Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:35:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Bitcoins using moneybookers/paypal  (Read 698 times)
thebeerbaron (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 02:41:08 PM

I'm looking to buy BC using either of the above methods. Please pm me with rates. Looking for 9BC. Trusted members only (I will send first for trusted members)

Thanks.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 02:45:20 PM

I sold bitcoins for paypal and all I got was a lousy chargeback.

Try harder.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
thebeerbaron (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 08:22:56 PM

Sorry to hear about. Unfortunately, the "i got scammed on Paypal so therefore everyone who wants to buy BC via Paypal is a scammer" hypothesis is obviously beyond redundant. I'd be happy to do a wire for anyone interested in selling some too, though i'd be transferring Euros. Moneybookers (US) is also an option.

Thanks.
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 08:33:29 PM

We sell BTC by bank wire.  Available @ MtGox last w/ no fees or markup.  We can lock a rate for up to 72 hours if you wish.
Still buying 9 BTC by bank wire is going to be prohibitively expensive.

On the "not everyone is a scammer"  comment while that may be true every scammer would say the exact same thing.  There is no way for a seller to know if you are a scammer or not.  Given some % of buyers paying with PayPal ARE scammers then it is a gamble.  The high number of PayPal scammers make that a bad gamble. 

Even if you are legit from a game theory point of view the seller loses before he even starts.  If a seller sold coins to 20 random PayPal buyers odds are at least one is a scammer and thus the seller loses.  So seller could charge a markup (say 10% over MtGox) however that makes it less attractive to legit buyers.  So instead of one out of 20 being scammers maybe it is one out 5 are scammers so the seller still loses.  If seller raises his markup to 30% at that price there is essentially no legit buyers so he gets 20 out of 20 scammers and still loses.

Saying "I am not a scammer, you can trust me" is kind pointless.  Would any scammer say "I AM a scammer don't trust me?"  Would they?
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 09:24:27 PM

Sorry to hear about. Unfortunately, the "i got scammed on Paypal so therefore everyone who wants to buy BC via Paypal is a scammer" hypothesis is obviously beyond redundant. I'd be happy to do a wire for anyone interested in selling some too, though i'd be transferring Euros. Moneybookers (US) is also an option.

Thanks.

I never sold coins via paypal for exact reasons stated above by TangibleCryptography. Maybe not everyone who wants to buy bitcoins via paypal is a scammer, but new member in newbie section, freshly out of registration gate asking for some, pretty much likely. Some are more sophisticated than that, they up their post count a bit before asking Smiley

But if you happen to be genuine and in Europe (judging from euros in your possession), why won't you do SEPA transfer to Intersango and get some that way?

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: