Bitcoin Forum
July 24, 2024, 11:04:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC back to long slow downward trend?  (Read 2753 times)
stonerider (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:43:51 PM

Now that the hype about coinbase exchange has died down, are we back to the painful slow death?
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:46:18 PM

I really don't think so. The long-long term trend is still upwards! We've seen a strong and sustainable recovery from our sub $200s adventure. The micro-bubble we've seen was just pure speculation in anticipation of the moon-announcement. We'll go up eventually!

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:51:40 PM

The market is "training" people to think that all rallies will end quickly and buy orders need to be placed at lower levels. When the real upswing starts, many people will be caught by surprise and the momentum higher will be amazing.   Smiley

HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:10:10 PM

The market is "training" people to think that all rallies will end quickly and buy orders need to be placed at lower levels. When the real upswing starts, many people will be caught by surprise and the momentum higher will be amazing.   Smiley

Yeah, every time we go down we reach a moment where we potentially hit 'the real bottom' the further we go down, the higher the risk to dismiss it as just another temporary bottom. At some point we will (maybe this time already have) reach the real turning point!

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:23:11 PM

This kills the bear
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:32:16 PM

The market is "training" people to think that all rallies will end quickly...

Yes, Smith's Invisible Hand keeps smacking Bitcoiners upside the head.
Pavlov's dogs woulda learned, Bitcoiners?  Not so much...
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:33:02 PM

The market is "training" people to think that all rallies will end quickly and buy orders need to be placed at lower levels. When the real upswing starts, many people will be caught by surprise and the momentum higher will be amazing.   Smiley

This kills the bear

Dear oh dear!

Training people to think that all rallies will end quickly / go pop with a big short squeeze, is training people to not give a shit.

Bitcoin bounced so dramatically from it's Dec 2013 crashes, because memory of $1200 coin was still fresh.

$1200 coin is now a distant memory. Not so distant memories are those of Bitcoin continuing to put in a series of what were not so long ago, 'unthinkable lows'. And this is the current market sentiment. Some X-Factor sweeping into town and ramping the price notwithstanding, it takes a long time after a bear market for 'trust' and then positivity to creep back into the market. Right now, even the most long term bullish of Bitcoiners wouldn't be surprised by yet lower lows, although they may hope and pray that $150 bottom was the last of it (it wasn't). That there is your current market sentiment.

Bit-Happy is actually on my ignore list cos way back in the day, I couldnt bear to constantly be reading the mindless positive soundbites, when my overall sentiment on Bitcoin was the exact opposite. I can see nothing has changed.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:49:24 PM

I'd rather like to think we're now on our way to the actual longtime upward-trend!!! Sure, we could go lower still but the bottom in early January did look quite desperate already. Shorting now in anticipation of sub $200 prices is risky. Quite risky in my opinion!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:50:31 PM

Now that the hype about coinbase exchange has died down, are we back to the painful slow death?

What hype?  BTC has been going down for the last year consistently, so why would we all of the sudden be "back" to that?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:54:36 PM

I'd rather like to think we're now on our way to the actual longtime upward-trend!!! Sure, we could go lower still but the bottom in early January did look quite desperate already. Shorting now in anticipation of sub $200 prices is risky. Quite risky in my opinion!

Very risky, so don't so it.

This market is unlikely to take another death plunge anytime soon. More likely is a further correction, and another surge up, before the buying pressure fades away, the market stagnates on low volume for a period, before those with Bitcoins that must be sold, start to sell, pushing the price down, resulting in yet more downwards momentum resulting in a sell-off panic.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
stonerider (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:57:22 PM

I really don't think so. The long-long term trend is still upwards! We've seen a strong and sustainable recovery from our sub $200s adventure. The micro-bubble we've seen was just pure speculation in anticipation of the moon-announcement. We'll go up eventually!

When you say "long term trend", you mean from like 2010 when a btc was worth $0.0000000000000000000000000001?

I'm concerned with the more recent long-term trend, like from Jan'2014, when a btc was worth over $800. From this perspective, in spite of all the good news, merchant adoptions and strong fundamentals, btc suffered a long, slow, slide downward.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:57:53 PM

Very risky, so don't so it.

This market is unlikely to take another death plunge anytime soon. More likely is a further correction, and another surge up, before the buying pressure fades away, the market stagnates on low volume for a period, before those with Bitcoins that must be sold, start to sell, pushing the price down, resulting in yet more downwards momentum resulting in a sell-off panic.

I actually don't intend on shorting, at all. I'm bullish and also don't even think about touching leveraged instruments. So you think there won't be any turnaround, at all? I do think we'll go back up sooner rather than later.

stonerider (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:52:38 PM

I believe the btc matra throughout 2014 was "we'll go back up sooner rather than later." Why is it different in 2015?
Mellnik

Activity: 242

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:53:01 PM

No. Dumb question.
stonerider (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:54:11 PM

^^^^^^
There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:29:41 PM

We had to pull back a little after going from $160 to $315 quickly dont you think? can just grow nearly double like that and not expect some consolidation.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:31:55 PM

Since so many people know the answer to this, can I ask where I left my car keys?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
stonerider (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:55:32 PM

$238 now from $255 an hour ago.  Huh
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:00:11 PM

$238 now from $255 an hour ago.  Huh

Mirco-bubble popping in time-lapse now. Nothing to see here in my opinion. People should feel free to short now or "cut their loose" but please don't complain afterwards that you had to buy back at a premium afterwards!

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:34:37 PM

Since so many people know the answer to this, can I ask where I left my car keys?

you left your Ferrari car keys @ $1200

i did the same
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: