Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:31:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the emerging volume on Kraken  (Read 3937 times)
BTCjust

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:00:57 AM

Kraken seems like a safe bet im not surprised its growing, looking for it to be up with bitstamp in a year.   The CEO is known and trusted + very good technically.  The site is also backed by roger ver. 
it is ridiculous to trust a exchange for your reason.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCjust

Activity: 241

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:18:23 AM

I like LakeBTC, for the fast withdrawal and trading security

A bitcoin exchange is not just another technology company, but more importantly, also a financial one. There's no denying that SSL encryptions, cold storage, 2-factor authentication, and SMS confirmations are important, but risk management and internal controls are really what matters to financial institutions in the long run. When the black swan comes, people may appreciate all these experience and measures better. https://lakebtc.com/p/7064?locale=en
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 06:13:07 AM

I'd love to see Kraken embrace more alts. The only reason why I have to use BTC-E, is that they have nice volume with couple of interesting alts.
The alts are dead. Only 8 alts still have a market cap above $10M. Ripple is the last remaining altcoin with a market cap above $100M. LTC has fallen below that threshold.  So has Paycoin, after the collapse of the "funded $20 support level" from GAW miners.

With most of the alts, the creators own a big fraction of the market cap, so liquidity is much smaller than price x coins created.
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:23:00 AM

I'd love to see Kraken embrace more alts. The only reason why I have to use BTC-E, is that they have nice volume with couple of interesting alts.
The alts are dead. Only 8 alts still have a market cap above $10M. Ripple is the last remaining altcoin with a market cap above $100M. LTC has fallen below that threshold.  So has Paycoin, after the collapse of the "funded $20 support level" from GAW miners.

With most of the alts, the creators own a big fraction of the market cap, so liquidity is much smaller than price x coins created.

To me, this sounds like someone saying in 84' that the personal computer segment is dead, because we already have macintosh 128k. To me, bitcoin has been dead for more then a year already. In my perspective, it's bloated and it's fundamental properties like PoW mining and fixed coin supply is highly flawed. And most importantly, gambling with it brings little gain, while the risk stays high. While gambling during the times of volatility, then alts are my best earners. 2014 has been about +160% for me, while those who can only sit on their bitcoins have mostly suffered a loss.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:27:32 AM

To me, this sounds like someone saying in 84' that the personal computer segment is dead, because we already have macintosh 128k. To me, bitcoin has been dead for more then a year already. In my perspective, it's bloated and it's fundamental properties like PoW mining and fixed coin supply is highly flawed. And most importantly, gambling with it brings little gain, while the risk stays high. While gambling during the times of volatility, then alts are my best earners. 2014 has been about +160% for me, while those who can only sit on their bitcoins have mostly suffered a loss.

I've done a lot of BTC buying on kraken.com and it worked very well and fast.

But I wouldn't leave anything on an exchange for long. Deposit something - make your trade - withdraw your balance, all within the same day, then you'll be fine.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:36:41 AM

well after all the rubbish disaster that gox and bitstamp created, people will surely look for the third alternative, and it's not btc-e apparently

btc-e lost player cuz they dont want to involve some coin that they asked on chat so apparently people like to have more coin to trade.

BTC-E is a more than decent exchange.

I like them because they don't add shitcoins just to make a few extra bucks.

Site admin have stated to not add any altcoin because they are insta/pre-mined.

Instead, they are delisting TRC, FTC, XPM... Says enough.

you got that right most of users left cuz of that i have some amount on them cuz i like the graph for coins and it was my first exchange so will never leave them.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

GÜNther.Danish

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:45:21 AM

I think the bitcoin exchanges should not have alts, because all alts would be gone soon. they appeared only in order to cater to speculators, there is no significance for the alts continue to existence.

that's why the professional exchange such as bitstamp or lakebtc, they reject any alts
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:01:48 AM

Kraken seems like a safe bet im not surprised its growing, looking for it to be up with bitstamp in a year.   The CEO is known and trusted + very good technically.  The site is also backed by roger ver. 

RV also backed Mt Gox.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4SCAw264qM 

The three of them (MK, RV, Jesse Powell) are/were actually buddies of sorts:

http://www.wired.com/2014/03/bitcoin-exchange/
[...] After Mt. Gox was hacked for the first time in summer of 2011, a friend asked Powell to help out, and soon, the San Francisco entrepreneur found himself on a plane to Tokyo. After landing, he rushed to Shibuya station, where he was met by his friend, Roger Ver, one of the world’s biggest bitcoin supporters who just happened to live across the street from Mt. Gox. Without bothering to drop off Powell’s bags, the two rushed to the Mt. Gox offices to see what they could do. They worked through the week with Karpeles, other employees, and a handful of other bitcoin enthusiasts. [...]

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:47:55 PM

well after all the rubbish disaster that gox and bitstamp created, people will surely look for the third alternative, and it's not btc-e apparently

btc-e lost player cuz they dont want to involve some coin that they asked on chat so apparently people like to have more coin to trade.

BTC-E is a more than decent exchange.

I like them because they don't add shitcoins just to make a few extra bucks.

Site admin have stated to not add any altcoin because they are insta/pre-mined.

Instead, they are delisting TRC, FTC, XPM... Says enough.

Glad they are delisting those coins, first ive heard of it. BTC-e is a good exchange but they have added and delisted many shit coins since i've been trader there for about 2 years.  Remember china coin? lol

ChinaCoin was a real flop  Cheesy  They clearly have learned their lesson.

The only altcoin that generates decent volume for BTC-e is Litecoin.

Curious to see when they finally get rid of NovaCoin.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:53:40 PM

Kraken looks great to me, would love to open an account over there, but liquidity just isn't right yet. Reasonably sized market order easily incurs slippage of up to 5% by my estimates. That's just not an option.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:59:03 PM

Kraken seems like a safe bet im not surprised its growing, looking for it to be up with bitstamp in a year.   The CEO is known and trusted + very good technically.  The site is also backed by roger ver.  

RV also backed Mt Gox.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4SCAw264qM  

[...] After Mt. Gox was hacked for the first time in summer of 2011, a friend asked Powell to help out, and soon, the San Francisco entrepreneur found himself on a plane to Tokyo. After landing, he rushed to Shibuya station, where he was met by his friend, Roger Ver, one of the world’s biggest bitcoin supporters who just happened to live across the street from Mt. Gox. Without bothering to drop off Powell’s bags, the two rushed to the Mt. Gox offices to see what they could do. They worked through the week with Karpeles, other employees, and a handful of other bitcoin enthusiasts. [...]

Ok yeah that connection isnt great and also i should had used the words roger ver is an investor in kraken.   If its some elaborate scam with all 3 i find it hard to believe.  RV has since condemned MK.  Hard to say for sure with incomplete information.  
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:03:42 PM

I use kraken for sepa withdrawls within the EU, amazing service, cannot fault them. I do some trading on the exchange but volume can be pretty low, it's generally a case of waiting for the larger price movements to make profit, trading fees are on a tiered system and start out pretty high in my opinion.
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:09:14 PM

Kraken seems like a safe bet im not surprised its growing, looking for it to be up with bitstamp in a year.   The CEO is known and trusted + very good technically.  The site is also backed by roger ver.  

RV also backed Mt Gox.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4SCAw264qM  

Ok yeah that connection isnt great and also i should had used the words roger ver is an investor in kraken.   If its some elaborate scam with all 3 i find it hard to believe.  RV has since condemned MK.  Hard to say for sure with incomplete information.  

Don't get me wrong. I like Kraken and use them here and there.

I'm just saying just because this or that person is involved with a service it should not necessarily be a major deciding factor. Another example: RV also is invested in blockchain.info. Now that's a service I certainly won't use, but again it has nothing to do with RV's involvement.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:05:08 PM

I'm just saying just because this or that person is involved with a service it should not necessarily be a major deciding factor. Another example: RV also is invested in blockchain.info. Now that's a service I certainly won't use, but again it has nothing to do with RV's involvement.

I wont use that service either now but i would have before.  With 2 equal services if there are known people who have a lot to lose by being known involved in one vs an anonymous one i'd favor the first.

That being said BTC-e is first class from my experience.
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:36:53 PM

I wont use that service either now but i would have before.  With 2 equal services if there are known people who have a lot to lose by being known involved in one vs an anonymous one i'd favor the first.

That being said BTC-e is first class from my experience.

See?  Smiley

HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:43:27 PM

I don't think BitStamp is dead just yet, actually I think they'll do just fine. BUT: Many people are going to want to play it safe, which is wise, and do their trades on Kraken. It's the go-to choice for people located in Europe, apart from Stamp and maybe Finex.

ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:52:46 PM

People looking for an alternative to Bitstamp are most likely moving over to Kraken. Where should people in the EU go to otherwise, it's the most obvious exchange for them to go to! As soon as Bitstamp proves they still do have all the coins and FIAT-funds people may come back eventually.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:05:51 PM

I don't think BitStamp is dead just yet, actually I think they'll do just fine. BUT: Many people are going to want to play it safe, which is wise, and do their trades on Kraken. It's the go-to choice for people located in Europe, apart from Stamp and maybe Finex.

If a exchange gets hacked ONCE the stab of distrust stays forever, and people start migrating towards other exchange (that will eventually get hacked too). And so the bitcycle continues.
Lets just hope the winklebros fix this.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:08:57 PM

If a exchange gets hacked ONCE the stab of distrust stays forever, and people start migrating towards other exchange (that will eventually get hacked too). And so the bitcycle continues.
Lets just hope the winklebros fix this.

Gox showed us that this isn't the case at all. There have been many instances of problems with Gox over the years, yet people stored hundreds and thousands of BTC on it. If Stamp proves they do hold the BTC and FIAT, they're safe. I think they may be more careful than others since they took a hit.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:56:01 AM

for now safe is the best choice.
most do this hopping to see some bigger change then it will be rush hour

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄