Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:02:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares Loves Puppies  (Read 23151 times)
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:29:54 AM

Looks like the Bush beans guy has no idea that his Dog just let out a chemical warfare attack on him.

Yup, yet another good reason (of millions  Cheesy ) that cats>dogs, especially in confined spaces like RV cabs.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 04:25:32 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 12:58:05 AM by StanLarimer

If you are a puppy lover and live in one of these countries you will soon be able to have physical silver shipped to your door using BitSilver to pay.

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong SAR China
Iceland
Ireland
Isle of Man
Israel
Japan
Luxembourg
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal
Romania
Singapore
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
United Kingdom
United States
Vatican city

The nice thing about that is you can lock in your price in 10 seconds rather that waiting days for your wired funds to get there.

Instant off ramp.

Cryptosmith just announced the details here:  BitSilver to Silver Website Contstruction Has Begun

EDIT  7/30/15: 

WARNING
THE OWNER OF THIS BUSINESS HAS DISAPPEARED AND WE ARE UNABLE TO CONTACT HIM. 
I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU USE THIS SERVICE AT THIS TIME.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:45:28 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 12:14:59 AM by StanLarimer

Sad to see another centralized exchange get into trouble.  This hurts us all.

But this is also exactly what the BitShares Decentralized Exchange was designed to solve.  Even if you're not ready to invest in BitShares, you can still use its services to control your own destiny.

You run the exchange and control all your own keys!

You always keep your assets in your own wallet and you can then trade between them without anything leaving your wallet, accomplishing the same thing you do on centralized exchanges.  Instead of continuous 24x7 exposure of your assets to hackers on a centralized exchange, this now only happens for the few minutes you spend moving through a gateway or bridge when you want to get your hands on the actual asset.

Most of the time, you don't really want the asset, you want the exposure to that asset's price characteristics.  So you hold market pegged bitAssets that track the value of other commodities and currencies. This lets you hop around between bitUSD, bitGold, bitCNY, bitSilver, bitEUR, bitBTC and BTS without leaving your BitShares wallet.  This set will grow, but that's a pretty good mix for trading against big movements in crypto vs. fiat.

And it stays in your own wallet where moths and rust do not consume and thieves don't break in to steal.

The chances of a hacker timing their hack to the moment you are using a centralized gateway to move in and out of the BitShares Decentralized Exchange is vanishingly small.  And you can pick your gateway at the last minute from a growing list of options.

This way, you can quickly move from the BitShares Decentralized Exchange into your favorite leading coin just in time to spend it.

And earn a bit of interest in the mean time.

Details here on reddit.
EvilDave

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:49:10 AM

Regardless of the rivalry  Cool  between NXT and BTS, I think we both agree that people in crypto should get away from the use of centralised exchanges.
Pretty much every major crypto heist can be traced back to an exchange security lapse (or theft by the operators).
De-centralised/distributed exchanges allow all the fun of crypto trading, without the risks of keeping your funds on the exchange.

Stans probably going to get drowned in NXT'ers pointing this out.......but NXT has had the MultiGateWay decentralised exchange up and running for the last 6 months, and the MGW tech has been integrated into SuperNET, offering even more trading opportunities.
For example: purchasing alt-coins with fiat via the integrated Coinomat plug-in.

NXT MultiGateWay currently supports:

And here are a few links:

http://multigateway.org/
https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/
https://coinomat.com/
http://www.supernet.org/

Cats are conclusively better than dogs, it turns out.  Wink

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 02:10:31 AM

It's time that dogs and cats unite to wean the world to the wonders of decentralized exchanges.

As a peace offering, I will not publish the following graphic as originally intended.  Smiley

Once we have the world properly educated, we can resume our regularly scheduled discourse.

EvilDave

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:54:09 PM

OMG! That is the most vicious and underhanded anti-cat FUD I've ever seen on this forum !
It's becoming obvious that Stan (if that is indeed his name) is simply a paid shill for the shadowy 'Scooby group'.

In rebuttal, according to my exhaustive research:
If we assume that there are 30 million cats in the continental USA, and (according to Stans own figures) 300 cases of rabies, then the chance of the average cat owner being savagely disembowelled by a rabid Fluffy is one in 100,000. Which is perfectly acceptable, IMHO

If we also assume that there are, lets say, 81 dogs in the USA, then we come to the unavoidable conclusion that 100% of all dogs have rabies.
As well as fleas.
And a habit of sniffing each others arses, not that thats completely wrong.

I rest my case.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 04:18:13 PM

I'm still in favor of working together to convert the world into users of decentralized exchanges, but dang, we're going to have to do something about all those cats sooner or later...

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:25:07 PM

This just in about Max Wright's Amazon Number 1 Bestseller: BitShares 101:

chapter 6 and 7 both have updates.

they can be found at

www.bitshares.tv/chapter6
www.bitshares.tv/chapter7

They contain videos which are also helpful.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:20:22 AM

Today I'd like to highlight one of the most promising applications of BitShares.
This is going to be big, so you might as well know about it now.

This is a BitShares delegate proposal from one of the biggest, most respected names in crypto-China:

Baozougongqinwang
(Rampaging Prince Gong)

His company, DACx, is going to revolutionize how new companies raise startup capital.

Hey everyone. Long time no see. I am James Gong, aslo known as Baozou (Rampaging Prince Gong) in the Chinese community.

Recently there is a lot of focus on the business of payment through cryptocurrency, though I see great potential in international payment through cryptocurrency, I still believe it will not stimulate large-scale personal demand for any application to have a sustainable growth. However the need to raise capital and to invest is there every day and numerous barriers to go from Angel, to VC, to PE and securities regulatory committee is a process only few can scrape through, if my team and I manage to shorten the tunnel and lower the cost, it would really solve problems and create values to the world.

On November 19th, the Chinese Premier Li Keqiang held the state executive conference of the state council, demanding to construct a speed micro-finance system in the capital market and first proposed a pilot program of "equity crowdfunding". In China, in order to get listed, companies need to go through years of complex procedures and limits, causing the small and medium sized companies' difficulties in capital raising, which explained a lot why all these crowdfunding platforms mushroomed in the past year. My team and I are pushing forward our own crowdfunding platform DACx, in the hope to take crowdfunding platforms to the next step: the facilitation of exit after investment.

The liquidity of capital is what investors care about the most, if an investment has very limited exit channels, or worse, when the investors are not sure how to get out later, they will not even consider this particular investment. The exit of investors is a demanding, time-sensitive and very hard job to be done. Any centralized exchange that is yet approved by the government would face huge pressure and legal risks, as evidenced in the last couple attempts occurred in China with the ending of none standing still. However, the block chain technology offers unprecedented opportunities as it will belong to no country and it has no centralized servers or operational institutions to be destroyed.

Hence, what DACx is different from all the uprising crowdfunding programs in and outside of our crypto-currency world, is that DACx not only offers platform that allows investors throughout the world to easily give in for programs on a decentralized crypto-asset platform, it gives investors the right to exit from the first day, and this might be first in the history. This feature might also attract traditional VCs and PEs as they need to go through an extended period of time in roder to get back their investment. Furthermore, liquidity adds more value to the shares. The prices of shares that can be traded in an open market is a world different from those that are not. A quick look into the legal persons’ shares or the price gap between PTS and AGS can help with the picture here.                  

DACx has done a thorough research on protocols of the decentralized crypto-assets and came to the conclusion that BitShares can best suit our purposes. First of all, on BitShares, it's easy to issue BTA (BitAssets) that can be traded globally on the decentralized built-in exchange based on the block chain technology. Secondly, BitShares holders formed a caring and hardworking community that passed many real-world tests in the process of its development. Furthermore, the circulation of BitCNY and BitUSD and other BitAssets that are pegged to its fiat counterparties made BitShares even more ideal for a global crowdfunding technology. Because investors would hardly invest using a crypto-currency like Bitcoin that is notoriously volatile, because despite all of its benefits including the convenience when making international transactions, as then they would be facing a complicated combination of two risks. BitCNY and BitUSD come in very handy in this situation as first, the investment and settlement can be done in the traditional sense of fiat currency and the value carried by them could still flow all around the world barrier-free and second, acceptance dealers would allow investors to invest without really holding a geeky wallet thus welcoming more people who are not familiar with the cryptocurrency idea.

After the crowdfunding process, investors can trade their shares on the decentralized built-in exchange on the first day. For DACx, it would serve as a supporting platform for small and medium sized companies, various projects and programs to meet their investors of a spectrum of capital size. For BitShares, DACx will take the most advantage of the protocol, profoundly promote its brand and usage.

That is why DACx will help traditional companies to issue their own shares using the BitShares technology. We have already launched the crowdfunding of the first project "BitShares PLAY" on our platform, raising more than 2,500,000 RMB in the first week. In order to legally protect our investors we need fundraisers to transfer their shares or rights to earnings to be held in trust of a equity trust company who will release issue BTA. In this case, the legal share holder of the shares given out to investors is the equity trust company, who will claim all the rights of investors.

Standing from this point of view, we believe this has a shot of becoming the killer app of the block chain. To simplify capital raising and investment in a global scale will be truly extraordinary. Fundraising globally is not a novelty in the industry of mining, but it remains too geeky to the outside world. DACx seeks to standardize and simplify the whole process to benefit more with the invention of the block chain technology by making this inside game a smooth channel for funding for more in need.

DACx will be serving the role of investment banks, providing financial service and solution package. Since DACx itself is not an exchange, so it will not bear too many legal controversies, and at the same time upon the advice of our legal team, DACx will follow the case of ADR to provide a BDR (Bit Depositary Receipt’s) to crowdfund in order to avoid unnecessary legal problems.

This project has jumpstarted in our office that is based in Xintiandi, Shanghai since last year after we got our seed investment from a world famous VC. The team consists of experts in the cryptocurrency industry, professionals from traditional investment banks like Merrill Lynch and seasoned legal team in the crypto-financial services.

On behalf of DACx, I've made the decision to run for 100% delegate. Beginning from the translation of BitShares whitepaper, I have been a believer and a promoter till now, and now combined with DACx team's contribution, what our coherent would do for the promotion and devleopment of Bitshares will be even greater in every endeavor in a very long time. I wish for the support from the community.

None of what we are trying to do can happen without the contribution of the whole community and the BitShares technology. I'd like to express my sincere gratitude.

Our Delegate: dacx.baozou
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:50:32 AM

This article, Is Bitcoin Truly Decentralized? Yes – and Here Is Why It’s Important, by Erik Voorhees in Bitcoin Magazine is several weeks old, but still worth commenting on.

The key tl;dr quote is:

So isn’t Bitcoin’s claim of decentralization a lie?

No.

And here’s why: to understand Bitcoin one must understand the difference between coercive centralization and market-based centralization. Bitcoin possesses the latter, but avoids the former, and that is a crucial distinction.

1.  I agree with its premise that there is a great difference between coercive and market-based centralization.

This is an argument useful for answering my favorite troll who tends to mix his objections to coercion with solutions that people are free to adopt or not, as it serves their needs.  

2.  I don't agree that market-based centralization is harmless.

It doesn't seem hard to imagine that big governments and institutions could at any time be controlling Bitcoin's half-dozen biggest mining operations without our knowledge. Decentralization is needed to prevent corruption that comes with the ability of people in power to seduce or coerce a small number of players.  Whether that number is small due to market forces or coercive forces, the vulnerability still exists.

Now, since decentralization has its costs, every free person must decide how much decentralization is enough.  This will vary from activity to activity.  I don't need much decentralization to buy an ebook.  I need a lot more to protect my retirement nest egg.

How to balance decentralization cost vs. immunity from corruption is the question that interests me.

I think we should be exploring many solutions.  Who knows what we will learn by comparing them in action?
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:28:20 AM

OMG! That is the most vicious and underhanded anti-cat FUD I've ever seen on this forum !
It's becoming obvious that Stan (if that is indeed his name) is simply a paid shill for the shadowy 'Scooby group'.

In rebuttal, according to my exhaustive research:
If we assume that there are 30 million cats in the continental USA, and (according to Stans own figures) 300 cases of rabies, then the chance of the average cat owner being savagely disembowelled by a rabid Fluffy is one in 100,000. Which is perfectly acceptable, IMHO

If we also assume that there are, lets say, 81 dogs in the USA, then we come to the unavoidable conclusion that 100% of all dogs have rabies.
As well as fleas.
And a habit of sniffing each others arses, not that thats completely wrong.

I rest my case.

Oi, you need to understand the demographic of the relationship between the dog vs. cat rationale first there bud. If we can assume X number of Cats dwell in a home compared to dogs you can then determine what your target audience should be. Say you just want to slowly weed out all the dogs and make cats the dominant species, I guess you could mess with cats DNA and breed them with tigers. Ever hear of a Liger? It's a lion and tiger mix and as big as a saber-toothed tiger, I don't know any dog that could compete with that.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:44:38 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 02:08:43 PM by StanLarimer

BitShares has, of course, been anticipating such a nefarious development...

EvilDave

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:46:33 PM

Looks like we'll need to speed up our Catzilla® breeding program.....anyone know where we can get some open source T. rex DNA?

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:38:46 PM

Top coinmarketcap.com assets by volume.

tzpardi

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:11:35 AM

The DACx proposal sounds really interesting.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:16:29 PM

Where could I read about that DACx?

PS: I was googling for a cute puppy and found one with uncanny valley effect. Open the link only if you have very good mental health and don't mind if it visits you in a nightmare tonight - http://images.forwallpaper.com/files/images/c/c35a/c35a9122/334564/dogs-animals-computer-bald.jpg
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:54:44 AM

Now that is an enthusiastic dog!  
The keyboard has nothing to do with it.
I've seen that look before.
I can tell he just learned about BitShares!

See Baozougongqinwang a few posts above for DACx announcement.

http://dacx.com/
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:08:49 AM

LOL, I saw it 2 days ago but didn't memorize the name. Maybe it's too generic. I expected that DACx was an "extended" DAC (like DPoS vs PoS), not a company.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:48:20 PM

Sorted alphabetically, BitShares holds all of the top 5 asset slots on coinmarketcap.com...

Just sayin'...

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:53:47 PM

Sorted alphabetically, BitShares holds all of the top 5 asset slots on coinmarketcap.com...

Just sayin'...

The alphabetical sorter seems to be broken:

BitUSD
BitCNY
BitGold
BitBTC
BitSilver

We can't trust the data...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: