Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent 20 BTC by mistake. Please help.  (Read 5438 times)
MamaGoose

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:48:04 PM

Never operate with Bitcoins while drunk, lesson learned and one less Bitcoin user for life because now he's going to hate it for life.

ahahaha

nice!!!

we think the same thing,
at the same time!!!

really LOL

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roberto.4 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:49:29 PM

I am a bit confused with so many replies. Forum is not allowing me to post fast !!! What I understand is I need to contact the merchant. I bought it from Cloud Mining Website. How do I contact them ? I tried to send 0.02 BTC, whereas 20 BTC has gone from me. I can not afford this loss. Need to get it back at any cost. In PayPal, CreditCard there is an option to revert a transaction. Why dont we have it in Bitcoin ?
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:54:04 PM

I am a bit confused with so many replies. Forum is not allowing me to post fast !!! What I understand is I need to contact the merchant. I bought it from Cloud Mining Website. How do I contact them ? I tried to send 0.02 BTC, whereas 20 BTC has gone from me. I can not afford this loss. Need to get it back at any cost. In PayPal, CreditCard there is an option to revert a transaction. Why dont we have it in Bitcoin ?

How did you have 20 bitcoins to lose if you didn't know bitcoin transactions weren't refundable?

Lesson learned, don't keep that much in a hot wallet, store it in a cold storage wallet you need to be sober to use.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:55:46 PM

In PayPal, CreditCard there is an option to revert a transaction. Why dont we have it in Bitcoin ?

Because Bitcoin isn't like those services, it's digital cash.

what was the exact website you sent it to? post it here and we will help you find the contact details.

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:04:48 PM

Yes, you will need to contact the merchant and ask for a refund. That is the only way. Hopefully, they are a legit company.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:06:18 PM

hem hem...

you hit 0 three times too much!!!

jocking here...

if you want to explain...

i'm really curious to understand how could this happen!!!

thanks

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:08:33 PM

you could try to contact the merchant and talk with him...
you can explain him how it went...
and you can try to offer him a little small reward if he will return to you 20 bitcoin.

if he is honest will accept without thinking about it 2 times!!!

but i'm not so sure!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 06:11:14 PM

I am a bit confused with so many replies. Forum is not allowing me to post fast !!! What I understand is I need to contact the merchant. I bought it from Cloud Mining Website. How do I contact them ?

Maybe if you can tell us which of the many cloud mining websites (of which the majority are ponzi scams) you visited and we could give you a hint.

I tried to send 0.02 BTC, whereas 20 BTC has gone from me. I can not afford this loss.

You are now at the mercy of the person that received it.

Need to get it back at any cost. In PayPal, CreditCard there is an option to revert a transaction. Why dont we have it in Bitcoin ?

Because thats how cash works. Bitcoin would not be bitcoin if it would just copy an existing certralized service. Please do not take this the wrong way, but: you should have read more about it before you aquired 20 BTC you can not afford to lose.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Roberto.4 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:15:41 PM

As I said, the company is Cloud Mining Website. Their website is www.cloudmining.website. They do not have a place to type the amount. Then I would not have been trapped like this. They have 2 drop down. One from 1-9 another from 10 Ghs to 10 Ths. As far as I can remember, I selected 2 correctly, but instead of 10 Ghs, I selected 10 Ths before clicking on order button. Hence the current problem.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:18:16 PM

Try pm them here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=379594

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 06:20:02 PM

As I said, the company is Cloud Mining Website. Their website is www.cloudmining.website.

Oh my. They dont even have a contact form. Well, but they have:

a forum: http://forum.cloudmining.website/
a twitter: https://twitter.com/cloud_mining_
a user account here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=379594

They do not have a place to type the amount. Then I would not have been trapped like this. They have 2 drop down. One from 1-9 another from 10 Ghs to 10 Ths. As far as I can remember, I selected 2 correctly, but instead of 10 Ghs, I selected 10 Ths before clicking on order button. Hence the current problem.

From 1/ponzi I rate them ponzi, good luck anyway. I might be wrong.

Blazr

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:20:26 PM

As I said, the company is Cloud Mining Website. Their website is www.cloudmining.website. They do not have a place to type the amount. Then I would not have been trapped like this. They have 2 drop down. One from 1-9 another from 10 Ghs to 10 Ths. As far as I can remember, I selected 2 correctly, but instead of 10 Ghs, I selected 10 Ths before clicking on order button. Hence the current problem.

Overview for cloudmining.website:
Registered On    October 14, 2014

Registrant Contact Information:
    Name: WhoisGuard Protected
    Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.
    City: Panama
    State: Panama
    Zip: 00000

It's a new website and their WHOIS is protected... not good...

Here is their account here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=379594

Try PMing them, though if you ask me the website looks like it might be a scam...

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 06:21:02 PM

People need to realise that Bitcoin is not a centralised system and there is no 'company' you can complain to if something goes wrong, the only thing you can do is ask this cloud mining website if they'll reverse the transaction. As others have said though, I find it pretty suspicious that you were playing around with 20btc and made that kind of mistake and you would so willingly dump that much money into something where you have to have some responsibility for your actions when using it and is worth far more than paper money?

I hope you aren't one of those people that was fooled into thinking that Bitcoin is a company and it's magic internet money and is completely worthless which is what news journalists and morons alike have been parroting for years. You can certainly get help with stuff here and lots and lots of information, but Bitcoin is decentralised you won't get your money back unless the person who got it happens to be nice.
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 06:22:17 PM

Alright , know that we know that it's someone from the bitcointalk forums , you may have a chance .. you may... Because he is free to refund or not and probably their policity says NO REFUNDS .
Here is their announcement Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=843417.0
You can either try to to contact the OP on the thread or simply post their and wait him to reply or just link him here so he know what happened .

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:26:13 PM

Sorry OP, but if we had a way to get your coins back then we would have a way to steal your coins. It will be up to the cloud mining company to do the right thing. Unfortunately I see some red flags, including the fact that they are a cloud mining company.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Blazr

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:27:49 PM

Clicking this order button creates, signs, and sends a bitcoin transaction away without any further interaction from you? I would start looking for a more secure Bitcoin client if that is the case.

If thats actually the case (I doubt it) the wallet software is not compliant with bip21:

Bitcoin clients MUST NOT act on URIs without getting the user's authorization. They SHOULD require the user to manually approve each payment individually, though in some cases they MAY allow the user to automatically make this decision.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:34:27 PM

There should be a BIG alert before every transaction to double check the amount you are selling, along with beign forced to put a small 4 digit number password (like a pin) for every transaction, so you double check you arent fucking it up.
Roberto.4 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:38:16 PM

I am not sure what you are discussing here. I am not a technically sound person. So I do not understand all of it. Some people told me Bitcoin is a Ponzi. But, my friends said no. Hence they suggested me to buy bitcoin as much as I can, because they are saying the price will rise. Price has gone up, but unfortunately the coins are out of my hand now !!! I was given a linked address after placing the order. I thought everything is fine. So whatever came next I clicked yes. In morning today, I found the blunder I did. That was all my money. Thank you everyone for providing information about Cloud Mining Website. I will be posting in their announcement thread soon with my account details and refund address. It would be good if the forum allowed me to post faster.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 07:29:30 PM

-snip-
It would be good if the forum allowed me to post faster.

Trust me this forum would be dead if it would. You will be able to post faster when your account is older.

BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:30:51 PM

I am not sure what you are discussing here. I am not a technically sound person. So I do not understand all of it. Some people told me Bitcoin is a Ponzi. But, my friends said no. H
Bitcoin is not a ponzi.

Cloud Mining website is a ponzi. Sorry for your loss. The money will stay here until the scammer decides to shut it down: https://blockchain.info/address/1PvqyC2ibCZNKHRH3ZFkLfJfikCjk4jtsP

What if you bought 20 TH? You now have to 20 TH. What is the problem?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: