Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:30:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the emerging volume on Kraken  (Read 3938 times)
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:20:11 PM

I don't think BitStamp is dead just yet, actually I think they'll do just fine. BUT: Many people are going to want to play it safe, which is wise, and do their trades on Kraken. It's the go-to choice for people located in Europe, apart from Stamp and maybe Finex.

If a exchange gets hacked ONCE the stab of distrust stays forever, and people start migrating towards other exchange (that will eventually get hacked too). And so the bitcycle continues.
Lets just hope the winklebros fix this.

Gox showed us that this isn't the case at all. There have been many instances of problems with Gox over the years, yet people stored hundreds and thousands of BTC on it. If Stamp proves they do hold the BTC and FIAT, they're safe. I think they may be more careful than others since they took a hit.

Well people was naive before the Gox debacle. Things have evolved now, thats why Winklevoss are getting serious with it.
Coming-from-Behind

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:45:12 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2016, 06:43:41 PM by Coming-from-Behind

I don't think BitStamp is dead just yet, actually I think they'll do just fine. BUT: Many people are going to want to play it safe, which is wise, and do their trades on Kraken. It's the go-to choice for people located in Europe, apart from Stamp and maybe Finex.

If a exchange gets hacked ONCE the stab of distrust stays forever, and people start migrating towards other exchange (that will eventually get hacked too). And so the bitcycle continues.

Gox showed us that this isn't the case at all. There have been many instances of problems with Gox over the years, yet people stored hundreds and thousands of BTC on it. If Stamp proves they do hold the BTC and FIAT, they're safe. I think they may be more careful than others since they took a hit.

Well people was naive before the Gox debacle. Things have evolved now, thats why Winklevoss are getting serious with it.

Was there much choice of exchanges with big volume when Gox dominated the market? I thought people used it because there were no other options for selling big quantities of bitcoins. They knew there were big problems there but had no real alternative.
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:52:51 AM

Was there much choice of exchanges with bg volume when Gox dominated the market? I thought people used it because there were no other options for selling big quantities of bitcoins. They knew there were big problems there but had no real alternative.

First there was not much choice and in the last months of MtGox traders were drawn to this exchange like flies are drawn to the light by the arbitrage possibilities.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:43:31 AM

no mater what something big is coming or it will emerge from somewhere but that dont mean that we all have to do this or that like they want it

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:11:35 AM

At the moment we seem to have some emerging volume from coinbase hopefully it can continue to grow.  kraken volume is consistent.
bounst

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:26:32 AM

I think the bitcoin exchanges should not have alts, because all alts would be gone soon. they appeared only in order to cater to speculators, there is no significance for the alts continue to existence.

that's why the professional exchange such as bitstamp or lakebtc, they reject any alts
Now bitstamp' and lakebtc' price stopped on bitcoincharts, what happened with their api? (both they are re-added to the coindesk BPI since they suspended by something wrong.)
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:40:56 AM

At the moment we seem to have some emerging volume from coinbase hopefully it can continue to grow.  kraken volume is consistent.

this can be good thing or not

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:01:37 PM

I think the bitcoin exchanges should not have alts, because all alts would be gone soon. they appeared only in order to cater to speculators, there is no significance for the alts continue to existence.

that's why the professional exchange such as bitstamp or lakebtc, they reject any alts
Now bitstamp' and lakebtc' price stopped on bitcoincharts, what happened with their api? (both they are re-added to the coindesk BPI since they suspended by something wrong.)

Lakebtc say they were having a DOS attack yesterday and the site was not accessible. That was probably why its price stopped on bitcoincharts.
Mieehayii (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:35:50 AM

Coinbase is exaggerated, it has no real legal which reported by news medium. and many others are so on.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████