Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:21:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broker - Bitcoin To You  (Read 1939 times)
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1261
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 11:42:30 AM

Dears Friends

It´s avaliable in beta test the website: https://www.bitcointoyou.com/broker

The purpose of this website is to serve as an intermediary for the sale or exchange of bitcoin bitcoin by some object.

The sender user and the receiver user must create user on website (bitcoin address and password), the sender (who will send bitcoin) creates a transaction in the website indicating who will be the recipient.

Instead of sending bitcoin directly to another user, bitcoin is sent to the address of the website (unique address by transaction). The bitcoin is only sent to the recipient user, upon approval of the submitting user, and the bitcoin is never returned to sender, unless the receiver user authorizes.

There are no fees!

Please, in this moment, use only for little quantity ( below of 10 bitcoin). Use this topic for critics, suggestions and questions.

Thank you
BITCOIN BROKER
https://www.bitcointoyou.com/broker
The same creators of BITCOIN CARD BRAZIL
http://www.bitcoinmoney.com/post/25596320277/bitcoin-bric-expansion
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bitcoin+brazil
http://www.bitcoinbrasil.com.br/?p=394

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rate5

Activity: 104
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 11:46:52 AM

Is this a automated Bitcoin escrow system?  What happens if there is a dispute, does Bitcoin Broker keep the money?
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 11:57:46 AM

Is this a automated Bitcoin escrow system?  What happens if there is a dispute, does Bitcoin Broker keep the money?

All the process involving the transaction, from beginning to end is automated.

It´s possible to post comment by transactions any time, to analyse the situation. In situation of dispute, we will always suggest to those involved in a transaction to reach an agreement, but NEVER, we will release the bitcoin for a party, without the consent of the both parties. And we will never transfer the bitcoin from transaction address (it´s possible to see in website) to another address, it´s possible to check by blockexplorer.com)
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 01:48:04 AM

we will release the bitcoin for a party, without the consent of the both parties.

If the buyer gets the goods but never releases the funds, do the funds eventually get donated or assigned in some manner?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 12:54:11 PM

we will release the bitcoin for a party, without the consent of the both parties.

If the buyer gets the goods but never releases the funds, do the funds eventually get donated or assigned in some manner?

The ideia to make donations is good! I will think on this!
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 11:25:05 AM

I do not understand why people are not using our website, if there is anything we can improve, please tell us!
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 03:39:56 PM

Does your company have full control of the funds when they are sent to you? i.e. you have the private keys to the escrow?

so basically if you get hacked, people will lose all their money entrusted to you?

Or is it based on multi-sig crypto stuff?

cheers for the clarification
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 03:55:41 PM

Does your company have full control of the funds when they are sent to you? i.e. you have the private keys to the escrow?

so basically if you get hacked, people will lose all their money entrusted to you?

Yes, we have the private key.

We stay with the value in bitcoin, a little time. And each transaction has a new address to send bitcoin. And the address and private key, has four protections (diferent encryption), and every time (secret time) we chance the encryption.

The system is safe.
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 08:43:12 AM

I do not understand why people are not using our website, if there is anything we can improve, please tell us!

Hi Andre,

Congratulations on your website !
I imagine that now it is a matter of marketing so that the people who could most use it are aware if it.

Have you thought of collaborating with some of the Bitcoin 'craigslist' type websites ? Often people buying and selling want escrow - it makes each party more confident of the sale. Perhaps you could become 'Everybody's favourite escrow' when they are on a Bitcoin sales site.

The sales site would get more traffic over time so it is in their interests too.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 09:17:56 AM

We stay with the value in bitcoin, a little time. And each transaction has a new address to send bitcoin. And the address and private key, has four protections (diferent encryption), and every time (secret time) we chance the encryption.

The system is safe.

I think I would prefer a service to have zero control over my money, using multiple signatures for the escrow, I don't like needing to trust random people with my cash!

Essentially, if you are able to move my money then a hacker can also.

You might want to write up a page on your website detailing all the security steps you have taken, given all the recent bitcoin hacks and all.

What are the "4 protections"?

Also get a native to check over the English on your page,  "especifying", "Send a e-mail", ...

a well-made escrow service could be very useful, good luck with it!
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 11:30:34 AM

The system is safe.

I think I would prefer a service to have zero control over my money, using multiple signatures for the escrow, I don't like needing to trust random people with my cash!

Essentially, if you are able to move my money then a hacker can also.

You might want to write up a page on your website detailing all the security steps you have taken, given all the recent bitcoin hacks and all.

What are the "4 protections"?

Also get a native to check over the English on your page,  "especifying", "Send a e-mail", ...

a well-made escrow service could be very useful, good luck with it!

If you need to send bitcoin to another person that you do not know? That´s is the idea of the website.

We are thinking in make a competition to test the security of our website, the first hacker that pick up the bitcoin from our system, wins the competition.

And thank you for suggestions, we will talk about this..
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:11:23 PM

Since you asked I had a quick look, nice looking website, but I have found a few things to fix;-

You have a SSL Cerificate, Good.

Your whois details are blocked by privacyprotect.org, Bad.

Your virtual host configuration is broken ( http://173.192.48.175/Form/Home.aspx Server Error in '/' Application. ), Bad.

Your website is leaking information ( http://www.bitcointoyou.com/cartaobitcoin/Form/Home.aspx ), Scary a 404 page might be in order.

Your PTR record is 175.48.192.173.argos.nethorizontes.com.br, Looks like an ISP's Dynamic pool.

You include a physical address on you website and you include a phone number on you website, both good things.  I did not give you a call to check it though, I did look on Google maps to see a nondescript building.
andrehorta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 12:32:50 PM

Since you asked I had a quick look, nice looking website, but I have found a few things to fix;-

You have a SSL Cerificate, Good.

Your whois details are blocked by privacyprotect.org, Bad.

Your virtual host configuration is broken ( http://173.192.48.175/Form/Home.aspx Server Error in '/' Application. ), Bad.

Your website is leaking information ( http://www.bitcointoyou.com/cartaobitcoin/Form/Home.aspx ), Scary a 404 page might be in order.

Your PTR record is 175.48.192.173.argos.nethorizontes.com.br, Looks like an ISP's Dynamic pool.

You include a physical address on you website and you include a phone number on you website, both good things.  I did not give you a call to check it though, I did look on Google maps to see a nondescript building.

Thank you for this informations!

How can i improve my website with this suggestions?
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:58:25 PM

Thank you for this informations!

How can i improve my website with this suggestions?

Sorry, I know you said you were in beta and I may come of a bit harsh, my suggestions are;-

Unblock your whois data, you are asking people to trust you with their assets, it is hard to trust someone that is deliberately trying to hide from you.

You also need to look at your web server,  it is leaking potentially exploitable information ( have a look at D:\Documentos\vivar\THSISPAG\THSISPAG\BD\AcessaBD.cs for example ) and going to your IP shows a 404 page with a generic error.

The actual website looks good though, but with it leaking information like that, I don't dare to put any sort of personal information in to create an account.

And fix your PTR record, I know it is not essential, but things like that bug me and don't look professional at all, even for a beta site.  You are asking people to trust you with their bitcoin's over and above someone that they are dealing with after all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: