Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:45:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTA V on PC  (Read 1076 times)
KonstantinosM (OP)

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:51:30 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 03:27:11 AM by KonstantinosM

I pre-ordered it on steam for 60 dollars. What sold me was the free GTA: San Andreas which I haven't yet played. (I've only played vice city).

Not having played GTA V I wonder if it is a waste of money.

I saw it requires 65 GB of space. I'll have to clean some since I only have like 34 GB extra on my SSDs. I'm not going to install this on a hard drive.

GTA SA on steam is a really bad idea. They removed a bunch of songs, textures and even resolution settings from the game (16:9 support).

I hate that this is what sold me into getting the pre-oder. Fuck this shit.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:41:35 AM

GTAV is fucking awesome. You'll be happy with it.

San Andreas kicks ass too, or at least it used to. Don't know how well it's held up. It's definitely better than GTA IV.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:42:40 AM

San Andreas kicks ass too, or at least it used to. Don't know how well it's held up. It's definitely better than GTA IV.

GTA IV was awesome too, what is the reason you do not like it? The story was deep and characters were believable. But I guess every GTA game is really good... so yeah...
Codeplaza

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:40:17 AM

Only 64Gigs for this great games ?
i though it will take more then 100Gigs
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 11:14:08 AM

I consider it my duty to pirate the fuck out of that game when it releases, Rockstar studios are deliberately screwing them over so I don't see why they should be supported, they should fuck off to consoles and let some indie developers make some open world games that are better. From what I've seen the game also isn't that much different from GTA IV except larger and the characters are less likeable, rockstar are fucking us around on purpose, it does not take that long to make a PC port at all.

I'm not impressed with the way they've treated the GTA gamers in general lately, expect them to churn out all manner of crappy DLC and also force you to sign up to several DRM sites as well as they did last time before you can play the game legitimately. Elite: Dangerous will be the main game I'll throw money at this year I suspect, yes it has online DRM but at least it was designed for the PC and not just as a blatant cash grab port.

Not that you could get a game like Elite: Dangerous to work on a games console anyway LOLOLLOLOLOLOL Cheesy
valvalis

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:33:11 AM

sadly, I can't play GTA V on my PC.  Sad
I'm not a big fan of GTA, after all.

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:34:20 AM

I can't also play it on my PC. Just have to play San Andreas at my PS2.  Undecided
wakka622

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The big fish

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:12:47 PM

I'm selling GTAV here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771311.0
Only $36 global and tier 1 version
Check my thread or send me message if you guys interest
KonstantinosM (OP)

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:25:19 PM

Yeah, I know I could have bought more games with that $60. I'm really looking forward for the American Truck Simulator. My budget for games this quarter is about $100 so I blew like 60% of my budget. I usually buy games on sales.

About SA on steam: The 16:9 resolutions seem to be working on GTA:SA at this point.

I'll never know what was lost when they removed 17 songs but the game is playable for me so it isn't as bad as ever. The thing is that when I reach the point of wanting to listen to the stations I can use YouTube or take the audio files from somewhere. This has the added bonus of music when on foot and I can alt tab when I want to stop or change it.

I really want to play mods to. I can definitely download a pirate version of the game as well as the steam one or find a community patch to play mods.

Since it was my first time playing SA I thought that the cars handled like shit. I didn't know you had to "learn" how to drive using a skill system.

Yet My driving skill bar seems empty while my skills have improved which is odd.

I've played GTA IV and I thought it was fun, I played the free version only (the p2p version). I thought it was fun but I preferred vice city.

The realism factor in vice city is way lower but the character responds immediately and the driving is more fun.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 04:43:11 PM

san andreas is an awesome game
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:35:21 PM

you guys remember when the best games were released for like 20-30$?

Sad Shocked  Cheesy

but yeah, i will buy it i guess -_-"

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
blablaace

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:48:06 PM

you guys remember when the best games were released for like 20-30$?

Sad Shocked  Cheesy

but yeah, i will buy it i guess -_-"
yeah, that was nice.

I will buy it too, but I will wait for discount.
The price will be 20-30% less in about month-two after releasing, as all new games.
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:51:02 PM

What seems to be the norm these days, like what happened with Watch Dogs, Batman:AK, Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, etc., I'm guessing they've been busy downgrading the graphics and such so that the PC version doesn't blow away the consoles.

KonstantinosM (OP)

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:29:28 AM

I've been playing GTA SA. It's awesome.

I had to do a little tweaking to get it working and it still crashes (very rarely) either upon loading or upon taking up missions.

I also play Euro Truck Simulator 2 and I listen to the radio from GTA and it gives me a really weird feeling, driving a truck in Europe listening to American Radio.

I honestly hope they give the PC version proper Graphics.

My 3 SSDs will definitely make loading (if there ever was any) really fast.

KonstantinosM (OP)

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:34:36 AM

What seems to be the norm these days, like what happened with Watch Dogs, Batman:AK, Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, etc., I'm guessing they've been busy downgrading the graphics and such so that the PC version doesn't blow away the consoles.

That would be most egregious, I think they did that to some playstation 3 ports until lots of people complained and they fixed the issues.

If the game is 64 bit then it should be able to use loads of RAM, I Hope they make good use of that.

Also there are loads more VRAM in PC builds rather than consoles.

Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:25:08 AM

One thing I've thought of in relation to in-game radio stations in general is the potential on Steam for someone to develop DLC-like radio stations not just for GTA, but for other games such as Saints Row and so forth, particularly given the support for music playback in Steam itself. That way, if you're not happy with the standard offerings, you can buy and download your own radio stations to add into games that would support them. Could even turn into a small business for some DJs to mix together some underground tracks for certain genres like breaks and minimal techno that normally wouldn't get a look-in for in-game music.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:11:13 AM

I was reading recently this article:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2011/07/29/are-these-real-photos-or-gta-iv-screenshots

That is how GTA IV looks like with mods. Check this out if you think that GTA V looks amazing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: