (although the most forward thinking ones have already done so.) Over time this will work itself out. In the Field Of Dreams the saying goes, "if you build it they will come". I like this line of thinking when it comes to cryptos. Although they might not be widely adopted right when they come out, I believe that eventually (if there is added substance and value on top of Bitcoin/Litecoin) it is only a matter of time before the crypto community comes. (wow.. that totally didn't sound right..   Cheesy).

Myth #4: Litecoin is accepted at more merchants than other alternative currencies (as to a reason for it still being a good long term investment).

Logic Re: Myth #4: Sometimes cryptos (Litecoin or Bitcoin) are being used to transfer money and make purchases, however most users are still using them as a speculative vehicle to make money. If you really think that Litecoin is being used everywhere for ecommerce, then I have a bridge to sell you. When I had a physical crypto business I offered two ways to pay, through Paypal and through Coinpayments.net. I would venture to guesstimate that 95% of the orders were made using Paypal. The answer as to why is obvious, since cryptos have been going up in value so much over the past couple years, no one wants to spend their cryptos and would much rather use FIAT. This was only about 6 months ago, and I can guarantee you it has not changed much since then. Furthermore, the popularity of multi-coin payment processors are going to accelerate the adoption of newer innovative cryptos. As merchants demand more payment options for the convenience of their customers to receive more business, payment processors will adopt the most popular and valuable cryptos (which I am speculating will be the most innovative ones).

~CfA~

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:09:36 PM

no where near as bad as the self moderated anti litecoin threads by nxt and monero fanbois.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:17:11 PM

this thread is a 'correction' thread to ElDudess propaganda censored hitler-style thread "2015 the year of the litecoin" (ROFL) . the little asstwat is gonna delete all criticial posts to make it seem all dem ppl love litecoin LOLOOLOL

A lot of people are going to be extremely butthurt if they don't hold Litecoin in their Crypto portfolios this year. Here's why

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/2tgjto/official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/cnywl9x

truth: Litecoin is an absolute pile of junk garbage bullshit of dem crap holders. any1 who says it got future is a mere bagholder of that utter crapz LMAO

here is some analysis worth readin:

Hm, it is getting boring to me to hear the Litecoin faithful repeat the same mantras over and over, which I have refuted in detail, but none of them seem to be able to come up with a good retort. So, I will summarize here for those that may not have been following the thread. I may repeat some things I've already said, but that's just because no one has come up with a good answer for them yet. There are more half truths that they are spreading, but these seem to be the most common.

Myth #1: Trolls have called Litecoin dead before, but it hasn't happened yet, so that means it is not happening right now.

Logic Re: Myth #1: Most of the "Litecoin is dead" threads they refer to to make this point were from one to two years ago. I do agree that Litecoin was an easy choice back then to be the #2 crypto and was unlikely to die for obvious reasons. I myself defended back then. However, the dynamics of the free market have changed greatly since then. There wasn't really a good alternative to Litecoin or Bitcoin back then. Since then there have been numerous cryptos that have quicker block times, more features, more innovative proof of work protocol or alternatives, just as big of communities, and more developers. In an industry that moves as fast as cryptos are moving, you can't hold onto tired old mantras such as this when the dynamics have changed vastly. Due to rapid technological advancements, and the competition being innovative and forward thinking, companies can become obsolete very fast and I see no reason why this does not hold true with crypto currencies. When it comes to Myth #1, Litecoiners are living in the past. By the way, Smoothie hasn't figured this out yet and I guess there are probably others too, so I will explain it. The title of this thread is poking fun at the other "Litecoin is dead" threads and is a satirical hook. I thought it was a pretty catchy title myself, but maybe that's just me.

Myth #2: The Network Effect... cause just because.... The Network Effect.

Logic Re: Myth #2: I have already covered the network effect extensively in this thread and no one from the Litecoin camp seems to be able to come up with a good retort. The network effect is very powerful, however the network effect is exponentially more powerful for Bitcoin than it is for Litecoin. It is Bitcoin that is in the news all day every day, not Litecoin. Litecoin does get more attention than most other alternative crypto currencies, as they should because they are the guys to beat right now. This could change quickly, and if you read my examples of innovative companies completely killing less innovative companies, you will understand what I mean. I agree Litecoin has it's own network effect, however it is not nearly as strong as Bitcoin's network effect. Search Bitcoin in Google news and tell me how many articles pop up, then do the same for Litecoin, there will be many less articles about Litecoin. Litecoin has a small network effect that is somewhat limited within people engaged in the crypto currency community, however Bitcoin's network effect stretches much wider than that. Since Litecoin's network effect is limited somewhat to people engaged in the community, they are more likely to look at Litecoin for what it is.. Bitcoin with a few changed parameters. When it comes to Myth #2, Litecoiners are in denial.

Myth #3: Innovation does not translate into acceptance or success.

Logic Re: Myth #3: Sure, innovation doesn't equal acceptance or success on its own merits, however it certainly helps. The more innovative coins that have been released in the past year are sitting on top end of the crypto market cap list, and the cryptos that didn't are sitting at the bottom. According to Litecoiners this is purely coincidence... Furthermore, acceptance and therefore success will come for the most innovative cryptos as it is easier to determine who the leader of the pack is. Right now it is a hard decision as to what cryptocoin 2.0 protocol has the best chance for success, so payment processors and exchanges are hesitant to add them to their services (although the most forward thinking ones have already done so.) Over time this will work itself out. In the Field Of Dreams the saying goes, "if you build it they will come". I like this line of thinking when it comes to cryptos. Although they might not be widely adopted right when they come out, I believe that eventually (if there is added substance and value on top of Bitcoin/Litecoin) it is only a matter of time before the crypto community comes. (wow.. that totally didn't sound right..   Cheesy).

Myth #4: Litecoin is accepted at more merchants than other alternative currencies (as to a reason for it still being a good long term investment).

Logic Re: Myth #4: Sometimes cryptos (Litecoin or Bitcoin) are being used to transfer money and make purchases, however most users are still using them as a speculative vehicle to make money. If you really think that Litecoin is being used everywhere for ecommerce, then I have a bridge to sell you. When I had a physical crypto business I offered two ways to pay, through Paypal and through Coinpayments.net. I would venture to guesstimate that 95% of the orders were made using Paypal. The answer as to why is obvious, since cryptos have been going up in value so much over the past couple years, no one wants to spend their cryptos and would much rather use FIAT. This was only about 6 months ago, and I can guarantee you it has not changed much since then. Furthermore, the popularity of multi-coin payment processors are going to accelerate the adoption of newer innovative cryptos. As merchants demand more payment options for the convenience of their customers to receive more business, payment processors will adopt the most popular and valuable cryptos (which I am speculating will be the most innovative ones).

~CfA~

2014 was not the year of Bitcoin. The price is rebouding now 1 LTC = 2$.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:17:26 PM

but onto litecoin, I'm sure it will be a great year for litecoin, i'm talking adoptions/acceptance wise, (i'm indifferent to analysis that rates a cryptos success via its price v USD).

so many reasons for litecoins continued success.

innovative cryptos 2.0

hmmm where does it end, people write some pseudo original code and call it innovation.

hell i'm no real fan of bitcoin or litecoin in their current state being the ultimate crytpo, i think there's a long way to go and a good chance something someday will blow them out of the water, but yeah nothing yet has been any real world improvement.

summary bitcoin and litecoin are miles ahead of the rest and will stay so for sometime.

From Above (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:18:55 PM

no where near as bad as the self moderated anti litecoin threads by nxt and monero fanbois.

99% agree

its all the same garbage. cant listen to critics so dem censormenz block other ppl sayings and only display them own opinion

thats what junk ppl do and they keep doing it, no matter if its litecoin bitcoin nxt munero or other bullshit junk. the bagholders do it all to remain bagholdin'

summary bitcoin and litecoin are miles ahead of the rest and will stay so for sometime.

AHHAHAHhahfhjhfkwhfkq3uitoh3lgjik!  LOLOLOLOL ROFL u r the man with ur little joketijokez kelseyy babeh Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

~CfA~

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:20:52 PM

litecoin doesn't have anything to offer for real purpose, we already have Bitcoin. ltc is just a pump and dump coin and has always been, no average person will ever use litecoin.
From Above (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:21:23 PM

litecoin doesn't have anything to offer for real purpose, we already have Bitcoin. ltc is just a pump and dump coin and has always been, no average person will ever use litecoin.

100% . tis the truth u r sayin there

~CfA~

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:25:50 PM

~CfA~

same crap spun by nxt and monero shills Ad nauseam.

god we already have 10 threads spinning that same dribble every second post.....we get it we do... Roll Eyes

you don't like litecoin....fine go play with ur lastest crapcoin.

litecoin does have real world advantages over bitcoin, and many more over every other alt.

BitcoiNaked

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:29:44 PM

~CfA~

litecoin does have real world advantages over bitcoin, any many more over every other alt.

lol no average person will ever use litecoin, its a cheap copy without any advantages runned by some chinese geeks for pump and dump and its losing ground hard to bitcoin because people are realising its a shitcoin.
noelmal

Activity: 265

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:31:07 PM

Yes isn't there like 10 threads of shitcoin pushes circle jerking each other over litecoin being a dead coin or some shit already  Huh
BitcoiNaked

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:33:42 PM

Yes isn't there like 10 threads of shitcoin pushes circle jerking each other over litecoin being a dead coin or some shit already  Huh

litecoin is a shitcoin too, just sayin, 99% of all coins are shitcoin just 1% make sense and litecoin is not one of them.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:36:34 PM

~CfA~

litecoin does have real world advantages over bitcoin, any many more over every other alt.

lol no average person will ever use litecoin, its a cheap copy without any advantages runned by some chinese geeks for pump and dump and its losing ground hard to bitcoin because people are realising its a shitcoin.

Actually you highlighted a big one just there, Litecoin has an open, honest and KNOW original dev, Extremely unlikely that anything that has an anon dev will ever achieve mass adoption...geeks may accept that but joe public won't and thats a big wall to regulators.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:42:56 PM

litecoin is a shitcoin too, just sayin, 99% of all coins are shitcoin just 1% make sense and litecoin is not one of them.

actually thats not what the markets been saying for a few years now, litecoin makes sense to more alt coin enthusiasts then all other alts put together, thats what the market says  Wink
BitcoiNaked

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:18:20 PM

actually thats not what the markets been saying for a few years now, litecoin makes sense to more alt coin enthusiasts then all other alts put together, thats what the market says  Wink

you are looking from a speculating perspective, from a common user stand of point, litecoin has nothing to offer and markets have shown that, where there are upcoming startups aimed to the common user based on technology and not the price. you are just a bag holding trader aiming to make btc/usd.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:26:24 PM

actually thats not what the markets been saying for a few years now, litecoin makes sense to more alt coin enthusiasts then all other alts put together, thats what the market says  Wink

you are looking from a speculating perspective, from a common user stand of point, litecoin has nothing to offer and markets have shown that, where there are upcoming startups aimed to the common user based on technology and not the price. you are just a bag holding trader aiming to make btc/usd.

personally i've never used or even seen a USD. and I never trade cryptos for fiat, I'm not or ever have been in cryptos for fiat, a point which is well known.
BitcoiNaked

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:43:52 PM

personally i've never used or even seen a USD. and I never trade cryptos for fiat, I'm not or ever have been in cryptos for fiat, a point which is well known.

That doesn't change the fact that litecoin is a pump n dump shitcoin with no real world usage
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:03:31 PM

That doesn't change the fact that litecoin is a pump n dump shitcoin with no real world usage

lol u wasted ur energy with that rather tired lame reply  Roll Eyes

so u really got nothing there?

blar blar blar blar blar

Korlic

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:12:59 PM

I love these threads. The more people believe ltc is "officially dead", the easier it is for the price to spike. My investment is up big time!

#1 Hodler
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:12:22 PM

Again another moron talking shit about Monero, you are confusing with Darkcoin, their thread consists of people counting the days to pass over Litecoin corpse, you see Monero is a coin with real useful features and its member in the large majority, excluding trolls and people like you, don't waste time talking shit about zombie coin but are building an infrastructure, so people can make use of Monero in their lives.

dude come on look at the anti litecoin threads, and most the troll litecoin crowd lead straight back to monero (or nxt), including urself, i dont need to talk shit about monero its users dig its own grave.

take a leaf out of litecoins book one of the reasons its the strongest alt, cause it supported other cryptos and didn't attack head on.

u guys just moronically think if u kill litecoin ur coins got a chance at no 2. firstly u can't even sell it too 99% of the crypto crowd u aint got a chance with joe public, also if ltc dies (which it won't) it'll put a serious dint on all alts, few would trust any alt if the lead one for so long fails.

live in denial sure but the big support (including real world) is gaining momentum behind ltc.

again market says it, the crypto business adoption says it, few crypto fans know or care about the existance of the 101 crapcoins coming from this alt section....look at the trading vols....occasionally one becomes flavor of the day but thats it.

reality  Shocked wake up  Wink
VectorChief

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:58:45 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 12:06:52 AM by VectorChief

The only thing that Bitcoin couldn't achieve on its own was becoming independent of itself. Litecoin played that card. That's the only real innovation brought by Litecoin apart from other cosmetic changes. That's what it is valued for.

Once the independence card is played, forking itself further the same way doesn't bring innovation in this particular aspect, thus other crypto-currencies needed to change Bitcoin's fundamentals in order to gain attention and fill other niches or risk fading into oblivion. Litecoin is the first fully autonomous version of Bitcoin which preserved its original structure. It is different enough to gain independence, but similar enough to qualify as another Bitcoin.

This explains why things come in pairs:
Gold & Silver, Coke & Pepsi, Ripple & Stellar, NXT & NEM, Dollar & Euro, Visa & MasterCard, Boeing & Airbus.
You get the idea. Litecoin is here to stay.

http://67.55.97.103/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/litecoin-gocoin.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: