Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My BTC address on blockchain is going insane, why ?  (Read 2386 times)
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:20:12 PM

Hello,

I use Bitcoin Core as my wallet.

When I used to check my address on blockchain, it was accurate.

But nowadays, I see a lot of outgoing transactions from my wallet which I know nothing about and even the balance on the blockchain website is not matching the balance on my wallet.

Is this a bug or what ?

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:28:47 PM

It is good if you can share the bitcoin address with us...

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:31:26 PM

Did you import an address recently? perhaps a private key you found online or a brainwallet?

troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:41:23 PM

Which address did you check? Bitcoin Core has multiple addresses.
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:45:45 PM

The most likely explanation is that your BTC are being stolen from you. You would not be the first to suffer from this, and not the last...
I don't know what operating system and wallet software you use, what kind of other software you installed recently etc. There have been quite a number of cases where bitcoin wallets (even password protected ones) were being emptied using information gathered through some trojan/keylogger.

Alas, once your computer security is compromised, creating a safe wallet and transferring what's left in your current wallet there to save at least some bits is not so easy - you'd need to set up a second computer as safely as possible, generate a fresh wallet, and transfer your bitcoins there after your old wallet has caught up with the blockchain, so you don't generate invalid ("double spend") transactions.

Onkel Paul

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:50:11 PM

Without more detailed information, it is difficult to determine what is happening. However, people are often concerned about discrepancies because they don't understand how wallets work.

The Bticoin Core wallet contains at least 100 addresses. Most of them are hidden from you. When bitcoins are sent, an amount that exceeds the specified amount is removed from the address and the extra is sent to another address. Sometimes all of the bitcoins at an address are sent. Sometimes bitcoins will be sent from multiple addresses.

In the end, if your wallet says you have all your bitcoins, then you are probably ok, despite what you might see on blockchain.info.

The most likely explanation is that your BTC are being stolen from you.

That is not the most likely explanation. Note that he did not say he is missing bitcoins. He said that the address he looked up doesn't match the amount in his wallet. The most likely explanation is that the bitcoins are in other addresses in his wallet.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:03:32 PM

I don't know if its safe to share it or not, if it's, I will do

Did you import an address recently? perhaps a private key you found online or a brainwallet?

At all.

Which address did you check? Bitcoin Core has multiple addresses.

I know, address that I've been using a lot, my primary address you can say.

The most likely explanation is that your BTC are being stolen from you. You would not be the first to suffer from this, and not the last...
I don't know what operating system and wallet software you use, what kind of other software you installed recently etc. There have been quite a number of cases where bitcoin wallets (even password protected ones) were being emptied using information gathered through some trojan/keylogger.

Alas, once your computer security is compromised, creating a safe wallet and transferring what's left in your current wallet there to save at least some bits is not so easy - you'd need to set up a second computer as safely as possible, generate a fresh wallet, and transfer your bitcoins there after your old wallet has caught up with the blockchain, so you don't generate invalid ("double spend") transactions.

Onkel Paul

I'm not hacked as the bitcoins is not decreased.

Without more detailed information, it is difficult to determine what is happening. However, people are often concerned about discrepancies because they don't understand how wallets work.

The Bticoin Core wallet contains at least 100 addresses. Most of them are hidden from you. When bitcoins are sent, an amount that exceeds the specified amount is removed from the address and the extra is sent to another address. Sometimes all of the bitcoins at an address are sent. Sometimes bitcoins will be sent from multiple addresses.

In the end, if your wallet says you have all your bitcoins, then you are probably ok, despite what you might see on blockchain.info.

The most likely explanation is that your BTC are being stolen from you.

That is not the most likely explanation. Note that he did not say he is missing bitcoins. He said that the address he looked up doesn't match the amount in his wallet. The most likely explanation is that the bitcoins are in other addresses in his wallet.

What you said here is also happening

When bitcoins are sent, an amount that exceeds the specified amount is removed from the address and the extra is sent to another address.

But the issue is, blockchain was reading my address perfectly, now I even see transactions that I know nothing about.

Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
newIndia
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:06:21 PM

Never heard of a problem for sharing the bitcoin address. That is meant to be for public use. I am showing my address on my profile for months. Never encountered any problem !!!

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:09:26 PM

Could you be seeing "change" transactions? Some transactions involve sending back change and may appear like a different Tx.
 Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:16:23 PM

Never heard of a problem for sharing the bitcoin address. That is meant to be for public use. I am showing my address on my profile for months. Never encountered any problem !!!

Here it's : 1KWfhUGT9XSZ6vW9WzWXUa3iyonepa9AbM

Could you be seeing "change" transactions? Some transactions involve sending back change and may appear like a different Tx.
 Huh

I'm sorry, but I didn't get it.

Here is the block chain url : https://blockchain.info/address/1KWfhUGT9XSZ6vW9WzWXUa3iyonepa9AbM

newIndia
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:20:41 PM

How much balance you were supposed to have ?

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:20:54 PM

I'm not sure about your situation. Maybe this will help?

Here is a thing on change.:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:32:22 PM

It's more like of "Hijacking" of the address.

Lets take a look here

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:37:22 PM

How much balance you were supposed to have ?

I didn't lose a penny from my wallet

I'm not sure about your situation. Maybe this will help?

Here is a thing on change.:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change

Check my last reply please.

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:40:44 PM

Hello,

But nowadays, I see a lot of outgoing transactions from my wallet which I know nothing about and even the balance on the blockchain website is not matching the balance on my wallet.

Is this a bug or what ?

maybe you should contact blockchain bitcoin core support (if they exist )

https://blockchain.info/support-desk * sorry Lips sealed

Smiley
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:44:33 PM

Hello,

Is this a bug or what ?

maybe you should contact blockchain support

https://blockchain.info/support-desk

or is there anyone that know your blockchain password ?

or have you ever log in your blockchain at outside ( like internet cafe instead of home ? )

I use Bitcoin Core as my wallet bro, not blockchain.

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:23:22 PM

Lets take a look here

Did not you make this transaction ?

https://blockchain.info/tx/64593d16c00aa04f82f527de11d6df7afd47c151c1c504a11797b5cdc4b410ca

Has this 0.668 BTC been stolen from you or you intentionally sent it ?

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:49:04 PM

Lets take a look here

https://blockchain.info/tx/64593d16c00aa04f82f527de11d6df7afd47c151c1c504a11797b5cdc4b410ca

I did the 0.2164 part only.

fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:53:54 PM

It's fine, bitcoinqt doesn't have a "From" address, blockchain just indexes, you can never control from which address your bitcoin-qt sends.

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:54:55 PM

Lets take a look here

I did the 0.2164 part only.

Then 1HeXTiyw6MHpGj2NQRdi3aitgdo5zonmHZ is also your address maintained by your bitcoin core wallet. This is called change. As long as your total balance is intact, nothing to worry...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: