Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:40:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GS, JPM and all other boutiques will open their bitcoin desks sooner or later  (Read 4793 times)
ivyleague1985 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:26:22 PM

With a regulated US exchange, it is expected all major investment banks will tap into the trading area of bitcoins.

Liquidity, depth of order book and trading volume will all be improved.

This is the real potential benefit I read from the coinbase announcement.

By the regulation, It is impossible for banks to trade on bitfinex and bitstamp in the past, unlike our retail traders.
Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:31:10 PM

Yeah, I guess it will be some kind of special forex-kinda currency or commodity if you ask me. Now things are starting being regulated properly, the good old banks will be interested in Bitcoin soon, I believe. Things are starting to roll this very minute!

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:34:06 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 02:49:39 PM by Newar

With a regulated US exchange, it is expected all major investment banks will tap into the trading area of bitcoins.

Liquidity, depth of order book and trading volume will all be improved.

This is the real potential benefit I read from the coinbase announcement.

By the regulation, It is impossible for banks to trade on bitfinex and bitstamp in the past, unlike our retail traders.

There already are regulated US exchanges for a long time. One more won't change anything quickly.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:45:15 PM

Speaking of banks and BTC:

- 1st they deny it
- 2nd they fight it
- 3rd they join it (we are close to this point)
- 4th they assimilate

The 4th step will take it closer to mainstream, but this is where I'm cautious. Going mainstream comes with its own familiar problems; many of which bitcoiners originally sought to alleviate.
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:29:37 PM

I personally know bankers at GS who have undergone company sponsored Bitcoin Training in the last 6 weeks.
ivyleague1985 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:13:11 PM

I personally know bankers at GS who have undergone company sponsored Bitcoin Training in the last 6 weeks.

Thanks for the inputs here. It totally makes sense.

They have existing infrastructure, talents, algorithm and capital to do it. Why not do it, if the regulation obstacle has been removed?
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:42:20 PM

Thanks for the inputs here. It totally makes sense.

They have existing infrastructure, talents, algorithm and capital to do it. Why not do it, if the regulation obstacle has been removed?

Thanks. yeah, these bankers I speak of were extremely skeptical of Bitcoin and have been criticizing my involvement for the past 13 months. It was amazing to watch their perspective transform after their "training". One piece of information they divulged to me about their training was that GS expected the Bitcoin price to rise dramatically sometime in the next 12 months: $10k+ and beyond. Needless to say they've gone from total skeptics to Bitcoin buyers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: