Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:40:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CloudHashing.com buyout of contracts???  (Read 2760 times)
Radivent (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:35:18 AM

I just got an email from CloudHashing.com saying they're offering to buy out my contracts.  When I logged in, this is what they offered:

Dear Cloudhashing customer:
Due to the changed financial viability of our cloud mining service, we have decided to increase the management fees associated with the service to USD $0.15 (15 cents) per gigahash per month. This amount ($17.44 per month) will be deducted directly from your mining earnings. If your mining earnings are not sufficient to cover the management fees, you will be invoiced for the remainder amount.
If your account remains in arrears for longer than 30 days, your contract will be terminated and your account will be closed.
In order to avoid management fees, Cloudhashing customers may opt to sell their contracts back to Cloudhashing. You currently have 116.24 Gh/s of Cloudhashing contracts. Cloudhashing offers to buy these contracts back today for a price of 0.05473304 bitcoins. This is a temporary offer to customers who would choose such an option and expires at 12:00 midnight, Pacific time, on 8th February 2014.
Thank you.

But its unclear whether the offer of 0.05473304 bitcoins is per GH, or whether that's the ENTIRE offer.  If its the entire offer, that's nuts.  If its per GH, I might just take it.  But they just have a button that says ACCEPT.  There is no way I'm doing it without clarification, but haven't heard back from them yet.  Anyone else run into this?  Anyone know the answer?  Would you take this deal, assuming its per GH?

ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:38:36 AM

0.05473304  * 116.24 = 6.3621685696

Either they are offering you 6 BTC for your 100+ GH/s, or the total they are offering is 0.05.

Let's be real here.
Radivent (OP)

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:41:01 AM

So it seems like a shady way of just getting out of their contracts without having to pay anything.  It makes no sense to take .05 btc for the entire thing, but I probably will barely make enough money to cover the new "fee".  Bastards...
fastermaster

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:38:26 AM

I have got the same ridicolous offer.
They are not even paying rewards , the site looks frozen with probably fake statistics.
I'll not accept the offer , it is probably worth waiting and see if someone will start legal action against those scammers...
Dilemma

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:58:30 AM

I have got the same ridicolous offer.
They are not even paying rewards , the site looks frozen with probably fake statistics.
I'll not accept the offer , it is probably worth waiting and see if someone will start legal action against those scammers...

you are right
you shouldt accept this offer
it's not look profitable and fair

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:05:31 AM

It's not shady nor ridiculous. Cloudming contracts are now worthless everywhere because of the shitty price of BTC. This situation is not unique to CloudHashing. The other option is that they just shutdown and not offer you a single Satoshi... like every other cloudhashing company. Consider yourself lucky that you're getting anything.

And believe it or not, .0547 BTC is actually quite fair. It's only 116GHs after all. 116GHs hasn't been worth anywhere near 6btc/$1500 for well over a year.
SumthngsWrong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:29:25 PM

I just received the same offer. Back when I bought the contract (May 2014), 10 large for 2.2 Th/s for 1 year, it was performing nicely until August or so. received about 7 btc in 4 months, which would of been fine, had the payouts remained the same, or the price of bitcoin stayed above 500. The main thing was that Abiodun had promised an increase to 8+ Ph/s by December. Instead it DROPPED from 4.4 Ph/s when I bought the contract to where it is now- 1.7 Ph/s.
 Good thing is I live in Austin, TX, where I went to Cloudhashing's physical office to purchase my contract. I will be going to pay them a visit today or tomorrow.
vga

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:54:00 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2015, 10:32:16 PM by vga

I currently have 135.9 Gh/s and am being offered 0.02131533 bitcoins for a buyout or a management fee of $20.38 per month. How is that that I am being offered this when you are being offered 0.05473304 bitcoins and have just 116.24 Gh/s???
Does anyone else notice any discrepancies like this or have any idea why this is?Huh
Do they factor in how much time is left in the contract?
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:44:39 PM

So it seems like a shady way of just getting out of their contracts without having to pay anything.  It makes no sense to take .05 btc for the entire thing, but I probably will barely make enough money to cover the new "fee".  Bastards...

All cloud mining is a scam with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions (I believe). Look at gaw. Pbiming. Hashie. Stop giving your btc to people. Just hodl it. Otherwise, you just end up asking for it back.  Huh

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
kingbruce

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:46:12 AM

Well soon you will be really out of luck one way or the other the way it seems written.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 01:51:22 AM

I just received the same offer. Back when I bought the contract (May 2014), 10 large for 2.2 Th/s for 1 year, it was performing nicely until August or so. received about 7 btc in 4 months, which would of been fine, had the payouts remained the same, or the price of bitcoin stayed above 500. The main thing was that Abiodun had promised an increase to 8+ Ph/s by December. Instead it DROPPED from 4.4 Ph/s when I bought the contract to where it is now- 1.7 Ph/s.
 Good thing is I live in Austin, TX, where I went to Cloudhashing's physical office to purchase my contract. I will be going to pay them a visit today or tomorrow.

Really interested in hearing if you visited the office or not?

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
vga

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:45:18 PM

I just noticed that buyout amounts go down the longer you wait. Mine decreased from 0.02131533 to 0.01976613 bitcoin since last week.
This buyout is a scam in that in forces me out. The new fees (which were never in the original contract) are more than my earnings will ever be. It leaves no choice. The original contract was BS, I guess.
geofflosophy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:56:20 AM

I just noticed that my buyout never got paid, I put it in as soon as I remembered, maybe two or three days after it was announced. The site is down now and the buyout was pretty much all I was owed, and that was only 0.013 BTC or so.

It's been a long time since I've been on the forums, did I miss something about this?

Edit: it may have even been 0.13 BTC, I had over 160 GH
Clairlex

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:26:29 PM

Hi

I have found this site, trying to find out about cloudhashing, the site is now closed with an email for payouts. Did anyone get paid out is it worth me claiming? as I can't get into the site I am not even sure what I had in there looks like $1000 down the pan?
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:33:37 PM

Hi

I have found this site, trying to find out about cloudhashing, the site is now closed with an email for payouts. Did anyone get paid out is it worth me claiming? as I can't get into the site I am not even sure what I had in there looks like $1000 down the pan?

This was quite some time ago - Cloud mining is risky for a reason. You can always try to follow up but the  same reasons Bitcoin is so desirable to us are the same reasons you'll likely never see your Bitcoin again.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:44:55 PM

This is obviously an Scammy site that in due time will go rogue. Don't waste your money on this kind of shitty site. If you want to invest serach for the real ones. "when almsgiving is too much it is reasonable for the holyman to suspect!"
Clairlex

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:57:49 PM

This is obviously an Scammy site that in due time will go rogue. Don't waste your money on this kind of shitty site. If you want to invest serach for the real ones. "when almsgiving is too much it is reasonable for the holyman to suspect!"

wow deep!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:36:30 AM

Always the same problem. People getting scammed for not recognizing scam offers.

With cloud mining always ask the following, verifiable names of people behind the service, photos of the farm and mining address to check if they mine at all. If they dont send this, you do not invest.

This is I always choose a few PoS coins where I can get all transparency I need and they ve been making me money for over a year now, DMD, FLY and CLAM especially.

TRANSPARENCY IS THE KEY, do not let your greed controls you.

If anyone needs any help about PoS, let me know, always glad to help. No referral links, no sales from my side, NOTHING. I help people cause I m a nice guy.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:23:12 PM

Another obvious ponzi bites the dust.

These offers look shitty, but if you can actually get coins out of them you are probably better off taking the pennies instead of riding it out and letting them send you a bill and you end up having to pay them more money.

I have no clue how successful they'd be trying to collect money from you, but you've already blown a bunch of money/coins on them, why risk hurting your credit also?

Walking away with a tiny percentage of what you started with is better than walking away with 0 or even more in the hole.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: