Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:51:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares Loves Puppies  (Read 23162 times)
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:11:38 AM

Yeah, our March Madness Blue Light Special Sale is winding down.
But if you act now, we'll throw in 5 BitShares for the price of one.

(Just pay separate shipping and handling.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:15:18 AM

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:16:20 AM

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:21:21 AM

This entire thread is my sadly poor attempt to show you all the energy in the tidal wave now approaching land.
If you are a wise investor, you will look at that surging energy and ask yourself,
"What will happen to that beneath-the-surface momentum when it reaches shore?"

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:14:01 AM

This entire thread is my sadly poor attempt to show you all the energy in the tidal wave now approaching land.
If you are a wise investor, you will look at that surging energy and ask yourself,
"What will happen to that beneath-the-surface momentum when it reaches shore?"

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 03:53:15 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 04:11:51 PM by StanLarimer

Yes.  That's the point of the thread.  
Compiling all the evidence showing that the BitShares ecosystem is really real!

I almost chose that same picture myself (minus my smiling face).

Smiley

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:10:26 PM

All Roads Lead to Blacksburg!

http://bitscape.io/all-roads-lead-to-blacksburg/

Wherein we describe the NYC to Blacksburg leg of our journey!

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 02:02:37 AM

APRIL 3, 2015    BY ADAM ERNEST
BitShares Worldwide Meetups: Blacksburg Edition

On April 2nd, BitShares community members hosted a meetup at NuSpark, a local entrepreneurship space in Blacksburg Virginia near the Virginia Tech campus. BitShares worldwide meetups have been growing in popularity recently. More and more people are being exposed to the BitShares blockchain and the possibilities that come with new forms of value and new businesses via BitShares. We typically get pizza and drinks and have great fellowship and discussion surrounding Bitshares.

During this specific meetup we gave updates on several Bitshares related projects. Some of the projects that were discussed were the new BitShares web wallet, Peertracks, and Moonstone. When we showed off the web wallet we demonstrated just how easy getting into BitShares can be. Along with this pitch we revealed several gateways to the Bitshares trading network. Some of the ones discussed were BlockTrades and ShapeShift. Peertracks was discussed as well, which is essentially Bitshares music. Peertracks allows for music artist and fans to connect on a whole new level. With this platform artist can be truly profitable and the fans become the biggest promoters. We then covered a new open-source light wallet called Moonstone. Moonstone aims to bring Bitshares to the masses by providing a better user experience. In just a few days, Moonstone will actually be launching a crowd-funding campaign.

Another highlight from the meetup was getting to hear from a Virginia Tech student who has been helping work with Bitshares. He explained what he has learned from the developers so far and what he likes about the BitShares ecosystem.

Additionally we welcomed the team from the Bitshares P2P Tour. Currently they are traveling around the United States meeting up and interviewing Bitshares community members. Their journey will be the subject of a film.  The story will be made into a documentary and will serve as a way to bring community members together. The stories and experiences of Bitshares early adopters and founders needs to be heard!

Be sure to join a BitShares meetup group so you can attend the next one! And if there isn’t one near you, ask us about starting your own.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:07:35 AM

I'm glad you all like puppies because you're about to get crushed by the Doge.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:30:50 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 12:57:03 PM by StanLarimer

Wolf puppies look a lot like dog puppies, so this btswolf (Erstes deutsches BitShares InfoPortal) post still qualifies for our special "almost puppies" rate:

Happy Easter 2015

I've just started a little competition on BTSwolf.com as German Easter 2015 Special Promotion campaign.
Attendees have to find one of 10 special words on BTSwolf.com.

I will put 20 BitUSD of my own stack in the pot and it would be great if you support this campaign by donating some BitUSD too ,to "donations.btswolf" until easter monday evening.
The whole winning price 20BitUSD+Donations will be split among all valid participants.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=982444.msg10975568#msg10975568
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15468.msg199151#msg199151
https://www.coinforum.de/topic/3785-bitshares-btswolf/#entry61737
https://twitter.com/btswolf/status/584136905635328002

Thanks for your support

Kind regards,
Tim
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:23:09 PM

Here is Fuzzy's list of cool BitShares Projects.

-MetaExchange
-3D Printing Alliance growing (ISG3D)

-Open Source Hardware
-DataSecurity Shares
-MoonStone

-CryptoFresh (bitscape & roadscape)

-LimeWallet
-Nathans Wallet
-MineBitShares
-PLAY
-MUSIC
-BitSharesTV
-NullStreet Marketers
-*CryptoSmith*
-*BeyondBitcoin.org* (when Stan gets the domain to Jabba)

-*BitShares Island* 

And this isn't even talking about Chinese initiatives (like selling shares in berkshire hathaway)...
And as always...there are others I am not at liberty to talk about (yet).

Admittedly, the BitShares Island and its landmark BitShares Office Tower complex pictured above are a bit further off, but you've gotta love the Marina del BitShares in the middle of the island where the BitShares catamaran fleet will drop anchor when not decentralized.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 01:44:44 PM

Here is Fuzzy's list of cool BitShares Projects.

...And this isn't even talking about Chinese initiatives (like selling shares in berkshire hathaway)...

Now that is interesting...I've been whacked around by the stock market for some time, and was toying with the idea of getting into Bitshares so I could offer Assets tied to the Dow, S&P 500, and a few popular stocks.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:58:39 PM

Yes!  Check out the earlier post in this thread from Baozougongqinwang (Rampaging Prince Gong)!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=940298.msg10530722#msg10530722

They are offering a mix of VC crowdfunding and reselling affordable micro shares out of major stocks.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 03:39:09 PM

Yes!  Check out the earlier post in this thread from Baozougongqinwang (Rampaging Prince Gong)!

They are offering a mix of VC crowdfunding and reselling affordable micro shares out of major stocks.

So what you're saying is, there's no interest in a suite of Bitshares Assets that mimic already-listed major stocks. Thanks.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:49:16 PM

So what you're saying is, there's no interest in a suite of Bitshares Assets that mimic already-listed major stocks. Thanks.

No, just the opposite.  I'm saying your idea has been validated by other professionals who got some VC funds to try it. 
The arena is still wide open for innovation by early movers...

Smiley
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 04:41:40 PM

No, just the opposite.  I'm saying your idea has been validated by other professionals who got some VC funds to try it. 
The arena is still wide open for innovation by early movers...

Smiley

You mean, by issuing them and adding them to the Bitshares ecosystem? Wouldn't that require all delegates to add the stock prices to their feeds?

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:34:14 PM

It depends on how you want to do it.

If you go with Market Pegged Assets (MPA), then the answer is yes and you have a trustless decentralized asset.

If you go with User Issued Assets (UIA), then no, you back the asset with an IOU to trade it at a spread around the price of the real stock and you become a centralized point of trust.  This means success depends on your reputation or you should team with someone who has a public reputation.

The two approaches can coexist on one blockchain, giving lots of options for various business models.

With MPAs like, say, BitBTC, you need to convince the delegates that there is enough demand to be worth the effort of publishing a feed.  Over time, this will get easier.

A good approach would be to start out with a UIA, prove there is demand, then petition the delegates with that evidence to offer a MPA version.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:50:42 PM

Wolf puppies look a lot like dog puppies, so this btswolf (Erstes deutsches BitShares InfoPortal) post still qualifies for our special "almost puppies" rate:

The same about bunnies

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:39:07 AM

Oh, man!  That pegged my cute-o-meter.
You gotta warn me before you go posting something like that!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:53:45 PM

WTF is this? "BitShares loves puppies" got another meaning after

I suggest to start a new thread. FUDers have won this battle against your marketing team.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: