Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not another is Bitcoin dead question?? BUT...  (Read 2758 times)
bigkahuna

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:40:05 PM

I know Bitcoin is not a scam and will not disappear. Having said that the large price fluctuations are clearly manipulated by cyber attacks and negative media attention.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:45:41 PM

I know Bitcoin is not a scam and will not disappear. Having said that the large price fluctuations are clearly manipulated by cyber attacks and negative media attention.

and by black markets or exchanges who are falling from time to time.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:08:23 PM

Value is not a good measurement of how BTC is doing. Right now its value is simply the playground of a bunch of speculators.

If you look for alternatives you should look at the technical differences. Where BTC has been quite stagnant on that front, some altcoins have faired way better. Take a look at NXT for example, tons of projects are being build on that. There are plenty of others too. SYS is building a decentralised exchange. Vericoin has a very cool wallet. HYPER is aimed at gamers and pays 5%/month interest for PoS. And some countrycoins are doing well, most notably NLG and Sterlingcoin.

People here say that BTC is the one and only. Very understandable. But does anyone stop to remember MSN? Or MySpace? BTC needs to keep reïnventing itself or it will be replaced by something better. It's the blockchain technology that really is the breakthrough, not BTC itself.

=P
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:10:16 PM

Value is not a good measurement of how BTC is doing. Right now it's value is simply the playground of a bunch of speculators.

If you look for alternatives you should look at the technical differences. Where BTC has been quite stagnant on that front, some altcoins have faired way better. Take a look at NXT for example, tons of projects are being build on that. There are plenty of others too. SYS is building a decentralised exchange. Vericoin has a very cool wallet. HYPER is aimed at gamers and pays 5%/month interest for PoS. And some countrycoins are doing well, most notably NLG and Sterlingcoin.

People here say that BTC is the one and only. Very understandable. But does anyone stop to remember MSN? Or MySpace? BTC needs to keep reïnventing itself or it will be replaced by something better. It's the blockchain technology that really is the breakthrough, not BTC itself.

you are rare piece here. you think by using your brain !

If I would be miner, I would start looking to ALTcoins. BTC is useless now for any miner. They cannot make any profit
carlosiness

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:11:04 PM

not dead, just came out from immature...

MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED, BUT THIS ASSHOLE DIDN'T CHANGE THE PASSWORD. I DON'T USED THIS FORUM FOR AGES. YOU COULD SEE IT FROM MY ACTIVITY. I USED THIS FORUM FOR FUN AND TO GET SOME BTC FROM SIGNATURES.. NOW I SEE TERRIBLE POSTS AND CRIMINAL OFFENSE FROM MY ACCOUNT. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR ALL WHO HARMED FROM THIS LAYER ASSHOLE.. I exported my outbox when he was doing dirty jobs.. OUTBOX HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 06:16:02 PM

Value is not a good measurement of how BTC is doing. Right now its value is simply the playground of a bunch of speculators.

Read the white paper again and wiki:

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain

You can't separate the two, they work in conjunction with each other, and because of each other.

There's no blockchain without Bitcoin, and vice versa.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
julian071

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:26:39 PM

You can't separate the two, they work in conjunction with each other, and because of each other.

Excuse me, I could have chosen my words more precisely. Where I used the word 'blockchain' I ment 'a public ledger with a certain set of algorithms governing it'.

In my defence, most people refer to those ledgers as 'blockchains'.  I will even go so far as to contend that the public use of this word will replace the meaning that you quote from the Bitcoin wiki, where it refers only to the public ledger that underpins (or: is, in a sense) bitcoin.

=P
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:48:30 PM

OP, bitcoin will be around long after you're gone. do not worry about that one

Get used to it.
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 08:00:43 PM

Excuse me, I could have chosen my words more precisely. Where I used the word 'blockchain' I ment 'a public ledger with a certain set of algorithms governing it'.

In my defence, most people refer to those ledgers as 'blockchains'.  I will even go so far as to contend that the public use of this word will replace the meaning that you quote from the Bitcoin wiki, where it refers only to the public ledger that underpins (or: is, in a sense) bitcoin.

I think you're referring to altchains, that mimick or copy the original blockchain technology.

There's only 1 true Blockchain, and it specifically deals with Bitcoin only.

If you're talking about scamcoins that copycat blockchain and the Bitcoin protocol, don't bother:

There really is no point.  There's just no backing, no support, not enough development behind Ripple, or Litecoin, or Paycoin, or NXT, or Stellar.  Is Ethereum still a thing?

Just don't waste your time or money with that nonsense.  Market Cap don't lie.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:06:15 PM

every time i sell it goes up.. every time i buy it goes down.  im a shite trader but a good hodler.  if the ship sinks, many of the captains will go down with it.  all virtual currencies of the past have failed due to govn't intervention.  this fortunately can't happen with btc
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:37:02 PM

Market Cap don't lie.

you must be new here  Roll Eyes

ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 08:40:01 PM

Market Cap don't lie.

you must be new here  Roll Eyes

Explain beartroll.

And please don't be another one of NotLambChop's 35 alts, posting a stupid gif.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:46:07 PM

Market Cap don't lie.

you must be new here  Roll Eyes

Explain beartroll.

I release a coin with example 1billion coins max, premined 99% to 100% , presale it and buy it myself (or other method - just need to make sure i control most the coins) - and just sell one coin for 1 dollar (to myself) and i have just created 1 billion marketcap with a single transaction.
Great stuff, isn't it?

Happens every day.

And please see a doctor for the paranoia-issue you have there ...

ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 08:54:09 PM

Market Cap don't lie.

Explain beartroll.

I release a coin with example 1billion coins max, premined 99% to 100% , presale it and buy it myself (or other method - just need to make sure i control most the coins) - and just sell one coin for 1 dollar (to myself) and i have just created 1 billion marketcap with a single transaction.
Great stuff, isn't it?

Happens every day.

Where is the coin you speak of with the $1bill market cap?  I don't see it on coinmarketcap.com

I thought you said this happens every day???

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
julian071

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:37:13 PM

I think you're referring to altchains, that mimick or copy the original blockchain technology.

If you're talking about scamcoins that copycat blockchain and the Bitcoin protocol, don't bother:

There really is no point.  There's just no backing, no support, not enough development behind Ripple, or Litecoin, or Paycoin, or NXT, or Stellar.  Is Ethereum still a thing?

Just don't waste your time or money with that nonsense.  Market Cap don't lie.

You sir, are totally wrong.

First of all, as explained above, the market cap can lie. Secondly, the market cap is only a derivative of the true value, which is the value a coin has in our society, which is in turn a direct consequence of (principally) its technological advances. Moreover, the market cap is largely the result of speculation.  

Your total lack of interest in the technology as compared to BTC's worth today leads me to believe, but correct me if I'm wrong, that you're just a bagholder who's waiting for the right time to dump it all for precious fiat.

But more importantly, you seem to think that there should only be one cryptocoin, as others are not to be bothered with. In my mind's eye I see you making the same argument when the first email hosting companies arose: "don't bother with hotmail or gmail, they're just scamming copycats, there can be only one email-provider!" Very funny =)

Moreover, if you don't allow any pluralty, progress will be stifled. And even your precious investment will be in danger of never taking off. I worry for Bitcoin that to many people tihink like you, and progress will be to slow because people will relly on BTC being the biggest (in marketcap) and therefore 'the best', in stead of on innovation.

But don't take my word for it, just watch the guy in this youtube clip below. It's called 'The future of Bitcoin" by Andreas Antonopoulos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw28y81s7Wo

=P
Bernard Lerring

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:59:27 PM

+1 for julian071's post
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:00:54 AM

Market Cap don't lie.

Explain beartroll.

Great stuff, isn't it?

Happens every day.

Where is the coin you speak of with the $1bill market cap?  I don't see it on coinmarketcap.com

You have to select currencies by TOTAL supply, and then you will see more market caps in the billions. Marinecoin being most similar to the one described above. Edit: looks like marinecoin under a billion now. was over a billion not long ago. on dozens of us dollars volume.
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 02:42:14 PM

There really is no point.  There's just no backing, no support, not enough development behind Ripple, or Litecoin, or Paycoin, or NXT, or Stellar.  Is Ethereum still a thing?

Just don't waste your time or money with that nonsense.  Market Cap don't lie.

You sir, are totally wrong.

First of all, as explained above, the market cap can lie. Secondly, the market cap is only a derivative of the true value, which is the value a coin has in our society, which is in turn a direct consequence of (principally) its technological advances. Moreover, the market cap is largely the result of speculation.  

Your total lack of interest in the technology as compared to BTC's worth today leads me to believe, but correct me if I'm wrong, that you're just a bagholder who's waiting for the right time to dump it all for precious fiat.

But more importantly, you seem to think that there should only be one cryptocoin, as others are not to be bothered with. In my mind's eye I see you making the same argument when the first email hosting companies arose: "don't bother with hotmail or gmail, they're just scamming copycats, there can be only one email-provider!" Very funny =)

Moreover, if you don't allow any pluralty, progress will be stifled. And even your precious investment will be in danger of never taking off. I worry for Bitcoin that to many people tihink like you, and progress will be to slow because people will relly on BTC being the biggest (in marketcap) and therefore 'the best', in stead of on innovation.

But don't take my word for it, just watch the guy in this youtube clip below. It's called 'The future of Bitcoin" by Andreas Antonopoulos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw28y81s7Wo

Sorry, I don't deal with shitcoin holders, you're all beneath me.   Tongue

Just messing with you bud.  I don't believe any of those alternate cryptos will survive, so excuse my bluntness.

Which of your copycat coins, do you think will actually survive with no real development or real investment?  Awaiting your response and reasons(this ought to be good).

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 02:43:33 PM

+1 for julian071's post

-1 for Bernard Lerring useless post.

At least post a sentence stating why.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 02:47:23 PM

Market Cap don't lie.

Explain beartroll.

Great stuff, isn't it?

Happens every day.

Where is the coin you speak of with the $1bill market cap?  I don't see it on coinmarketcap.com

You have to select currencies by TOTAL supply, and then you will see more market caps in the billions. Marinecoin being most similar to the one described above. Edit: looks like marinecoin under a billion now. was over a billion not long ago. on dozens of us dollars volume.

That's sounds so wrong on so many levels.

Like "marinecoin" will actually be worth anything in a few days/weeks.  At least pump a scamcoin that has a chance like Ripple, that'll be here for a year or two.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄