Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent 20 BTC by mistake. Please help.  (Read 5438 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:59:31 PM

bitcoin transactions are not reversible. Good bye to your precious coins

It is not reversible ( that's true) but he can work out  with the support ant request a sort of  "refund".
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:02:08 PM

It is not reversible ( that's true) but he can work out  with the support ant request a sort of  "refund".

He has, management are now trying to work out how many hookers they can get for 20BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=843417.msg10287779#msg10287779

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
sifter

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

CoinBooster Rep

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:46:58 PM

He has, management are now trying to work out how many hookers they can get for 20BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=843417.msg10287779#msg10287779
  lol sorry to say I think Cloudmining.website is a ponzi.

Goodbye to your 20 coins.

CoinBooster.io - Earn up to 67mil satoshi per day. Claim every 5 minutes. NO POP UPS! HIGH ROI
Bitcointalk Official Thread
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:11:49 PM

You snookered yourself, mate. Unfortunately there is no way to reverse this.

HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:50:26 PM

Well even if it turns out to be a real ponzi, most ponzi cloud mining services actually pay back at least a decent sum of the initial investment, in order to appear legitimate and attract new customers. So he may get back 18 BTC or something in this case Smiley

sakira

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:04:45 PM

Last night I have sent out 20 BTC by mistake. How do I revert/cancel the transaction ?

https://blockchain.info/tx/67276898e3757b0c214af1e535dfcbbd3550636892408f7301831650cc06a605

wow very lucky having such address, why is that?
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:40:08 PM

Last night I have sent out 20 BTC by mistake. How do I revert/cancel the transaction ?

https://blockchain.info/tx/67276898e3757b0c214af1e535dfcbbd3550636892408f7301831650cc06a605

wow very lucky having such address, why is that?

Read the whole thread. OP tried to buy some giga hash and bought tera hash instead because he was drunk. He did not send it to wrong address. He purchased higher quantity.

tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:48:59 PM

These coins originate from the Bitstamp hack.

tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:55:50 PM

how can you send 20 btc by mistake, lol? and you can't revert , this is the beauty of btc for me, i know many don't like it...

those that don't like it should just stick to paypal and their credit cards.  there is no use complaining about a feature of non reversing transactions. that is one of the main reasons for using bitcoin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:58:53 PM

OP, we all would like to know where you got these coins from. We can see where they came from, can you tell us who?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Roberto.4 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:06:37 PM

OP, we all would like to know where you got these coins from. We can see where they came from, can you tell us who?

As I said, my friends told me the price will rise and hence I bought the coins. One of my roomie knew a local guy who sell bitcoin at lower than market rate. We went to his place, handed over the cash and within one hour the coins came to my address.

Now, the problem is price went up and now it is falling down. All my friends want me to sell the coins as we had a condition on 20 BTC. If we make profit on 20 BTC, we will share that and if we lose, we will share that as well. They could not pay at that time as they did not have the money. Now, the coins are out of my hand and they think I have sold the coins without telling them. As I can see, you are a member of Bitcoin Foundation. Can you please help me to expedite the process of getting the coins back ?
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:16:49 PM

As I said, my friends told me the price will rise and hence I bought the coins. One of my roomie knew a local guy who sell bitcoin at lower than market rate. We went to his place, handed over the cash and within one hour the coins came to my address.

Now, the problem is price went up and now it is falling down. All my friends want me to sell the coins as we had a condition on 20 BTC. If we make profit on 20 BTC, we will share that and if we lose, we will share that as well. They could not pay at that time as they did not have the money. Now, the coins are out of my hand and they think I have sold the coins without telling them. As I can see, you are a member of Bitcoin Foundation. Can you please help me to expedite the process of getting the coins back ?

I'm afraid they will be of no use. The role of the Bitcoin Foundation is often misunderstood. That org tries to lobby against over regulation and influence public policy. But it has no more authority over bitcoin than you do. There is nothing anyone can do to reverse a transaction. Transactions are strictly one way. Your only option is to try to find out who owns the address they were sent to and ask them to send the BTC back.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:23:53 PM

Now, the problem is price went up and now it is falling down. All my friends want me to sell the coins as we had a condition on 20 BTC. If we make profit on 20 BTC, we will share that and if we lose, we will share that as well. They could not pay at that time as they did not have the money. Now, the coins are out of my hand and they think I have sold the coins without telling them.

This could make a great movie if people could track the hackers down off of your information. Lol.

As far as your problem, no one but the person or business in this case can give you back your coins. You've already done what you could by contacting their support on their forum. Just hope they give it back and aren't scammers.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:24:25 PM

How about you give us a name or something. Either that guy is the thief or he got the coins from somewhere else.
Someone has to proceed with the investigation.
It would be a miracle to get the coins back/catch the thief.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:25:08 PM

Your only option is to try to find out who owns the address they were sent to and ask them to send the BTC back.

He knows that, it's cloudmining.website, a some would say dubious cloud mining operation.
They don't disagree that they have the coin and say that management will make a decision in the next 24 hours.

http://forum.cloudmining.website/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42&p=187#p187

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:42:14 PM

Your only option is to try to find out who owns the address they were sent to and ask them to send the BTC back.

He knows that, it's cloudmining.website, a some would say dubious cloud mining operation.
They don't disagree that they have the coin and say that management will make a decision in the next 24 hours.

I thought so also. But then he asked me this question.

...As I can see, you are a member of Bitcoin Foundation. Can you please help me to expedite the process of getting the coins back ?

BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:42:48 PM

So you got your BTC back ?

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1567

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:45:09 PM

This could make a great movie if people could track the hackers down off of your information. Lol.

... or could turn into pretty ugly situation if his friends lose their patience ("Hammertime 2"?):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=925734.0

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Roberto.4 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:19:18 PM

I thought so also. But then he asked me this question.

...As I can see, you are a member of Bitcoin Foundation. Can you please help me to expedite the process of getting the coins back ?

I meant to say, if you can create pressure on cloudmining.website to return my coins fast. You may cancel their business license or suspend them from Bitcoin Foundation.
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 09:20:18 PM

Update: Thanks to the forum members, I found a way to contact the address owner. Now, I have asked for a refund - http://forum.cloudmining.website/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42. Surprisingly, it took one minute for me to send the coins to them and even after 24 hour is over, they are asking 24 hours more to take the decission to return my coins !!!

I just saw that you edited your thread, glad that they answered you . Let us know and keep us updated with how things does. You still may have chance to get your bitcoins refunded ...
Still ..; some people are saying that your Bitcoins have been obtained from Bitsmap hack ... If it's true then you may not get refunded at all.
So I will ask you straight , did you got your 20BTC from Bitsmap hack ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: