Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:22:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else recieving random NXT assets and dividends?  (Read 908 times)
Bizmark13 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:56:06 PM

I have a NXT account and I've received three random assets so far including RGDO, FIMventure, and nxtegregor. RGDO seems to be a real business based in China called RigidLube that manufactures and sells automotive oils and lubricants. nxtegregor has sent me assets five times in batches of varying quantity and occasionally pays a small dividend and FIMventure regularly sends out dividends (usually ~2 NXT per week).

I also received a small payment from a NXT account called "VULTMINING" despite never owning any of their assets.

I have a few jl777 assets too including SuperNET and NXTventure which generate dividends in the form of other jl777 assets but the above three assets have no relation to jl777.

I am guessing the reason behind this is marketing? Has anyone else received assets that they did not ask for? Did you keep them? Sell them? Buy more of them?
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:07:05 PM

If you publish your account, then this happens for marketing. It builds awareness and gets some trade volume. So just have a public account you don't mind getting 'spam assets' at  Grin

I would view all of them as suspicious until you have done good research, real businesses have been fronted by others for their own ends.

If you got them and it turns out to be a scam, I would destroy them by sending them to the genesis account. Rather than selling them on to unsuspecting others.
Bizmark13 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:15:15 PM

If you publish your account, then this happens for marketing. It builds awareness and gets some trade volume. So just have a public account you don't mind getting 'spam assets' at  Grin

I would view all of them as suspicious until you have done good research, real businesses have been fronted by others for their own ends.

If you got them and it turns out to be a scam, I would destroy them by sending them to the genesis account. Rather than selling them on to unsuspecting others.

I've never published my NXT address anywhere online although searching for it on Google reveals links to NXTblocks and NXTreporting and others have included it in lists when paying out dividends. The account itself holds 27 assets and a couple hundred NXT so that's probably why.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:19:24 PM

Yeah, I guess you don't need to publish it online.  Scanning the block chain will give you a list of accounts that are active and making/receiving transactions.
Bizmark13 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:29:43 PM

Yeah, I guess you don't need to publish it online.  Scanning the block chain will give you a list of accounts that are active and making/receiving transactions.

Probably. The other account I have which only holds NXT and no assets hasn't received any assets at all. Perhaps they only target active accounts and an address that has only received a single deposit months ago isn't considered to be active enough. In contrast, an account which contains a lot of dividend-generating assets will be regularly receiving many small transactions.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:44:28 PM

I've also received 1 or 2 asset i don't really care.  Wink
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:08:47 AM

I've also received 1 or 2 asset i don't really care.  Wink

same here but not interested much in this

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

belmonty

Activity: 295

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:14:32 PM

Although I have been sent a few assets, none of them are worth anything. Has anyone been sent assets that are worth something?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: