Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:33:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop by our pool give us feed back  (Read 3601 times)
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 11:04:28 PM

So I got home and checked my miners, looking at "best share" and sure enough both S5's had shares larger than the share difficulty. It was strange that both shares came within mins of each other. I also wonder about the "Payout when block found:   0.00869571" ? Right now I have all miners mining with different wallet address. I guess this is what to do? Also wondering if you have 1 or 2 miners here and what equipment you are using?  And who is the miner mining 200+ GH what equipment they are running?

mine are:

wallets starting with:
 1M..  is a S3
 1H..  is a S3
 1D..  is a S5
 1K..  is a S5

Payout when block found - that's the node's address and what will be paid when a block is found.  When you start up a p2pool node it connects to the local bitcoind.  If you do not provide an address on startup, one will be created for you.  In this case, the miner with about 1TH/s wallet starting 18G6 is the node owner, and that's the node wallet address - hence why you're seeing that.

Miners with different addresses?  This is a question that has been debated for quite some time in the p2pool thread.  There are pros and cons.  For example, with your setup, you can clearly see that your 2 S5s have found shares, but neither of your S3s have yet.  The downside is that if a block was found now, you're going to get two small transactions (0.00295419BTC and 0.00300707BTC).  If your miners were all configured to the same address you'd get a single payment of 0.00596126BTC.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChicagoCryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:08:09 PM

i see so when he connected his 1th to the pool it became the address makes sense i thought he was hogging up all the shares LOL

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:16:27 PM

So is it safe to say its working as intended and we can move to next stage.
attaching DNS to server and going full on with the rest of development?
or too premature?

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:25:15 PM

I removed the Payout when block found so it wont cause further confusion!

aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:55:39 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 12:24:57 AM by aurel57

So I got home and checked my miners, looking at "best share" and sure enough both S5's had shares larger than the share difficulty. It was strange that both shares came within mins of each other. I also wonder about the "Payout when block found:   0.00869571" ? Right now I have all miners mining with different wallet address. I guess this is what to do? Also wondering if you have 1 or 2 miners here and what equipment you are using?  And who is the miner mining 200+ GH what equipment they are running?

mine are:

wallets starting with:
 1M..  is a S3
 1H..  is a S3
 1D..  is a S5
 1K..  is a S5

Payout when block found - that's the node's address and what will be paid when a block is found.  When you start up a p2pool node it connects to the local bitcoind.  If you do not provide an address on startup, one will be created for you.  In this case, the miner with about 1TH/s wallet starting 18G6 is the node owner, and that's the node wallet address - hence why you're seeing that.

Miners with different addresses?  This is a question that has been debated for quite some time in the p2pool thread.  There are pros and cons.  For example, with your setup, you can clearly see that your 2 S5s have found shares, but neither of your S3s have yet.  The downside is that if a block was found now, you're going to get two small transactions (0.00295419BTC and 0.00300707BTC).  If your miners were all configured to the same address you'd get a single payment of 0.00596126BTC.

Well I guess I can just redo the wallet to the same for all miners. If I do it now it really will not hurt anything the way I understand it then as if a block is found the payment will still be split on the shares already found but any new shares found will be combined then?

Moved my last S3 miner here and am now using the same wallet for all 3 S3 miners. I combined the S3's with one of the S5

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:08:23 AM

I think that is correct aurel.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: