Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:15:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The USD Bull Market  (Read 1425 times)
tabnloz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:11:12 AM

The USD has been on a bull run after the ending of QE. Money has flowed out of emerging markets and into the US, having a deflationary effect. With all the Grexit dramas happening in Europe, it is highly likely that the flow will continue (whether Greece leaves or not) as $ will flow to 'safety'.

I've always thought the USD bull has contributed to outflow from bitcoin (at least in a small part) and I worry it will continue.

But now, with looming legitimization (regulation), US exchanges and the possibility that sovereign defaults are at least on the medium term radar, what are the odds that btc will be seen as a 'safe', alternate asset class and benefit from the resulting inflow?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinz19

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:38:46 AM

What are the odds? I give Bitcoin 3 to 1 odds.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:01:57 PM

But now, with looming legitimization (regulation), US exchanges and the possibility that sovereign defaults are at least on the medium term radar, what are the odds that btc will be seen as a 'safe', alternate asset class and benefit from the resulting inflow?

I try not to connect the strengthening of the dollar that has caused the outflow of fund from btc. Instead I look at the positive side that is the supporting fundamentals that exists in bitcoin ecosystem itself, the concept, the technology that will continue to create demand and support the price. Yeah, you can dump and sell but as long as the fundamentals are there, it is just too attractive and who would pass up the chance to grab bitcoin at such cheap price.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:00:32 PM

The USD has been on a bull run after the ending of QE. Money has flowed out of emerging markets and into the US, having a deflationary effect. With all the Grexit dramas happening in Europe, it is highly likely that the flow will continue (whether Greece leaves or not) as $ will flow to 'safety'.

I've always thought the USD bull has contributed to outflow from bitcoin (at least in a small part) and I worry it will continue.

USD is increasing toward Euro for long time. Cheap shopping's in USA are history. Now it will be opposite. All USA citizens are welcomed to spend their summer vacations in Europe. Bring your USD and go back home with full bags of cheap stuff.
tabnloz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:36:13 AM

USD is increasing toward Euro for long time. Cheap shopping's in USA are history. Now it will be opposite. All USA citizens are welcomed to spend their summer vacations in Europe. Bring your USD and go back home with full bags of cheap stuff.

Money is flowing back into the USD away from emerging markets and now the EU area. It's possible other nations follow the Swiss lead because they can't continue to expand their balance sheets (like US/EU can) without risking their economy cracking like an eggshell. It hurt the Swiss short term (ie their currency rose instantly) but to keep the status quo was riskier; imagine them having to keep devaluing the CHF as the ECB prints trillions. Now think if any other places might follow that strategy.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:14:42 AM

We're moving towards EUR/USD parity.  I've been shorting euro lately and will likely continue all the way to 1:1.   
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:55:30 PM

FIATS ever going UP: Delusional bubble, a dead corpse bouncing. Do not want. Just put all your cash in Bitcoin before its worthless.
Griegura

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:44:00 AM

USD now that's the real bubble! EUR is doomed lots of inestability coming.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:21:09 AM

The rise of the USD is hurting bitcoin. Bitcoin needs some good news similar to the coinbase exchange being the first approved regulated (which was false but may happen still). China has long been out of the game except to make money with their asic miners.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:06:46 PM

The rise of the USD is hurting bitcoin. Bitcoin needs some good news similar to the coinbase exchange being the first approved regulated (which was false but may happen still). China has long been out of the game except to make money with their asic miners.
It's doesnt matter how much USD seems to recover. It's all an ilusion. It's all magic tricks. In reality it crashing hard. But yes we need more good news.
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:35:57 AM

rise of USD affects oil,gold and other commodity and currency but i think it don't have much impact on bitcoin and crypto market
they are completely different then a commodity market
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:54:13 AM

rise of USD affects oil,gold and other commodity and currency but i think it don't have much impact on bitcoin and crypto market
they are completely different then a commodity market

A lot of people continue to treat Bitcoin as an asset/commodity. So there is a possibility that some of this 'easy money' will flow into Bitcoin.
tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:00:34 AM

so what do you think guys better buy bitcoin or usd?

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:16:45 AM

I'm all for a strong USD but it also makes me think of what other places in the world are doing better or worse.  I always think of those in poverty and the fact that so much terrorism is spawned from such places.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀