Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:16:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ladies and Gentleman, There goes $9  (Read 3759 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:47:11 AM

It's too fast, for too little of a reason. It smells like bubble.

Bubbles are driven by hype.  Where's they hype?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:48:37 AM

hype is late to this party, it will follow with next wave
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:48:43 AM

Nope, this is elliott wave theory guys, the price is gonna hit $30, then $100.  Bitcoin is undervalued, now that people understand it, they will hold tight, the market matured significantly since last summer's high of $31.90.  Perhaps, we could see $100 before the end of the year Smiley

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:48:54 AM

Seriously?  WTF is going on?  This makes no sense.

We won't stop until you take down that bear.
I can't speak for Proudhon, but this kind of momentum is making me more bearish.

I fully expect we'll visit the $6s again.  The first person to sell a few thousand will start a sell off.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:51:49 AM

Nope, this is elliott wave theory guys, the price is gonna hit $30, then $100.  Bitcoin is undervalued, now that people understand it, they will hold tight, the market matured significantly since last summer's high of $31.90.  Perhaps, we could see $100 before the end of the year Smiley

I agree that both the market and the infrastructure has significantly improved, but I have a hard time accepting that the improvement is worth this much.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 01:53:06 AM

I can't speak for Proudhon, but this kind of momentum is making me more bearish.

I fully expect we'll visit the $6s again.  The first person to sell a few thousand will start a sell off.

dude its over stop holding on to a clearly dead bear.

This is it Bubble #2 is about to start!  
Let us all remember the game plan 12$ is the "top", 8$ is the bottom, and then sky is the fucking limit!

notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:55:22 AM

If you're so sure, go ahead and sell a few thousand.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:55:59 AM

This seems like one person/group who put like a million USD on gox. They will succeed at creating a bubble if they keep this up though. Noone wants to sell low, I think most have just been doing that to improve their position.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:56:44 AM

Let us all remember the game plan 12$ is the "top", 8$ is the bottom, and then sky is the fucking limit!

That's where it's at. if this guy is chasing he will run it all the way to $11.99885  then who knows where the see-saw will balance it out at. I'm guessing 9ish

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:57:19 AM

This looks like a fairly classic base and break pattern, not a bubble. A move like this has been building in the chart for months. If we get much above 10 without pulling back and basing for the next leg up, then I might get a little worried that it is overdone. But otherwise it is pretty healthy bullish action.  
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 05:50:27 AM

I sold some BTC is what. As history has taught me, the moment I sell something the price immediately jumps. The converse is also true. I try to use this power only for good.

This....  ^^^^

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 06:00:02 AM

Kim Dotcom spent a few days figuring out what Bitcoin was all about and tonight he decided to take the plunge??

Makes a little sense.

He hears about bitcoin, super excited, excited enough to realize he should open his goddamn mouth until he has all he wants. Timing works for that.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:01:44 AM

I agree that both the market and the infrastructure has significantly improved, but I have a hard time accepting that the improvement is worth this much.

I'm honestly surprised that we haven't really tested the teens yet.  From my perspectives, the high last year was obviously a bubble due to hype, but there is no hype here.  In fact, quite the opposite, the bitcoin economy has grown significantly; and with Silk Road still marching along as if it's untouchable, the reputation that bitcoin can do what is claimed is starting to really talk hold.  Just last week I had the first person to ever ask me if I had heard about "this Bitcoin thing" without some obvious segway to the topic.  The current userbase should be able to sustain $15 at least, IMHO.  The last I looked, it appeared as if Silk Road alone was doing $2 million per month in gross sales, and the 24 volume record from MtGox alone is roughly 20% of the entire bitcoin base.  Some news is brewing here with this spike & pullback, I just don't know what it is yet.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:03:16 AM

Kim Dotcom spent a few days figuring out what Bitcoin was all about and tonight he decided to take the plunge??

Makes a little sense.

He hears about bitcoin, super excited, excited enough to realize he should open his goddamn mouth until he has all he wants. Timing works for that.

Did he get his funds unfrozen in a first place?
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 06:03:33 AM

Kim Dotcom got his assets unfrozen and moved them all to BTC so the feds can't touch it again.

Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:09:14 AM

This. Fucking this. Where the hell is all this traffic coming from?

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 06:10:40 AM

Makes a little sense.

Did he get his funds unfrozen in a first place?

I don't know, but we're talking 1 million. Maybe he found it in the cushions of a really big comfortable couch.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:33:35 AM

The Kim theory is nice, except maybe for the ridiculous sliding wall.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:36:31 AM

Kim is looking for a billing solution for his next venture, but i don't think he has extra play money atm
Bjork

Activity: 457

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:37:29 AM

Everyone have fun trading tonight?  Grin

It looks like it might stay around 8 or just under, but the manipulators keep trying to push it both ways... Undecided

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: