Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:16:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS my metal working equipment  (Read 1404 times)
5grainsilver (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:04:57 PM

I am 5grainsilver on ebay.  I bought about 7.5k worth of metal working equipment and sold 5 grain bars I made with it on ebay.  In 3 months I made about 9k profit doing it about 10 hours a week.  I too busy with work(military) to do this anymore and I would really like to buy some nice woodworking tools for my new house.  I want to sell it all so it doesn't sit around and lose value.  I'm afraid to sell something this valuable via paypal.  I'm looking for somewhere around 7k worth of bitcoins.  I'm throwing in some extras you will need.  All told, with my equipment you can make 5 grain bars for about 38 cents each at current silver prices.

Heres what I'm selling:

Roland MPX 90 Metal Impact Printer sells for $4500 new
Bonnie Doon 20 Ton Hydraulic Press (gauge is broken but I never found to be of any use) sells for about $1000
Durston DRM F 140 Flat Roller No Extensions $920
Pepe 12 Inch Guillotine Shear $840 new

The metal printer is like new, with very little wear on the diamond head. The software is included, and I still have all the original packaging and paperwork. The Bonnie Doon is in great shape except for the pressure gauge which was useless to begin with. The rolling mill looks brand new and was barely used, still in original packaging. The guillotine shear has a little wear one small spot of the blade but is still very sharp.

I will also include the custom hardened steel die I had made to print the bars on the hydraulic press. That cost about $500 to have machined. This is everything you need to get started making these bars. I will explain the process step by step.

I'm not too familiar with options available, but am open to any sort of escrow we need to make this a safe transaction for both parties.  Please research this equipment before asking questions.  I think you will find this is a pretty good value. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:07:42 PM

Some pictures of what you have would be really cool. For someone with a lot of time on their hands, this sounds like a sweet opportunity.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
5grainsilver (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:17:33 PM

Here is a quick overview of the process so you can know better if you might be interested. 
1.  Get sheet silver from a jewelry supplier.  Costs spot plus a small premium. Riogrande is my favorite.   
2.  Roll it out with rolling mill if needed.  (almost never is necessary, only if it comes a little too thick.  Always a good problem)
3.  Cut into proper size with shears.  I get it in 6 inch by 2 inch strips and cut that into 3 pieces that are 2 inches square.   
5.  Stamp grid pattern with hydraulic press.  This involves a little muscle and is the most time consuming part.   
6.  Print lettering with metal printer. 
7.  I sold most of them in sheets of 50.  I cut off individuals to sell for feedback and free/slightly profitable advertising.  You can do it with the shears, scissors, or bend until they snap off.

You aren't going to get rich doing this but it is a nice little extra spending money.  I was able to pay off my tools and buy a couple guns with it.  Smiley  If you are really motivated you can roll your own sheet from ingots with the mill and make some extra bucks.

Finished product is 2x2 inches and 50 bars. 

5grainsilver (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:34:17 PM

Also with the roland printer you can put anything you want on the metal.  Bitcoin stuff, names, pictures, it is a pretty cool machine. 
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:37:44 PM

Also with the roland printer you can put anything you want on the metal.  Bitcoin stuff, names, pictures, it is a pretty cool machine. 
Is it basically a scribe system, or is it an impact printer? We used to have cool embossing machine that was used for stamping steel plates, but you said it has a diamond tip?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
5grainsilver (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:44:54 PM

It is an impact printer.  http://www.rolanddga.com/products/impactprinters/mpx90/
I'm off to do some stuff.  I'll check back this evening for more questions etc...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: