Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Responses to Black Arrow LTD  (Read 1129 times)
BCTEnthusiast (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:04:54 AM

Below are a series of email responses to Black Arrow LTD.  If you are a member of law enforcement and you have an interest in the below, please feel free to PM me.  Please include a reasonable method to validate your credentials and your interest.

=================================

December 15, 2014

To Alexey:

Below is a series of emails I have sent to Black Arrow LTD over the past number of months.  I will be posting them to a public website on December 18th and soliciting the assistance of law enforcement.  If there is a material fact Black Arrow LTD wishes me to consider regarding the emails below, provide such facts via email prior to December 18th.

-Mark

================================

November 10, 2014

Black Arrow LTD
Room 1701, 17/F, Henan Building, No. 90-92 Jaffe Road
Wanchai, N/A

To Black Arrow LTD:

In October and December of 2013, I placed orders for two (2)  Prospero X-3 (2000Ghash/second) machines.  These are order numbers #---- & #----.  You delivered four (4) Prospero X-3 (1000Ghash/second) machines last week.  All four of the units are defective and non-working.

The 4 units were delivered in the following condition:

Unit 1 was clearly used based on the dust buildup on the air intake and moving parts.  The power unit was in some kind of incident as it is charred.  One of the power prongs is melted.

Unit 2 was clearly used based on the dust buildup on the air intake and moving parts.  The unit powers on but immediately cycles down with a reoccurring banging noise.

Unit 3 appears newer and powers up but a significant number of ASICs are not functioning.

Unit 4 appears newer and powers up but a significant number of ASICs are not functioning.

Please provide an RMA (return merchandise authorization) and shipping labels for a refund of order numbers #---- & #----.

Mark

======================================

November 18, 2014

To Alexey:

I am in receipt of your email dated November 15, 2014.  In it you cite a hardware issue (https://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x3-issues-update.html) as the reason and acknowledgment to sending used and non-functioning hardware.  Having a known hardware issue is unrelated to Black Arrow LTD sending used and pre-broken hardware.

Please provide a return RMA and shipping label for a refund on or before Wed, Nov 26 2014.

-Mark

======================================

November 26, 2014

Alexey:

I am in receipt of your response email dated Thursday, November 20, 2014 where in lieu of a refund, BlackArrow Ltd offers, for a potential fee, to test this pre-used and non-functional hardware, requests that I pay for the hefty shipping, and requires, as a condition to proceeding, that I agree to certain terms and conditions limiting BlackArrow Ltd’s financial liability.

BlackArrow Ltd solicited and received a total of $12,126.30 USD from me for orders #---- & #---- placed October and December of 2013.  In doing so, BlackArrow Ltd created a commercial obligation that cannot be set aside by delivering used and defective hardware or by imposing arbitrary terms and conditions.  Furthermore, it is inappropriate for your firm to require I spend additional money as incentive for BlackArrow Ltd. to satisfy that commercial obligation or require that I agree to further limit BlackArrow’s liability.

BlackArrow Ltd repeatedly delayed fulfillment of its commercial obligation where time is the essence of the hardware in question.  After many such delays, BlackArrow Ltd communicated further issues with power supplies on September 8th.  Because time is of the essence, I contacted BlackArrow Ltd and requested delivery without power supplies;  this is a logical extension of the offer BlackArrow Ltd made to provide additional future compensation for delays in the form of additional hardware without power supplies.   BlackArrow rejected this request and instead offered to ship hardware immediately as evidenced by an email shipping notification originating from BlackArrow Ltd and a DHL tracking number ---------- dated September 23, 2014.  After a month of additional communications, multiple confirmations from DHL that they received no hardware to ship, and finally an ultimatum from me to fulfill the obligation or provide a refund, BlackArrow shipped hardware on October 24th as evidenced by DHL tracking number ----------.

None of the hardware delivered worked for multiple reasons.  I have communicated the facts below in a prior email to Black Arrow, Ltd requesting a refund:

“Unit 1 was clearly used based on the dust buildup on the air intake and moving parts.  The power unit was in some kind of incident as it is charred.  One of the power prongs was melted.

Unit 2 was clearly used based on the dust buildup on the air intake and moving parts.  The unit powers on but immediately cycles down with a recurring banging noise.

Unit 3 appears newer and powers up but a significant number of ASICs are not functioning.

Unit 4 appears newer and powers up but a significant number of ASICs are not functioning.”

BlackArrow Ltd’s commercial obligation remains unfulfilled.  A reasonable person would conclude from this series of events that BlackArrow is either incapable of fulfilling its commercial obligation or had little intention of doing so.  The fact that BlackArrow Ltd sent 4 separately broken units is unacceptable.  The fact that Black Arrow Ltd sent used hardware raises questions about how BlackArrow Ltd has been using customer funds.  My only interest at this point is to be quietly refunded the $12,126.30 USD I paid to BlackArrow Ltd.  I will agree to mutual non-disclosure of a refund for receipt of said refund by Friday, November  29, 2014 in one of the following forms:

Either

A wire transfer to:

Mark --------

Amount: $12,126.30 USD

Swift Code:  --------

Account #:  ----------

Address:  ----------

or

Bitcoin

Amount: $12,126.30 USD / [The current price of CoinDesk’s BPI in USD at the time of payment]

Address: ------------------------------------

-Mark

==============================================
December 4, 2014

Dear Alexey:

I am in receipt of your November 26 response where you reject my request for a refund.  I will begin soliciting the assistance of law enforcement starting December 9th with the expectation of handing over copies of our communications to law enforcement, additional supporting evidence, and providing law enforcement access to the pre-used and defective hardware Black Arrow Ltd. delivered.  I will be offering all of these to law enforcement as potential evidence of Black Arrows Ltd's [potential] inability to deliver on commercial obligations and unwillingness to provide relief.

-Mark

kfactor

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:12:28 AM

=================================

Dec 8, 2014

To Mark:

Please take note that your investment of $12,126.30 USD has been .. .. umm, oh yeah - assembling your miners.

We would like to offer you this animated portrait of Alex Sovu as compensation for the delays.

As per our terms and conditions, the contract is now fulfilled.

In the coming weeks we will extend to you, a valued customer of Black Arrow, exclusive access to the early bird pre-order for our 14nm asic miner, codenamed "GFY".

Regards,

Alexy
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:28:50 AM

Holy shit.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:37:44 AM

November 26, 2014

Alexey:

I am in receipt of your response email dated Thursday, November 20, 2014 where in lieu of a refund, BlackArrow Ltd offers, for a potential fee, to test this pre-used and non-functional hardware, requests that I pay for the hefty shipping, and requires, as a condition to proceeding, that I agree to certain terms and conditions limiting BlackArrow Ltd’s financial liability.

BlackArrow Ltd solicited and received a total of $12,126.30 USD from me for orders #---- & #---- placed October and December of 2013.  In doing so, BlackArrow Ltd created a commercial obligation that cannot be set aside by delivering used and defective hardware or by imposing arbitrary terms and conditions.  Furthermore, it is inappropriate for your firm to require I spend additional money as incentive for BlackArrow Ltd. to satisfy that commercial obligation or require that I agree to further limit BlackArrow’s liability.

BlackArrow Ltd repeatedly delayed fulfillment of its commercial obligation where time is the essence of the hardware in question.  After many such delays, BlackArrow Ltd communicated further issues with power supplies on September 8th.  Because time is of the essence, I contacted BlackArrow Ltd and requested delivery without power supplies;  this is a logical extension of the offer BlackArrow Ltd made to provide additional future compensation for delays in the form of additional hardware without power supplies.   BlackArrow rejected this request and instead offered to ship hardware immediately as evidenced by an email shipping notification originating from BlackArrow Ltd and a DHL tracking number ---------- dated September 23, 2014.  After a month of additional communications, multiple confirmations from DHL that they received no hardware to ship, and finally an ultimatum from me to fulfill the obligation or provide a refund, BlackArrow shipped hardware on October 24th as evidenced by DHL tracking number ----------.
Look at the balls the size of Kansas on this seller!
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 10:00:18 AM

Holy shit.

what a cracked up. funny there. thanks for making my day.

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 04:39:34 AM

file a report with the HK police, consumer council and your local police force. The time
for asking for a refund past months ago...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: