Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:18:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop by our pool give us feed back  (Read 3609 times)
ChicagoCryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:40:02 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 02:23:38 AM by ChicagoCryptocurrency

We wanted to E-vite you all to come take a look at what we have so far using the P2Pool setup.

Let us know what you think of our work so far! Thanks...

---------> http://mining.bounceme.net

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:10:55 AM

We wanted to E-vite you all to come take a look at what we have so far using the P2Pool setup.

Let us know what you think of our work so far! Thanks...

---------> http://mining.bounceme.net

I move one S3 to your pool to try it out,  seeing your so close to me (South Bend, IN here).

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:14:39 AM

We noticed you and sent you a Hello! = )

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:15:37 AM

We noticed you and sent you a Hello! = )

LOL I just seen that. TY

S3 looks like its running good there. will try a S5 and see how it looks.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:39:12 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 09:51:59 AM by aurel57

S5 will not work. It shows pool as dead. I put the pools IP in the S5 but the miner inputs the stratum+tcp:// in front of the pools address automatically . Not sure yet how to stop the miner from doing this?

Got it now...I had a space in front of the address.

changed it over to a separate wallet address from the S3

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:53:53 AM

i see the s5 now.. its rolling..

We been weeks trying to get several pools to work just yesterday i finally got to compile the CoiniumServ and test drove it for a little We came back to the p2pool seems to run smoother..

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:57:32 AM

i see the s5 now.. its rolling..

We been weeks trying to get several pools to work just yesterday i finally got to compile the CoiniumServ and test drove it for a little We came back to the p2pool seems to run smoother..

Ya when I pasted the address in I left a space in front. I will let them run a while and see how they do.

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:03:44 AM

im looking forward to seeing how this works out.. i increased the node connections to better the chances for blocks.
Crossing my fingers we wake up to a nice surprise still cant stand how long the p2pool takes to show other miners shares good thing they can check what they are doing via the blockchain.info

Here's to Many Hashes!

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:13:04 AM

Pools stat page is down?

My miners failed over to other pools

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:44:33 AM

I Guess letting more. Nodes connect to pool killed my connection unless my isp shut me down can't check till morning. Thanks for the heads up!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:58:11 PM

yup sure was my ISP = / got it sorted out waiting for the blocks to reindex and going to give this an other go!
That sucks we was on our way to see how this p2pool worked errr

But wanted to drop in and say thanks for taking the time with us aurel57 i will drop you a thank you as soon as i catch up with all the blocks.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:53:36 AM

yup sure was my ISP = / got it sorted out waiting for the blocks to reindex and going to give this an other go!
That sucks we was on our way to see how this p2pool worked errr

But wanted to drop in and say thanks for taking the time with us aurel57 i will drop you a thank you as soon as i catch up with all the blocks.

I see your back up and running. I move a S3 back over. I see I am getting a lot less DOA than I was yesterday?

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:46:06 PM

looking good so far! just sent out some thank you cause i still dont know if this thing is working.. but what ever comes in on my end i make sure i split = )

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:12:42 PM

looking good so far! just sent out some thank you cause i still dont know if this thing is working.. but what ever comes in on my end i make sure i split = )

Just seen it thanks! This my first time trying a miner on a p2pool and have to admit I am really not sure how the payout works. I will try and find the time to read up on it.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:45:56 PM

Just seen it thanks! This my first time trying a miner on a p2pool and have to admit I am really not sure how the payout works. I will try and find the time to read up on it.
There's a rather long thread about p2pool right here in these forums Smiley

I'll give you a brief summary: p2pool works on a PPLNS payout where you get paid for however many shares you currently have on the payout list when a block is found.  To find a share, you are essentially solo-mining a low difficulty coin.  The current difficulty of that share fluctuates between 8 and 12 million.  When you find a share, it is broadcast to the p2pool network in much the same way finding a block of BTC is broadcast.  If your version of the share chain is accepted, congratulations you now have a share on the chain.  The more shares you have on the chain, the higher your payout is when a block of BTC is found.  You receive newly generated coins, and as such must wait for 101 confirmations before you can spend them.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:49:20 PM

There's a rather long thread about p2pool right here in these forums Smiley

I'll give you a brief summary: p2pool works on a PPLNS payout where you get paid for however many shares you currently have on the payout list when a block is found.  To find a share, you are essentially solo-mining a low difficulty coin.  The current difficulty of that share fluctuates between 8 and 12 million.  When you find a share, it is broadcast to the p2pool network in much the same way finding a block of BTC is broadcast.  If your version of the share chain is accepted, congratulations you now have a share on the chain.  The more shares you have on the chain, the higher your payout is when a block of BTC is found.  You receive newly generated coins, and as such must wait for 101 confirmations before you can spend them.

Thank you for the Cliff Note version as I knew there was a thread that explained it in detail but passed over it pretty much as I never before mined on a p2pool.

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:00:27 PM

as we are both new to this.....
i am thankful for this input and Here i was thinking we was getting suckered and i was wasting my time thanks for the clarification !
but regardless of the miners work if i see i get some pay i will share with my friends on the pool helping cause after all we are after the same thing Good Pay and better speeds for our area in the Midwest this help will make sure we get this right....

Thanks Again!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:19:52 PM

Thanks jonnybravo0311 I hope you don't Mind i used your input on our site! http://mining.bounceme.net

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 05:03:16 PM

Glad to help.  Another question that comes up a lot is, "How long is my share valid on the payout list?" The answer is 3 times the average shares to find a block OR 8160 shares, whichever is smaller.  Since shares are supposed to be found every 30 seconds, this turns into a maximum of 3 days that your share will be valid for payout.  Obviously it fluctuates but, generally if expected time to block is a day, your share on the chain will last for 3 days.

Also in relation to shares is, "how much is my share worth?" Each share is given a weight, and when the payouts are calculated your share weights are compared to all the other shares on the chain.  This also constantly fluctuates because it is primarily based upon share difficulty.  In other words, the higher the difficulty of finding a share to add on the chain, the more that share is typically worth.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:18:00 PM

Good info! how do you compare the earnings vs other pools will our guys mining see a better return mining the p2pool?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: