Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:45:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ROI Calculations Reasonable  (Read 565 times)
tglauner (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:59:12 PM

I am not affiliated with any miner and would like to get feedback on my ROI numbers.

I purchased hashrate from www.genesis-mining.com and it seems that the returns are extremly good. I understand that there is significant risk of loss of principal if genesis-mining goes bankrupt but the returns seem still very good.

Could you please comment if these numbers look accurate or if I am missing something fundamental. Also, could you please comment on the expected returns long term assuming nothing really bad happens (no price crash or bankruptcy.

Initial Investment: $1,000
Returns on a daily basis: $4.22
Time period returns observed: 34 days
Bitcoin price: $266

So, if this is correct I can expect to get my money back in 236 days and then have very significant cashflow after that based on the investment. ROI over one year would be 54% and over 2 years almost 200%.

Are these numbers reasonable?
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:02:16 PM

They don't seem very reasonable profit-wise for me... You've got to weigh in difficulty and price fluctuations, and that only make your calculations worse... Also, your estimated time to ROI is really big (but that's not really something you can make much better nowadays Cheesy)

Cloud mining sites are usually very "odd" and difficult to be able to profit with... But I wish you luck nevertheless Smiley
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:07:24 PM

I am not affiliated with any miner and would like to get feedback on my ROI numbers.

I purchased hashrate from www.genesis-mining.com and it seems that the returns are extremly good. I understand that there is significant risk of loss of principal if genesis-mining goes bankrupt but the returns seem still very good.

Could you please comment if these numbers look accurate or if I am missing something fundamental. Also, could you please comment on the expected returns long term assuming nothing really bad happens (no price crash or bankruptcy.

Initial Investment: $1,000
Returns on a daily basis: $4.22
Time period returns observed: 34 days
Bitcoin price: $266

So, if this is correct I can expect to get my money back in 236 days and then have very significant cashflow after that based on the investment. ROI over one year would be 54% and over 2 years almost 200%.

Are these numbers reasonable?

Difficulty most likely will at sometime resume back up and I believe this will change your return numbers.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:22:00 AM

First, don't use dollars when you are talking about mining coins. Mining coins and buying coins are the same thing. For $1,000 you can get around 3.78 bitcoins, today. How long will it take you to generate 3.78 bitcoins from genesis mining?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: