Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:18:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing my first product, Clothes Detergent  (Read 3330 times)
TheBitcoinChemist (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:03:52 PM

I am more interested in being able to boycott Walmart or other retailers along with the banking system and credit cards than save a few pennies.

Plus, my cups all have scum on them unless I wash by hand because the dishwasher detergent does not actually clean!

I'll see what I can come up with, and I'm certain that a powdered dishwasher detergent would be much more economical to ship; both because it requires even less per load and because I think that I can make it even more concentrated than the clothes detergent, due to the fact that a couple of those sodiums serve no purpose in a dishwasher.  As long as I don't need to substitute other ingredients, I can make this stuff very concentrated.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBitcoinChemist (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:05:09 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2012, 01:43:01 AM by TheBitcoinChemist

How much do you think you could fit in a Medium or Large flat rate USPS Priority Mail box?

I agree with this guy. Have you checked the "If it fits if ships" boxes?

Yes, I have.  They don't really offer any advantage, because the powder is relatively light and volumous.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:15:52 PM

Color me interested.  If it works better than Tide, then I know my wife would like it.  So, what's the cost per load at 2 tbsp per load?
TheBitcoinChemist (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:42:30 AM

Color me interested.  If it works better than Tide, then I know my wife would like it.

Definately works better than Tide.

So, what's the cost per load at 2 tbsp per load?

Quite a bit more than Tide.
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 03:56:28 PM

After reading this thread, I started looking up the phosphate issue and ordered a batch of "bubble bandit" with phosphates. I believe soaps with phosphates would be a perfect product for the libertarian minded bitcoin community.

If you make up a batch of dishwasher / laundry / Huh detergent with phosphates, put me down for a large order.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:17:31 PM

After reading this thread, I started looking up the phosphate issue and ordered a batch of "bubble bandit" with phosphates. I believe soaps with phosphates would be a perfect product for the libertarian minded bitcoin community.

If you make up a batch of dishwasher / laundry / Huh detergent with phosphates, put me down for a large order.

I already had phosphates in my clothes detergent.  Did you want the remainder of the batch?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:33:30 PM

Phosphates are expensive, not only in production but also in cleanup. They need to be removed from the wastewater, or they will disrupt the phosphor cycle and cause eutrophication. Admittedly, the phosphates contained in laundry detergent are unlikely to cause a major issue, being dwarfed by phosphate mining and water purification.

I believe the environmental concern is the reason recent editions of Tide have elected against phosphate use, and phosphate laundry powders need to be hunted down in retail stores (once, they were ubiquitous).
TheBitcoinChemist (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:35:54 PM

Phosphates are expensive, not only in production but also in cleanup. They need to be removed from the wastewater, or they will disrupt the phosphor cycle and cause eutrophication. Admittedly, the phosphates contained in laundry detergent are unlikely to cause a major issue, being dwarfed by phosphate mining and water purification.

I believe the environmental concern is the reason recent editions of Tide have elected against phosphate use, and phosphate laundry powders need to be hunted down in retail stores (once, they were ubiquitous).

If you actually believe this crap, then don't buy my products.  As you already have acknowledged, the residential contributions of phosphates to wastewater systems is miniscule; particularly as compared to what industry does, and industry isn't limited in this regard.  I should know, since I use industrial chemicals to create my products, bought legally & without restrictions within the commercial/industrial cleaning products market.  The big complaint about phosphates is that there is some evidence that phosphates favor the growth of freshwater alge (pond scum), thus negatively affecting the habitats of fish.  This has nominally zero bearing on the environment, unless you happen to be directly dumping your wastewater into streams untreated; which is and has been a crime anywhere in the US for at least 80 years.  And if you are doing any such thing, there are many other things more hazardous to fish in there than phosphates.  If you use a municipal treatment plant, they artificially create conditions ideal for either anarobic or arobic breakdown; which happen to be conditions ideal for the growth of pod scum anyway.  If you live in the countryside and depend upon an individual system, they all pretty much do the same thing on a more local scale.  By the time the water leaves the system, it's oxygenated and not at all harmful for fish; even if the levels of phosphates that you use in you dishwasher or washing machine were not increadiblely diluted just by the amount of water you flush down your California approved toilet.

There will be phostphates in my formulas.  It does wonders for the dard water problem that aaffects just about every American household that is not within 100 miles of the West Coast.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: