Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Input Requested from Ponzi Users  (Read 1625 times)
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:14:09 AM

In case you did not know, http://flukybet.com/ just started a lotto based game and I am the escrow for the funds. See sig for the discussion thread.

Obviously if all things are working well, you would maintain the escrow, but let's say I am a scumbag and want to run off with the funds.  How does you acting as an escrow benefit the people I have defrauded?

(Please understand I am not questioning you, I am truly interested in your response)

With an escrow managing the funds and payouts,

1. OP has zero access to the funds
2. payout process has no gaps

Basically what your saying is a trusted user runs the escrow. Any escrow wouldn't manually run a ponzi for free, and if he was taking a fee, why not him run his own. A solution to this thought would be to provide your script and he would put the blockchain API on it so that the payouts would still come out automatically but on the start of the round, the large amount of payments would be in the hands of the escrow.

You have no rights to give your opinions scammer. At least this OP had the courtesy to use a reputable member to hold the funds unlike you stating that you needed 3 confirmations and then poof . Like david copperfield.
Wasn't me who did that... Please look at the proof before falsely accusing me.

What? Dude stop rolling the ball to others. It was you. Coming clean wont get you a noble prize. Voice your opinions else where .. perhaps the scam accusation section or something.
No. It was not me.
Look at the IP logs of all moreias alts
The IP logs accessing the blockchain wallet
Moreias alt actually ADMITTED that it was him and not me (thegambler)

That's what scammers do dont they, deny.. We all know who it is. So enough is enough. Refund then start talking, else just get back to your corner
I am denying because I have proof that supports my deny of this.
All you have is your opinion, and no proof that I did it.

What ever you say sherlock, your trust rating says it all.
Here's a opinion for you, get a real job instead of doing all this bullshit and wasting your time here on this forum and on PD.
Start working and raise the funds to re-pay back what you took , oh not forgetting funds from btc-stocks too. Obviously your other alt is Plutonium.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:15:28 AM

In case you did not know, http://flukybet.com/ just started a lotto based game and I am the escrow for the funds. See sig for the discussion thread.

Obviously if all things are working well, you would maintain the escrow, but let's say I am a scumbag and want to run off with the funds.  How does you acting as an escrow benefit the people I have defrauded?

(Please understand I am not questioning you, I am truly interested in your response)

With an escrow managing the funds and payouts,

1. OP has zero access to the funds
2. payout process has no gaps

Basically what your saying is a trusted user runs the escrow. Any escrow wouldn't manually run a ponzi for free, and if he was taking a fee, why not him run his own. A solution to this thought would be to provide your script and he would put the blockchain API on it so that the payouts would still come out automatically but on the start of the round, the large amount of payments would be in the hands of the escrow.

You have no rights to give your opinions scammer. At least this OP had the courtesy to use a reputable member to hold the funds unlike you stating that you needed 3 confirmations and then poof . Like david copperfield.
Wasn't me who did that... Please look at the proof before falsely accusing me.

What? Dude stop rolling the ball to others. It was you. Coming clean wont get you a noble prize. Voice your opinions else where .. perhaps the scam accusation section or something.
No. It was not me.
Look at the IP logs of all moreias alts
The IP logs accessing the blockchain wallet
Moreias alt actually ADMITTED that it was him and not me (thegambler)

That's what scammers do dont they, deny.. We all know who it is. So enough is enough. Refund then start talking, else just get back to your corner
I am denying because I have proof that supports my deny of this.
All you have is your opinion, and no proof that I did it.

What ever you say sherlock, your trust rating says it all.
Here's a opinion for you, get a real job instead of doing all this bullshit and wasting your time here on this forum and on PD.
Start working and raise the funds to re-pay back what you took , oh not forgetting funds from btc-stocks too. Obviously your other alt is Plutonium.
I had no involvment with btc-stocks, that was moreia... Plutonium is one of many of moreias alts.
You have made found zero connection with me and btc-stocks, don't know why your falsly accusing

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mmxca (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:40:48 PM

It was me, not william.

you're lucky he's pulling out of his own pocket for my own problems Smiley

Now that y'all have finished measuring your junk; can we get back to the topic at hand?
mmxca (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:29:15 PM

I believe that another board member and I have come up with as "fair" and transparent of a "Ponzi" game as possible.  In fact, I don't think you can even call it a Ponzi game anymore.  It's more of a "raffle" where you buy tickets, and 70% of those tickets get paid back at 125% of the original purchase price.  The 5% is withheld as fee to cover the cost of site operation, network transaction fees, development, and hosting.

Full history is visible right from the site.

The site will not go live to general public until February 1, 2015 at Midnight GMT.  However, the site is available and fully functional at a temporary URL if anyone would like to play early to prove that it is fair and equitable.  I encourage anyone who has ever played a ponzi game to at least take a look at the Rules and FAQ pages to see if it peaks your interest.  I do look forward to any feedback you might be willing to provide.  The "per share" price is 0.0025BTC so you can risk as little or as much as you like.

Rules: http://www.theponzigames.com/new/rules.php
FAQ: http://www.theponzigames.com/new/faq.php
Play: http://www.theponzigames.com/new/index.php

The only part of the site that does not currently work is the "Search" on the history page.  That will be implemented today at some point and I will update this entry when that occurs.
elephantas1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:52:22 PM

did you put in those first coins by yourself to get profit easily from others? because the adress is the same and the amount is the same
stevetrac

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:56:27 PM

did you put in those first coins by yourself to get profit easily from others? because the adress is the same and the amount is the same
the first coins are mine . if you read it says every ticket is 0.0025 and if you send more ( multiples of 0.0025) you get more tickets simple.

also if you read more you will see that the first in do not have any more chance of winning than the last entry , its random
elephantas1

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:58:08 PM

the first coins are mine . if you read it says every ticket is 0.0025 and if you send more ( multiples of 0.0025) you get more tickets simple
and will those first deposits get paid first? because if yes thats kinda unfair for other people who will have to wait more
stevetrac

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:03:22 PM

the first coins are mine . if you read it says every ticket is 0.0025 and if you send more ( multiples of 0.0025) you get more tickets simple
and will those first deposits get paid first? because if yes thats kinda unfair for other people who will have to wait more
no everybody who has a winning ticket will be paid once the hundred deposits are complete . nobody gets perfered status as i read it
elephantas1

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:30:35 PM

no everybody who has a winning ticket will be paid once the hundred deposits are complete . nobody gets perfered status as i read it
and if you will not reach hundred deposits will you pay back for people who deposited, or youll keep money to yourself?
mmxca (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:39:12 PM

and if you will not reach hundred deposits will you pay back for people who deposited, or youll keep money to yourself?

For the record, the answer is no.  If we don't sell a full round, I will refund everyone's investment less the 0.0001 transaction fee.

stevetrac

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:42:50 PM

i do not believe the op would keep the money to himself and as it's open ended ( no set time limit to acheive 100 deposits) there is no need to stop
mrTorrio

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:12:53 PM

Now that y'all have finished measuring your junk; can we get back to the topic at hand?

Ok, I want to input my 5 cents.

I really like the script of weeklyponzi.com/24hourponzi.com and I think it could be a sample for every ponzi. That op really did good job.
According to this I figured out few rules that would make ponzi more comfortable for all
1) One and only one address. People must see all movements of coins.
2) Feedback to users. The main problem of mentioned ponzies is that OP simply didn't give a shit at his players in the end.
3) Instant payout (to prevent double spending at least after 1 confirmation)
4) Strict timestamps according to, for example, blockchain. It means that if person deposited at 23:59:59 - he wont be paid.
5) Ponzi should be time-limited (1-3 days per round. One week period is too slow and 1 day is too risky for someone)
6) Reward for last e.g. 3-5 payments to encourage last users. It can be full payment or just refund.
7) (Optional) Percent growth for each day. For example 1 day - 120% payout, 2 day - 125% payout, 3 day - 130% payout, next round.
8 ) And of course it would be very good to have some reserve fund with ~10 btc

I don't know how honest are you, OP, but I believe you has good intentions about that ponzi and wont scam us. But still you should gain some respect. So don't expect huge activity at start.

Good luck!
mmxca (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:43:15 PM

I really like the script of weeklyponzi.com/24hourponzi.com and I think it could be a sample for every ponzi. That op really did good job.
According to this I figured out few rules that would make ponzi more comfortable for all
2) Feedback to users. The main problem of mentioned ponzies is that OP simply didn't give a shit at his players in the end.
4) Strict timestamps according to, for example, blockchain. It means that if person deposited at 23:59:59 - he wont be paid.
5) Ponzi should be time-limited (1-3 days per round. One week period is too slow and 1 day is too risky for someone)
6) Reward for last e.g. 3-5 payments to encourage last users. It can be full payment or just refund.
7) (Optional) Percent growth for each day. For example 1 day - 120% payout, 2 day - 125% payout, 3 day - 130% payout, next round.

I don't know how honest are you, OP, but I believe you has good intentions about that ponzi and wont scam us. But still you should gain some respect. So don't expect huge activity at start.

Good luck!

Thank you for the vote of confidence.  I have every intent of being in this for the long haul.  Hopefully people will see as time goes on that there is no genie behind the curtain in this game.  I do like some of your ideas.  Most do not apply to the current game, but if I do ever roll out a real ponzi game again, I will incorporate them into my system.  I encourage you to take a look at the preview of the new game that is going to be going public Saturday evening. 

Rules: http://www.theponzigames.com/new/rules.php
FAQ: http://www.theponzigames.com/new/faq.php
Play: http://www.theponzigames.com/new/index.php
stevetrac

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:49:28 AM

Good luck!

i feel most of your points are only relevent to standard ponzi scheme's ,and from what i can work out this is a long way from that.

the main point of this game is the fact that the element of first in win last in lose has been removed completely
mmxca (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:18:05 PM

i feel most of your points are only relevent to standard ponzi scheme's ,and from what i can work out this is a long way from that.

the main point of this game is the fact that the element of first in win last in lose has been removed completely

That is precisely my point Smiley  I am not really sure this can legitimately even be called a ponzi any more.  This is really no different than you buying a raffle ticket at a bingo parlor. 
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:32:54 PM

The fluky guy thought thru this and came to a similar conclusion to you.
He started off thinking ponzi, then removed the first in win last lose element because, among other reasons, of the impossibility of proving that the operator wasn't top of the list.
He then partnered up with a legendary member and offered escrow.
It will be interesting to see whether you and he can make this lottery approach work: it seems to me that bettors like "ponzi games" because of the buzz and the illusion that there is some skill? in it, which is missing from this version.
Good luck.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935343.0

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
mmxca (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:45:31 PM

The fluky guy thought thru this and came to a similar conclusion to you.
He started off thinking ponzi, then removed the first in win last lose element because, among other reasons, of the impossibility of proving that the operator wasn't top of the list.
He then partnered up with a legendary member and offered escrow.
It will be interesting to see whether you and he can make this lottery approach work: it seems to me that bettors like "ponzi games" because of the buzz and the illusion that there is some skill? in it, which is missing from this version.
Good luck.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935343.0

Because of the nature of the current game, it would be very difficult to incorporate a third party.  In my simulations, it was processing a game every 3 seconds.  An escrow would fit very nicely into my next project (after this one is up and running like a finely tuned engine) though and I have already been approached by ninjaboon (fluky's escrow) regarding his participation.
stevetrac

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:47:18 PM

will the new game still be starting tonight
mmxca (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:42:44 PM

will the new game still be starting tonight

It will go public tonight at Midnight GMT (7:00 pm ET)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: