Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to put on a tech-blog?  (Read 938 times)
Phenophthalyn (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:13:01 PM

I've made a tech blog for our highschool project:
http://www.innolite.pw

I've been wanting to incorporate bitcoin with it, but I don't know what to place in the blog..
So I've placed a simple Bitcoin article and also a Storj one,

anything else that would pique the interest of others?

A lot of people were actually quite interested in the Bitcoin article,
so I'd like to know what else would be great to place on the blog.

On a side note - I'd also love to write about your service,
for 0.01 BTC

Tips appreciated:
1MVnffzjECEJDwQQWap2EWkXYjPmAtWJEy
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:23:39 PM

It looks like a good start! Make sure you write up the most recent news and make it something worth reading, making people want to come back for more.

Phenophthalyn (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:52:31 PM

It looks like a good start! Make sure you write up the most recent news and make it something worth reading, making people want to come back for more.

Thanks Dev! Will do!
Means a lot coming from a reputable member Smiley
DavidShares

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:30:32 PM

A lot of people were actually quite interested in the Bitcoin article,
so I'd like to know what else would be great to place on the blog.

Maybe start out by writing the basics of Bitcoin, why it's important and how people can use it, why it's beneficial. This will help get your readers introduced to Bitcoin, and you can also gauge their interest. You can ask them to post comments, for feedback on what they want to know more about.
kwaasteniet

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:43:22 PM

The stories about bitcoin suffers all of the tech stuff. Like your story begins with "Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer digital currency..... " Most of the people stops reading after that. I would like a simple story with comparing the function of "normal" money and bitcoin. In simple words understandable by the majority of the readers.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:23:33 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 07:34:40 AM by gogxmagog

I would start by aggregating BTC news from other sources (here at bitcointalk, in the "Press" sub of the "discussion" section, reddit, coindesk...follow every btc news account on twitter) also Motherboard, which is the tech section of vice magazine is pretty good and n00b friendly.
Original content is always the best, but so much is going on in btc and so much is changing so fast, you might want to immerse yourself in the world of BTC news first. Then you need to find your "angle" same as any type of blog. I'm sure there is a list of top paying btc related keywords out there too. They help with traffic and can be a good seed to begin an article with.

you might reach out to members here, calling for potential interview candidates. vet them carefully, but there are many knowledgeable and helpful devs and btc evangelists here, who knows, maybe Andreas might even give you a little of his time, he gives good interview.

I get my news primarily from here, reddit, and the zeroblock app on my iphone which has all the news that's fit to print.

Good luck with your online publishing! you never know who is going to see it and where it might lead. There certainly are plenty of openings for digital content creators!

Edit- you could also look for btc meet ups and btc accepting businesses in your area. Face to face IRL interviews are really good ways to put a human face on the btc concept

Phenophthalyn (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:18:36 PM

The stories about bitcoin suffers all of the tech stuff. Like your story begins with "Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer digital currency..... " Most of the people stops reading after that. I would like a simple story with comparing the function of "normal" money and bitcoin. In simple words understandable by the majority of the readers.

I see what you're on to, but it InnoLITE was a high school project -- so it had to be done. Thought it actually was one of the most viewed. (even teachers of other schools were interested)

I would start by aggregating BTC news from other sources (here at bitcointalk, in the "Press" sub of the "discussion" section, reddit, coindesk...follow every btc news account on twitter) also Motherboard, which is the tech section of vice magazine is pretty good and n00b friendly.
Original content is always the best, but so much is going on in btc and so much is changing so fast, you might want to immerse yourself in the world of BTC news first. Then you need to find your "angle" same as any type of blog. I'm sure there is a list of top paying btc related keywords out there too. They help with traffic and can be a good seed to begin an article with.

you might reach out to members here, calling for potential interview candidates. vet them carefully, but there are many knowledgeable and helpful devs and btc evangelists here, who knows, maybe Andreas might even give you a little of his time, he gives good interview.

I get my news primarily from here, reddit, and the zeroblock app on my iphone which has all the news that's fit to print.

Good luck with your online publishing! you never know who is going to see it and where it might lead. There certainly are plenty of openings for digital content creators!

Edit- you could also look for btc meet ups and btc accepting businesses in your area. Face to face IRL interviews are really good ways to put a human face on the btc concept

Thanks for the tip gog!
I'll start up with CoinDesk and I'll visit the subreddit more frequently Smiley
sifter

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

CoinBooster Rep

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:22:58 PM

Talk about the recent fluctuations in price.

Talk about the forum and make mention of silk Road.

CoinBooster.io - Earn up to 67mil satoshi per day. Claim every 5 minutes. NO POP UPS! HIGH ROI
Bitcointalk Official Thread
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: