Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:39:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions about Mr. Satoshi.  (Read 4725 times)
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 10:22:31 AM

Apparently his last post on bitcointalk was in 2011 or so, does anyone know where he went ?
I'm still here just changed name  Grin

Great to hear! Which project are you working on these days ? We need more game-changers like Bitcoin. Is there any way I can participate on your next game-changer ?

Thanks

Please , please tell me that you know he is kidding and just trolling around Shocked there is no way he could be Satoshi . maybe satoshi is Theymos , that would make sense  Roll Eyes

ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 11:22:08 AM

Apparently his last post on bitcointalk was in 2011 or so, does anyone know where he went ?

Great to hear! Which project are you working on these days ? We need more game-changers like Bitcoin. Is there any way I can participate on your next game-changer ?

Thanks

Please , please tell me that you know he is kidding and just trolling around Shocked there is no way he could be Satoshi . maybe satoshi is Theymos , that would make sense  Roll Eyes

Haha relax he is not Grin
so complicated username, i think SN never use it Grin
theymos? i dont think so Grin
Mr Tea

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:25:25 PM

do you think he may still be in contact with the "old" people or the core developers?

Do I think that?

No.

I already said:

Personally, my guess is that he's dead.

Interesting to see you say that. It's certainly possible and would explain his money not moving, but do you think the death is suspicious or just natural causes (obviously it just speculation but I'd like to know what you think).

stellar1

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:46:13 PM

Thanks

I tend to believe things (and people sometimes) until they do not want me to believe them. Let him (or her or they) put in a reply.

Thanks

Haha relax he is not Grin
so complicated username, i think SN never use it Grin
theymos? i dont think so Grin
IAmARoyalElite

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:13:23 PM

Thanks
guys, you made my day  Grin
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:42:48 PM

Apparently his last post on bitcointalk was in 2011 or so, does anyone know where he went (in terms of the Internet, is he still developing bitcoin or has he left the scene)?

noone knows who he is, but i doubt hes helping with bitcoin, i think he left and sold everything long time ago
cheers
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:10:29 PM

Quote from: MacAndSwiss
Apparently his last post on bitcointalk was in 2011 or so, does anyone know where he went (in terms of the Internet, is he still developing bitcoin or has he left the scene)?

he is here between us writing your post he just changed his identity to be secure from terrorist and kidnappers an government as we

DiFranco

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:39:56 PM

noone knows who he is, but i doubt hes helping with bitcoin, i think he left and sold everything long time ago
cheers

Sold everything? What do you mean by everything because his coins haven't moved from their addresses and I think that's one of the big mysteries surrounding him. I think he's moved on but I also think he's hoarding his coins for whatever reason.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:10:39 PM

cheers

Sold everything? What do you mean by everything because his coins haven't moved from their addresses and I think that's one of the big mysteries surrounding him. I think he's moved on but I also think he's hoarding his coins for whatever reason.

For whatever reason? Bitcoin is expected to go at least 10K in the following years, thats one big reason to hoard. Plus he will never sell, if he needs something i'll buy it with bitcoin, why the fuck sell coins for fiat anyway.
IAmARoyalElite

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:28:01 PM

don't think that mr. Nakamoto sold his bitcoins long time ago
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:45:36 AM

Nobody know, he choose to leave.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 06:24:03 PM

i think who create project he will never left if thats project success
like bitcoin now .
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 06:32:53 PM

Apparently his last post on bitcointalk was in 2011 or so,

Actually December 12, 2010 (depending on your time zone).

does anyone know where he went (in terms of the Internet, is he still developing bitcoin or has he left the scene)?

Nobody even knows who he is.  He disappeared and hasn't been heard from in over 4 years.

He might still be active on the internet and might even still be participating in Bitcoin without anyone knowing who he really is.

I'd like to think if anyone knew who Satoshi Nakamoto was it'd be Mr. Finney:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155054.0

Hal Finney would probably know who Satoshi was, or in a plot twist, maybe Mr. Finney was Satoshi all along...

We'll never know.  RIP Hal Finney.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:23:19 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 10:02:18 PM by Bizmark13

I'd like to think if anyone knew who Satoshi Nakamoto was it'd be Mr. Finney:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155054.0

Hal Finney would probably know who Satoshi was, or in a plot twist, maybe Mr. Finney was Satoshi all along...

We'll never know.  RIP Hal Finney.

If you read some of the earliest posts made by Satoshi in the original cryptography mailing list, you can find many conversations that happened between him and Hal Finney as well as a few other members of the cryptography community at the time. They're pretty insightful and definitely worth a read. And unless he's the type of person who talks with himself, I doubt they are the same person. Grin

One of my favorite conversations is this one where the two discuss the possible future value of Bitcoin:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg10142.html

Quote from: Hal Finney
One immediate problem with any new currency is how to value it. Even ignoring the practical problem that virtually no one will accept it at first, there is still a difficulty in coming up with a reasonable argument in favor of a particular non-zero value for the coins.

As an amusing thought experiment, imagine that Bitcoin is successful and becomes the dominant payment system in use throughout the world.  Then the total value of the currency should be equal to the total value of all the wealth in the world. Current estimates of total worldwide household wealth that I have found range from $100 trillion to $300 trillion. With 20 million coins, that gives each coin a value of about $10 million.

So the possibility of generating coins today with a few cents of compute time may be quite a good bet, with a payoff of something like 100 million to 1! Even if the odds of Bitcoin succeeding to this degree are slim, are they really 100 million to one against? Something to think about...

Gotta love this part:

Quote from: Satoshi Nakamoto
It could get started in a narrow niche like reward points, donation tokens, currency for a game or micropayments for adult sites.  Initially it can be used in proof-of-work applications for services that could almost be free but not quite...

...It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on.  If enough people think the same way, that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.  Once it gets bootstrapped, there are so many applications if you could effortlessly pay a few cents to a website as easily as dropping coins in a vending machine.

As for what Satoshi did after he left the forums, I've even heard rumors that went on the develop altcoins. I know it's quite popular for altcoins with mysterious devs to claim that they are actually Satoshi in disguise. The Bytecoin community toyed with the idea. NXT did so as well. Others believe that he is actually Nick Szabo who seems oddly enthusiastic about Ethereum...
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:57:13 PM

He used UK spelling so it's unlikely he could be Nick Szabo or Mr. Finney
nambich

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:20:25 PM

Satoshi ? He's brother of Hidotoshi Nakata LOL !

Just for fun !
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:51:34 PM

Do you think the banksters or the government got to him?

After all he disrupted the ponzi scheme of the banking cartel and i`m sure many investment bankers play darts using satoshi as their target.

It's just insane how evil those guys are, so even if satoshi is dead he will be remembered as a martyr for financial liberty!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Webnet

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

DaDice! Next Generation Dice Game

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:05:17 PM

he's probably using some alt accounts in the forum

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:21:12 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 10:48:48 PM by maku

I searched whole internet for posts written by Satoshi. And I find his last post. It is here: http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?commentId=2003008%3AComment%3A52186
Satoshi Wrote:
Reply by Satoshi Nakamoto on March 7, 2014 at 1:17
 "I am not Dorian Nakamoto."

So he is not inactive like some may think. He is lurking around.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:09:50 PM

I searched whole internet for posts written by Satoshi. And I find his last post. It is here: http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?commentId=2003008%3AComment%3A52186
Satoshi Wrote:
Reply by Satoshi Nakamoto on March 7, 2014 at 1:17
 "I am not Dorian Nakamoto."

So he is not inactive like some may think. He is lurking around.

This is nothing new.

This incident is very well known and has been discussed numerous times in this forum.

Apparently Satoshi's account was hacked and the hacker posted this. The message was not signed, so nobody believes it to be from Satoshi.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: