Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: whenever it happens, how high will it go ?
lower than last summer - 16 (28.6%)
somewhere around 50 - 20 (35.7%)
(near to or in) triple digits - 20 (35.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: next bubble  (Read 1019 times)
bracek (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 11:02:31 PM

I vote 50

better fundamentals, higher starting price, confidence that it won't burst to zero

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 11:48:29 PM

Lower, people will remember the last burst and will sell.  Last time people had no idea where it would stop.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 12:38:36 AM

Lower, people will remember the last burst and will sell.  Last time people had no idea where it would stop.

Ya they'll sell alright

but if theirs enough people buying, that's not a problem

UP UP UP AND AWAY!

Cheesy

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:03:44 AM

"Bubble" is a pretty vague notion. I think a lot of people just use it when, in their opinion, prices have reached an unjustified level. But if prices must rapidly contract in order to get the "pop" implied by the term, how far and how fast do they have to contract? In the last bitcoin bubble, prices contracted by over 90% in about 5 months. Pretty safe to say that was a bubble. But suppose price climbs to 25 then retraces to 15 in 3-4 months. Is that a bubble? Not so clear. I'm expecting that when price contracts significantly, which it surely will at some point, people will say, "see, I told you it was a bubble!" But given how vague the term is in the first place, that's not a very interesting prediction. The whole debate would be a lot more interesting if we had some reasonably precise definition of what counts as a bubble. Something like, "price has to contract by at least 50% within 6 months."
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:35:35 AM

"Bubble" is a pretty vague notion. I think a lot of people just use it when, in their opinion, prices have reached an unjustified level. But if prices must rapidly contract in order to get the "pop" implied by the term, how far and how fast do they have to contract? In the last bitcoin bubble, prices contracted by over 90% in about 5 months. Pretty safe to say that was a bubble. But suppose price climbs to 25 then retraces to 15 in 3-4 months. Is that a bubble? Not so clear. I'm expecting that when price contracts significantly, which it surely will at some point, people will say, "see, I told you it was a bubble!" But given how vague the term is in the first place, that's not a very interesting prediction. The whole debate would be a lot more interesting if we had some reasonably precise definition of what counts as a bubble. Something like, "price has to contract by at least 50% within 6 months."

+100
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:40:13 AM

+1.5648
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:42:25 AM

+troll.79

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 01:54:15 AM

ya we over use the word bubble...

but bitcoin is like the master of bubble making  just watch this video

http://youtu.be/EciMcKacMBg - 2 mins
http://youtu.be/gkolebY-N4w - 1 min ( dont listen to the crazy talk in the back  Wink )

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: