Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:35:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] GS Server PSUs, boards & kits, Stickminers, GPU riser power, made in USA  (Read 15941 times)
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:39:59 AM

Yes, go right ahead. Also, Scrappy, I've been meaning to formally apologize for telling you to calm down about and be patient about the Technobit minion boards you ordered. Turns out I was quite wrong, and it only looked like they were actually working hard to get things taken care of. I never saw a single board of the 50-odd I was supposed to get for hosting for multiple customers. So yeah, you go right ahead and sell off those PSUs since I know that's what they were for.

Ty Brother for that. I am sitting on a fat stack of cables man!! LOL Not to mention boards and PSU's. Perhaps send me a pm? I called you once like 2 years ago and lost the number. (I ordered an asicminer mod) Smiley I need this stuff gone man. Any help Greatly appreciated!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1847

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:55:06 AM

Well, if it helps, I'm just about out of standing stock on DPS2K stuff for probably close to a week. So, to anyone that wants DPS2K gear, talk to Scrappy instead because he actually has more than I do right now.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:28:21 AM

ADDITIONALLY - I have modded D750 PSUs (4 16AWG 18" cables hard-soldered, and an on/off jumper) for $32 for a limited time. I'm offering this with in mind the people who got burned by Bitmain's $99 price hike on S5s. I know it's not a lot but every bit helps, and that's what we at Gekkoscience try to do is help.

I have a limited quantity at present so it might take a day or two to ship. I think I can still ship the same as 750W kits, 3 PSUs to a $15 flat-rate box inside the US.

Do the 4 soldered cables have 6 pin PCIe connectors on them or are they just bare cables?  Also sorry if this has been answered before, but I know the D750 boards have some kind of fan control.  Does this reduce the incredible noise those fans make?

Thanks.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:00:36 PM

Nope, no features so no fan control - just six 6-pin cables and an on/off jumper. It's more of a bare industrial solution, really.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:38:56 AM

As an update - D750 boards are back in stock. We're still manufacturing so there might be a day or two delay in shipping an order but all parts are in.

We are, unfortunately, almost out of PSUs (probably less than 10 available right now) but I should be restocking this weekend.

DPS2K stuff is still in stock for the time being.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:15:32 AM

We have stock of everything right now.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:48:57 PM

So, some updates. We're running low on everything except cables. 750W stuff is inbound, but we're getting pretty dry on DPS2K material.

Scrappy just got ahold of me and he still has plenty of stock of the stuff I sold him last fall for those Technobit Minion boards which never appeared.

So if anyone wants 750W stuff, please be patient. Anyone wanting DPS2K stuff, contact Scrappy Do. Anyone wanting mining hardware, probably avoid Technobit.

Oh speaking of mining hardware, I've been busy for the last month or so working on stuff for the Bitmain BM1384 (the chip on the S5) and hopefully in a week or so I'll be distributing some prototypes for testing and review for a USB stick miner I expect to run 8GH at stock power (2.5W) but capable of 16GH if you got a good enough hub. It integrates adjustable core voltage too. I know I know, complain about how USB miners never have an ROI (which is false, they don't have positive ROI and I twitch every time someone misuses that term) but this thing should be a really nifty and affordable way to learn the basics of mining, and the basics of hardware manipulation by under/overclocking and under/overvolting which can be pretty fun. The next task will be a two-chip stick miner designed to run at least 30-35GH if you have a really good hub (stock will probably be about 16GH) and then a full 18-chip board made to be run either standalone as a quiet desktop miner or four of them would mount on an S1 chassis and turn it into an improved S5 (with adjustable voltage so a better bottom-end efficiency).

But the point of this BUMP is to let people know we're running low on PSU stuff and Scrappy Do is selling off his dozen or so DPS-2000BB PSUs that are probably still in the box I sent them in last August so if you need 'em get 'em from him.

mrkubanftw

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 05:05:53 PM

Hi there,

What would you charge for PCI-E cables with no hook on the end? Basically 6 pin to bare wire? I need about 8.
mrkubanftw

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 05:11:10 PM

So, some updates. We're running low on everything except cables. 750W stuff is inbound, but we're getting pretty dry on DPS2K material.

Scrappy just got ahold of me and he still has plenty of stock of the stuff I sold him last fall for those Technobit Minion boards which never appeared.

So if anyone wants 750W stuff, please be patient. Anyone wanting DPS2K stuff, contact Scrappy Do. Anyone wanting mining hardware, probably avoid Technobit.

Oh speaking of mining hardware, I've been busy for the last month or so working on stuff for the Bitmain BM1384 (the chip on the S5) and hopefully in a week or so I'll be distributing some prototypes for testing and review for a USB stick miner I expect to run 8GH at stock power (2.5W) but capable of 16GH if you got a good enough hub. It integrates adjustable core voltage too. I know I know, complain about how USB miners never have an ROI (which is false, they don't have positive ROI and I twitch every time someone misuses that term) but this thing should be a really nifty and affordable way to learn the basics of mining, and the basics of hardware manipulation by under/overclocking and under/overvolting which can be pretty fun. The next task will be a two-chip stick miner designed to run at least 30-35GH if you have a really good hub (stock will probably be about 16GH) and then a full 18-chip board made to be run either standalone as a quiet desktop miner or four of them would mount on an S1 chassis and turn it into an improved S5 (with adjustable voltage so a better bottom-end efficiency).

But the point of this BUMP is to let people know we're running low on PSU stuff and Scrappy Do is selling off his dozen or so DPS-2000BB PSUs that are probably still in the box I sent them in last August so if you need 'em get 'em from him.

BTW this project is amazing... i would love to be involved with the proto's unless they are all spoken for!
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:17:20 PM

Hi there,

What would you charge for PCI-E cables with no hook on the end? Basically 6 pin to bare wire? I need about 8.

Depends on length.

mrkubanftw

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 05:52:00 PM

Hi there,

Depends on length.

Are you splicing your own 6 pin connectors onto wire? Or do you have pre-cut lengths?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:17:27 PM

We make our own cables from bulk wire and crimp parts.

mrkubanftw

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 07:13:12 PM

We make our own cables from bulk wire and crimp parts.

What can ya do on price for ( 8 ) 18" without spades?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:42:14 PM

How's $2.35 apiece sound?

mrkubanftw

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:56:31 PM

Sounds great, ill shoot you a pm.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:31:23 PM

Bump for we've got a fresh batch of 750W gear in stock (PSUs, boards, whatever).

I'm pretty much out of stock on DPS2K hardware. If Scrappy Do (mentioned above) still has some gear, buy it from him. He got rolled over pretty hard by Technobit and, after buying a bunch of PSUs from us (that did get delivered) and a butt-ton of Minion boards from Technobit (that probably never actually existed, and certainly were never delivered) he's not doing so hot. So if you want 2KW stuff talk to him first.

We're also working on something for the cheapskates, a basic Dell 750W PSU with hard-soldered 18" cables, zero fan speed control and a jump header to turn it on and off. $32 apiece, minimum order ten, allow at least a full day for assembly.

Also I don't know if anyone here is following our miner dev thread on the Hardware forum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995675.0) but the BM1384 (AntMiner S5 chip) stickminer is nearing completion. I should have a few sent out within a few days to eight testers to verify they work properly and do in fact exist, then I'll announce the full product specs and start taking orders. It will, unfortunately, be a preorder scenario (at least initially) because economies of scale and limited-funding dev project and such. But if a USB stick miner that'll do about 8GH off stock USB power and is clockable up to about 12GH off a 0.9A USB port (or higher if you can keep everything cool), with built-in voltage adjustment for over and underclocking, is something you're interested in (if nothing else, for a great learning tool), keep an eye out in the next couple weeks.

Scrappy Do

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:03:40 AM

Bump for we've got a fresh batch of 750W gear in stock (PSUs, boards, whatever).

I'm pretty much out of stock on DPS2K hardware. If Scrappy Do (mentioned above) still has some gear, buy it from him. He got rolled over pretty hard by Technobit and, after buying a bunch of PSUs from us (that did get delivered) and a butt-ton of Minion boards from Technobit (that probably never actually existed, and certainly were never delivered) he's not doing so hot. So if you want 2KW stuff talk to him first.

We're also working on something for the cheapskates, a basic Dell 750W PSU with hard-soldered 18" cables, zero fan speed control and a jump header to turn it on and off. $32 apiece, minimum order ten, allow at least a full day for assembly.

Also I don't know if anyone here is following our miner dev thread on the Hardware forum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995675.0) but the BM1384 (AntMiner S5 chip) stickminer is nearing completion. I should have a few sent out within a few days to eight testers to verify they work properly and do in fact exist, then I'll announce the full product specs and start taking orders. It will, unfortunately, be a preorder scenario (at least initially) because economies of scale and limited-funding dev project and such. But if a USB stick miner that'll do about 8GH off stock USB power and is clockable up to about 12GH off a 0.9A USB port (or higher if you can keep everything cool), with built-in voltage adjustment for over and underclocking, is something you're interested in (if nothing else, for a great learning tool), keep an eye out in the next couple weeks.

Thank you so much for the mention Sidehack. Very outstanding person you are. I have at least 6 boards and PSU's I can spare of the 2000w and 3 or 4 of the 750w boards and PSUs. CABLES FOR DAYS!!!! In various lengths as well. I am willing to make deals so please send me a message if interested. This stuff needs a home, or as the wife says, "Well it ain't doing nothing now so it has got to go. You have enough shit in here as is."
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:38:39 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 03:30:32 AM by sidehack

Yeah, I'm pretty much at the bottom of my stash of 2KW gear. Buy this guy's. He's been screwed enough and needs a break.

Scrappy, you ever get anything out of Technobit or are they still MIA?

Oh also, not sure if anyone's following the dev over in the hardware thread but we're about ready to start selling BM1384 stickminers (the same chip on the S5) that come in around 0.3W/GH with adjustable clock and voltage. It's technically a preorder, but if you've been watching the dev and review threads you know there's zero dev cost or time coming from the "preorder" funding. It's already designed and thoroughly tested, with test units delivered to 8 other people for review and such. Sales will go to bulk purchase of parts and I start building 'em and shipping as soon as the parts come in. MacEntyre is going to be manufacturing for Europe sales and valkir will be arranging a Canada group buy.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:43:45 AM

Bump for Compac information added, and a bit of stress put on that we're out of DPS2K boards (though have PSUs available) and folks should get ahold of Scrappy Do to buy his stock.

Scrappy Do

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:58:53 AM

Bump for Compac information added, and a bit of stress put on that we're out of DPS2K boards (though have PSUs available) and folks should get ahold of Scrappy Do to buy his stock.

Thank you so much for help sidehack again you are top notch. I have 4 unopened 2000w boards 8 2000w psus, as well as 4 Dell 750 psus and boards. If you need them I will sell at 15% off Sides listed, you pay shipping.

I also have tons of cables from him. simply tell me what ya need.

Please help a man not get kicked out by his wife!

Scrapp' out
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: