Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Rockminer R Box w Macminer. Not sure If I have everything setup correctly  (Read 2014 times)
IamtheChosenOne (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:09:54 PM

Hey guys.. I'm sort of new with all this bitcoin mining thing. I've been trying to mine some bitcoins with my R Box 100-100ghs using  Macminer, obviously on OSX.  I've had little success so far using slush's pool. I've tried other pools but with others , all my stats stay on 0 , except the ghs and shares but unconfirmed rewards is always zero and it won't change. I have no idea if my miner is finding any blocks, though I don't think it is or else there will be some unconfirmed rewards right ? And to my surprise, now MacMiner keeps quitting unexpectedly :/ , so what I did was that I tried bitminter client and it keeps saying : Icarus detection on cu.SLAB_USBtoUART failed. Expected nonce 0.00000109 but got 0xED6A9F36 / no external devices detected. I tried already cgminer and bfgminer but they still won't detect it ! I tried almost everything.. I even installed Silabs VCP driver and everything. I also went on my windows 7 to try it right there but it still says something about icarus and I already installed zadig right there -.- I'm so frustrated. I keep changing from pool to pool but nothing !!  I'm sorry for my ignorance but could someone possibly help me out ? I would greatly appreciate it.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rptech1402

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:33:30 PM

Hey guys.. I'm sort of new with all this bitcoin mining thing. I've been trying to mine some bitcoins with my R Box 100-100ghs using  Macminer, obviously on OSX.  I've had little success so far using slush's pool. I've tried other pools but with others , all my stats stay on 0 , except the ghs and shares but unconfirmed rewards is always zero and it won't change. I have no idea if my miner is finding any blocks, though I don't think it is or else there will be some unconfirmed rewards right ? And to my surprise, now MacMiner keeps quitting unexpectedly :/ , so what I did was that I tried bitminter client and it keeps saying : Icarus detection on cu.SLAB_USBtoUART failed. Expected nonce 0.00000109 but got 0xED6A9F36 / no external devices detected. I tried already cgminer and bfgminer but they still won't detect it ! I tried almost everything.. I even installed Silabs VCP driver and everything. I also went on my windows 7 to try it right there but it still says something about icarus and I already installed zadig right there -.- I'm so frustrated. I keep changing from pool to pool but nothing !!  I'm sorry for my ignorance but could someone possibly help me out ? I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey Dude,

You would be better off getting a Raspberry Pi b+ and flash the micro sd with minera.

I'm running two 110GH/s r-boxes on my rpi hashing at antpool.com.

Cheers

--
Ross
Anonymailer
aka BitBacco

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 08:25:41 PM

Check the MacMiner forums out, people are running those boxes with it and have posted there

http://fabulouspanda.co.uk/

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:28:05 AM

Use this guide, follow the cgminer instructions not the bfgminer ones.

Mining Software Developer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: