Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:06:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Panicked Super Rich Buying Boltholes with Private Airstrips  (Read 1253 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:29:43 PM

Hedge fund managers are buying up remote ranches and land in places like New Zealand to flee to in event of wide-spread civil unrest

Super rich hedge fund managers are buying 'secret boltholes' where they can hideout in the event of civil uprising against growing inequality, it has been claimed.

Nervous financiers from across the globe have begun purchasing landing strips, homes and land in areas such as New Zealand so they can flee should people rise up.

With growing inequality and riots such as those in London in 2011 and in Ferguson and other parts of the USA last year, many financial leaders fear they could become targets for public fury.

Robert Johnson, president of the Institute of New Economic Thinking, told people at the World Economic Forum in Davos that many hedge fund managers were already planning their escapes.

He said: “I know hedge fund managers all over the world who are buying airstrips and farms in places like New Zealand because they think they need a getaway."

More...http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/panicked-super-rich-buying-boltholes-5044084
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:58:25 PM

If people really wanted to get them they could steal some boats and land on new Zealand to hunt them down. I think space is a better idea.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:22:07 AM

While it isn't surprising that these money magicians would get the lion's share of the blame as things continue to decline for the masses but I also remember reading something not too long ago about these same people buying submarines and just using those as chill spots as they navigate to where they want to be. Doesn't seem as tho space is a practical getaway method yet. Wink
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:21:32 PM

Personally I would love to buy an old nuclear bunker.

http://uniquepropertybulletin.co.uk/for-sale-wanted-nuclear-bunker/
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:06:00 PM

Panicked Super Rich Buying Boltholes with Private Airstrips

=====

The smart ones own mega yachts and keep them on the move ..

Triff ..

Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:40:47 PM

Elysium here we come

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
shluher

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin > Dollar

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 04:24:27 AM

Hedge fund managers are buying up remote ranches and land in places like New Zealand to flee to in event of wide-spread civil unrest

Super rich hedge fund managers are buying 'secret boltholes' where they can hideout in the event of civil uprising against growing inequality, it has been claimed.

Nervous financiers from across the globe have begun purchasing landing strips, homes and land in areas such as New Zealand so they can flee should people rise up.

With growing inequality and riots such as those in London in 2011 and in Ferguson and other parts of the USA last year, many financial leaders fear they could become targets for public fury.

Robert Johnson, president of the Institute of New Economic Thinking, told people at the World Economic Forum in Davos that many hedge fund managers were already planning their escapes.

He said: “I know hedge fund managers all over the world who are buying airstrips and farms in places like New Zealand because they think they need a getaway."

More...http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/panicked-super-rich-buying-boltholes-5044084

Should set some base on the moon for this case =)
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:42:16 AM

if they are worried about riots and rising crime they should stop flooding our countries with black immigrants

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:20:57 PM

Should set some base on the moon for this case =)
Zee already there.  Heil!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_b-g2PUsy8
Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:14:47 AM

I just don get the greed. Why live in fear for the rest of your life with billions on your bank account, instead of living in a stable rich happy society with 100 -500 million in wealth? In either case you will have more than enough money for you to live very good lives.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:20:49 AM

if they are worried about riots and rising crime they should stop flooding our countries with black immigrants

someone called saddam complaining about immigrants .....
i loled   Grin Grin Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: