Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:58:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why not?  (Read 1055 times)
tvasconcelos (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:34:19 PM

Why not creating a pool that rewards the person that finds the block?

I mean, at present time, the 50BTC reward when it's found, is split even for shares submited, right? So what if a pool that does this,

50 BTC :
Pool takes it's fee: 5%
Person that finds block gets ~10BTC (for example)
Rest is divided evenly by work done

Is there this kind of pool? (i don't know what happens when people find the block in current pools)
Would there be people willing to join such a pool?
Is it doable?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvasconcelos (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:41:08 PM

I'm sorry, i'm new at mining and bitcoin. Didn't knew there were something like that already.
Could find what happened to that pool, on a quick search... very quick!!

But you call it scam, because of the people that run the pool were malicious, or because of another thing?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:42:59 PM

I'm sorry, i'm new at mining and bitcoin. Didn't knew there were something like that already.
Could find what happened to that pool, on a quick search... very quick!!

But you call it scam, because of the people that run the pool were malicious, or because of another thing?
Sorry, I got confused and didn't read your initial post correctly. I have deleted the offending post. Some pools do do as you described, although I'm not sure which ones. I know P2Pool has a block finder's reward.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 07:21:41 PM

PRO: Person who finds the block get a larger cut out of each block
PRO: Those with larger farms will make more BTCs than those who casually mine. (possibly. read below)

CON: Everyone else who doesn't find the block gets a smaller cut out of each block.
CON: There is no incentive for those with small farms to join this pool.
CON: There is no incentive for those with large farms to join, either. Read below.

If someone with a large farm were to join this pool with the intent of finding lots of blocks to the point where his 10BTC bonus would offset all his payouts where he wasn't the one finding the block, then he would be more profitable to solo mine.

This pool could only work if you somehow devised a regulation where everyone had to be at or below a certain MH/s range, so no one person had an unfair advantage. Say cap it at 1GH/s?

Now a really neat idea would be to have a 10BTC reward for whoever finds the block, but subtract 1BTC for every GH/s the miner who found the block is running. Obv security would come into play to prevent cheating, but still...

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
tvasconcelos (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 09:21:43 AM

Hi, i'm not trying to make a pool... just launch the ideia.

I think it's a mix of solo mining and pool mining!!
About technical or security questions... i know nothing about.

Thanks for the replies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: