Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:38:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obviously the btc market has been cornered!  (Read 1698 times)
mjsbuddha (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:12:08 AM

Someone with at least 72,000 btc (I assume either pirate or the Bitcoinica hacker) has cornered the market and is actively manipulating the bitcoin exchange rate on mtgox by putting up huge bid/ask walls. Am I the only asshole that notices this is an artificial rally?  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:12:23 AM

<pirateat40> well guys, i think i've scared off the sellers. I'm tired and going to call it night and let the bots play.  IRCFrEAK, im pulling the my wall and dumping.... Get ready!

dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:13:10 AM

lol can't sleep this is fun Smiley

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 06:18:22 AM

Someone with at least 72,000 btc (I assume either pirate or the Bitcoinica hacker) has cornered the market and is actively manipulating the bitcoin exchange rate on mtgox by putting up huge bid/ask walls. Am I the only asshole that notices this is an artificial rally?  Huh

Hardly artificial if you look at how weak the ask side is. However the someone with more than the amount of funds you mention was having a bit of fun today.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 06:20:28 AM

i missed out on the $9.5 peak, saw it on my phone's widget, but couldn't trade it.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:28:06 AM

Nope! You aren't the only one. Some others around here choose to be ignorant.

finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:29:50 AM

<pirateat40> well guys, i think i've scared off the sellers. I'm tired and going to call it night and let the bots play.  IRCFrEAK, im pulling the my wall and dumping.... Get ready!

I thought I saw this posted on another thread. Is this a joke recycle or did he actually say this on IRC?
mjsbuddha (OP)

yung lean

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:30:28 AM

Well I've been out of the forum loop a while so let me rephrase. Am I the only asshole that cares that one dude controls the exchange rate? Huh
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 06:31:43 AM

I thought I saw this posted on another thread. Is this a joke recycle or did he actually say this on IRC?

yes he said that in the irc, but was not identified

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 06:35:14 AM

It's only because traders don't understand how market manipulation works. There are a lot of people that trade on this market that have no clue what they are doing. So, the way I see it, if we teach people some of the basic concepts of market manipulation then it will be less effective, and can even backfire.

the pressure is there. remember this key concept: "WALLS ARE FOR MARKET MANIPULATION ONLY"  the agenda behind putting up a wall is never to buy or sell coins but to keep the price high/low before a set time to make a switch (ie. this weekend). the reason they want to keep the price low till the weekend is they don't want to have as much competition for cheap coins. All the REAL trades are done in "the trenches." When people actually want to buy or sell coins they will do it "in the trenches" discreetly selling/buying a couple hundred coins at a time.

So essentially what i'm saying may sound counter-intuitive but here's what i think of "walls" :   A large ask wall thats up all day friday is a BULLISH sign. Assuming that they make the switch to the Bid side when the banks close. also a large bid wall thats up all day sunday is a BEARISH sign, because they plan on switching to the ask side when banks open.

The almost perfectly linear Diagonal line shape of the bid side is much more healthy than the "r" shape of the ask side.  this is because the bid side is full of "real" traders. People who actually want to buy coins. any time the price changes up or down the bid side is always buying "in the trenches"

Right now, in my opinion, the people that are selling "in the trenches" are being manipulated by that ask wall.

Wow I actually learned something important here. Thanks!

this is why you should ignore walls. in fact, you should almost see them as an indicator of a switch

The almost perfectly linear Diagonal line shape of the bid side is much more healthy than the "r" shape of the ask side.

What about manipulators creating this "organic" line shape at the bid side (maybe via some script)?
then they would have to be selling/buying in the trenches because they would have no wall to manipulate people into undercutting (which protects their wall, so they would have no protection). so their agenda would be to actually sell/buy coins. so this is what manipulators do AFTER a switch, or if they are predicting another manipulator's switch by essentially "calling their bluff".

bottom line is: no matter if its a bot or a bunch real traders, Linear diagonal lines are signs that they actually want to buy/sell. Walls are signs that they don't.

this explains why that counter-argument doesn't make sense. 

PLZ STOP GETTING MANIPULATED BY WALLS!! WE CAN FIX THIS OBVIOUS MANIPULATION IF YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:35:21 AM

I hope that hacker who stole bitcoincia bitcoins sold on that panic to buy higher Smiley

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:27:11 PM

The manipulation is created by everyone who has money with pirate.  FYI.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:08:03 PM

Did the pump&dump really work? http://www.bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg2ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv  I'm seeing a dump of about 42k BTC for prices ranging between 9.3 to 8, but it does not look like there was enough volume to buy that back (to complete the cycle).  And now the price is approaching 8.4.  So the exact distribution within that slippage is critical. 

But my takeaway from last night's drama is that this bull market is so strong it may have caused the pump & dump to backfire!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: