Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:39:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stamp volume down  (Read 2421 times)
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:54:35 AM

stamp is annoying with all verification things and they neglect the security of the site.

Why would anyone want to use it?

When gox died it was the next best thing for anyone in the UK in my experience. Fast to deposit and withdraw both BTC/Fiat.

I don't know what the KYC issue is. Yeah I felt a bit sketchy emailing scans of passport and stuff to them, but once I did nothing ever got questioned since. Maybe its cos I was only transferring 40p at a time... Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:10:53 AM

What is the name of that new exchange by coinbase?

Its called coinbase i think lol.  Are you talking about the winklevoss twins new one? gemini is the name of that.

Alright,lol, thanks.  I thought for a moment that I was missing some subtext here with respect to that coinbase exchange but I'm not.  Smiley
BTCjust

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:47:09 AM

never.

Litecoin can't appear on bitstamp, and lakebtc
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:51:27 AM

change is coming in the west.  soon everyone not hiding their stash (legally) will trade on us exchanges.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:33:07 AM

change is coming in the west.  soon everyone not hiding their stash (legally) will trade on us exchanges.

coinbase still closed to not US people.

and kraken is not the biggest exchange around.

Also most people don't trust US gov, with good reasons

BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:34:59 AM

change is coming in the west.  soon everyone not hiding their stash (legally) will trade on us exchanges.

Also most people don't trust US gov, with good reasons

I dont know how well any government would perform dealing with some kind of bitcoin exchange catastrophe.  Japan is supposed to be a good government yet look how they've dealt with the mtgox case.  We've had 200k bitcoins of customer funds sat doing nothing while the price has dropped all last year costing people even more.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:29:29 PM

stamp is annoying with all verification things and they neglect the security of the site.

When there is little to no verification people aren't happy.

When there is a high level of verification it is still not right according to the same people.

I am a happy Bitstamp customer for some years now regardless of how annoying their verification system is.
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 02:50:22 PM

My account was activated in just 1-2 days because I've sent all the things right and asking for support, too.
Anyway, they're now too rigurous with the quality of all scanned documents IMO.  Undecided

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:26:52 PM

I don't think this has anything to do with Stamp going belly-up, but rather with people still being uncomfortable with keeping money there for the time being. As soon as they've successfully completed a legit audit and some time has passed their volume will go up again!

tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:43:53 PM

I don't think this has anything to do with Stamp going belly-up, but rather with people still being uncomfortable with keeping money there for the time being. As soon as they've successfully completed a legit audit and some time has passed their volume will go up again!

stamp is not going belly up!  they came forward and said they lost less than 10% of their coins.  they can earn that balance back within a few months on trading fees.  the worst case scenario for them would be a "bank run" and due to low confidence no volume in which case they would become insolvent with no way to recover.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:06:59 PM

stamp is not going belly up!  they came forward and said they lost less than 10% of their coins.  they can earn that balance back within a few months on trading fees.  the worst case scenario for them would be a "bank run" and due to low confidence no volume in which case they would become insolvent with no way to recover.

Yeah I was trying to say that they're not going belly-up! That didn't come through, I guess... It wasn't a small loss, but I also think they're legit and do have enough spare BTC or FIAT left to back all their customers' balances.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: