Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:14:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Loss of BTC purchase pre wallet restoration?  (Read 896 times)
mulga (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:54:51 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 08:00:44 PM by mulga

Hi,
I recently imported an old wallet from a seed key onto a new netbook with fresh install of Armory. The wallet initially had a zero balance, however while waiting for to the blockchain to download i decided to generate a new public key for a small buy due to price drop, assuming that once the blockchain was finaly competed and synced there would be no prob. Today i noticed a warning msg while using Armory, specifically warning against doing this. Now that im fully synced up the recently purchased bitcoin don't appear in the balance.
I've check the blockchain and my X.BTC are ofc there, just not showing w/ Armory balance.
What if anything can be done about this? I fear restoring the wallet again would 'destroy' the public key I have created?

Any help would be great.
Cheers, all.

EDIT: Armory ver 0.92.3-b

picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:28:22 PM

What you have done is only a problem if your netbook does not have the muscles to run Armory.  Otherwise, your coins are safe.  Is your bitcoin core / bitcoind fully synchronized with the network?  Is Armory online, and connected with bitcoin core?  Check that the block number in the lower right corner matches the last block number as you can see it on blockchain.info.  If not, that is the problem.
mulga (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:15:09 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 12:26:51 AM by mulga

Ahh, I see. Looks like i jumped the gun on this. The blockchain is downloaded, but now Armory is building the db w/ several hours to go. As you pointed out, the client is in fact listed as being on block zero. I guess I freaked out after seeing the warning dialog box.
Thanks to your help, i'm confidant there won't be any probs once the db is built. I'll just wait and see how we go though.

Thanks for the help, mate  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: