Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:25:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine with both AMD and Nvidia cards in same system?  (Read 834 times)
PabiGamito (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:17:29 PM

Is it possible to run both nvidia and amd cards in the same system and mine with both at the same time or use one for mining and the other for gaming and regular tasks ?

If so, how do you do it.

Thanks
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 01:24:37 PM

Is it possible to run both nvidia and amd cards in the same system and mine with both at the same time or use one for mining and the other for gaming and regular tasks ?

If so, how do you do it.

Thanks
yes, it is possible.
But if you use the nvidia for gaming you won't be able to use physx if an amd card is detected

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:21:30 PM

If so, how do you do it.

Thanks
yes, it is possible.
But if you use the nvidia for gaming you won't be able to use physx if an amd card is detected

Great tip about that physx. Didn't know that.
So on-GPU won't work at all, everything offloaded to CPU?
Can't you assign another GPU to do the PhysX? (if you have a spare 750TI, best Physx accelerator ever)
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:51:17 AM

If so, how do you do it.

Thanks
yes, it is possible.

Great tip about that physx. Didn't know that.
So on-GPU won't work at all, everything offloaded to CPU?
Can't you assign another GPU to do the PhysX? (if you have a spare 750TI, best Physx accelerator ever)
no it is worst than that, if you have an amd card connected to the computer (+ nvidia cards) when you open the nvidia control panel, physx option doesn't show up at all. It is like it didn't even exist  Grin.
To see again physx option, you need to unplug the amd card...

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:39:04 AM

I believe that it is possible to mine with an AMD and Nvidia card in the same system. Though watch out, there may be conflicts when there is an AMD and Nvidia driver in the same system.

Mining since 2014
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 01:05:22 PM

I believe that it is possible to mine with an AMD and Nvidia card in the same system. Though watch out, there may be conflicts when there is an AMD and Nvidia driver in the same system.
nope no conflict... However I think it is better to install first the nvidia driver/card then the amd.

I don't use very often my amd card (mostly when I work on an amd miner) and I usually instal the amd drivers when I need them and uninstall them once I am done (I don't like catalyst)... and it works pretty well each time.

djm34 facebook page
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: