Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:48:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoBall.io ★☆ Collective Intel for Crypto ★☆ MAJOR UPGRADE COMING SOON ☆★  (Read 2427 times)
CryptoBall.io (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 02:09:14 AM

I honestly cant see why anyone would deposit their own coin to play on this site.

1) some coin is taken from pot straight up (how can there be 0.66btc in pot when there are 72 predictions);
2) then they are only paying out about 51% - 55% of what's left;
3) they aren't paying games with 1 or 2 predictions nor are they refunding those ones. Wtf

Unless im wrong on above, once people's free predictions run out, the site will fizzle out.

Sad

Hello ALL,
Well wishes to you.

Sorry for being a little absent these last couple of days, the team’s been busy working on more exciting updates for Crypto Ball.  Looks like we’ve missed a good old bit of debate.

Firstly, it’s great to see people participating in some active conversation about Crypto Ball - so Thank You for taking the time to share your thoughts.  Now, let’s see if we can clear a few things up and make some propositions for improvement.

Q:  some coin is taken from pot straight up … If there are 72 predictions at a cost if 0.01btc, how can the pot be 0.66btc.

A:  Bitcoinexp is right on this one.  The standard price of a Prediction is 0.01 BTC, i.e if you buy just 1 Pred it’ll cost you 0.01 BTC, therefore that’s what’s added to the Pot.  However, if you buy more than 1 Pred we apply a Standard Discount (you’ll see this at the Checkout and on your Confirmation Email), e.g if you buy 25 Preds we apply a 60% Standard Discount, so the total comes out as 0.10 BTC.  In this instance each Pred is worth 0.10 / 25 = 0.004 BTC, therefore that’s what’s added to the Pot.  This seems the logical way of adding BTC to the Pot - we only add what users actually pay.

Q:  they aren't paying games with 1 or 2 predictions nor are they refunding those ones. Wtf … Refunding only if you paid kinda makes sense. But they should also allocate another free prediction to affected players. A bit unfair to lose a prediction. If another player or 2 played that game - they would have to pay out.

A:  We will always refund users if they’ve paid for their Preds and the Predictor Total is less than 3 - that way those brave enough to make the first move don’t loose out if too few people play.  The reason we have this minimum limit is to encourage a variety of Predictors to play, but also to avoid situations where one user is guaranteed to win 1st, 2nd & 3rd, thus affording them the opportunity to flood Sessions which do have lots of Predictors with loads of BTC that they only won by default.

We initially thought it was fair to not redeem the Free Preds we’ve recently given out given they were absolutely free, i.e no purchase required - in the case of the Discount Codes we’re offering, we would redeem Preds back to the Code. HOWEVER, we want our Users to be HAPPY and to feel as though they’re being treated fairly, SO …

IF YOU’VE SPENT FREE PREDS ON SESSIONS WITH LESS THAN 3 PREDICTORS AND YOU WANT THEM BACK, LETS US KNOW HERE ON THIS THREAD AND WE’LL REFUND THEM TO YOU Smiley

Q:  They state they pay out between 50% and 92% - but when I checked 6 or  so they all were 51% to 55%

A:  This has cropped up before and we’ve already increased the pay out, but again OUR USER EXPERIENCE IS OF THE UPMOST IMPORTANCE TO US - WE SINCERELY VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK AND WILL DEVELOP CRYPTO BALL BY IT.  We never intended to cheat our users out of winnings by setting the Pot share as we have, we only ever wanted to encourage more users to Predict by offering a significant incentive on larger Pots. But it seems loud and clear that we need to revise our approach.  Before we go on, it may be encouraging to note that a large proportion of the Pots in March have been filled with Free Preds on top of PreLoads - all of which is BTC Crypto Ball has put up, so in many cases people have been winning 51% to 55% of a Pot that cost them nothing to win.

Anyway, onto the really important bit…

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE POT DOES THE COMMUNITY WANT???

DO YOU WANT SOMETHING LIKE WHAT Bitcoinexp SUGGESTED - 75% to 95%? i.e the Pot starts at 75% but increases to 95% the bigger it gets (how much would have to be in the Pot for it to get to 95%?)

OR WOULD YOU PREFER A FIXED PERCENTAGE LIKE 85%, IRRESPECTIVE OF HOW MUCH IS IN THE POT?

LET US KNOW AND WE’LL DO SOME NUMBER CRUNCHING, THEN GET BACK TO YOU ALL WITH A PROPOSITION.

Hopefully you can see how serious we are about listening to our users and how willing we are to take on your feedback.  We have every confidence in the potential of Crypto Ball, but we know that it’s by listening that we’ll realise that potential.

As Bitcoinexp noted, we’re not perfect and we’re only new - to be honest we’ll never be perfect, but what we can be is humble.  We can be responsive.  We can learn.  And that’s what we’re doing now …

Warmest Wishes

Crypto Ball - Collective Intel for Crypto
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:24:17 AM

it looks like a really difficult game for me,is this like a binary trader? I can't understand it
Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:46:35 AM

it looks like a really difficult game for me,is this like a binary trader? I can't understand it
Basically you choose a certain time and date, predict on BTC/CNY or BTC/USD price. Closer you get to the value, the more BTC you get.
clubsofsteel

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:26:36 AM

hi i sent you a pm about how i ended up losing 3 .01 predictions bc not enough people played, i saw your message in the thread saying to write here!
i think that you got an awesome game, and sites running well!
can i get my 3 0.01 predictions back so i can use them on a game where more then 3 people make predictions?
thanks for letting us retry the predictions that didnt go thru because not enough people played at that time  Smiley
my email is clubsofsteel@gmail.com
thanks alot!

clubsofsteel

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:15:45 PM

i won at cryptoball with free preds! thanks cryptoball your sites pretty cool actually! i hope more people realise this! id love to be active there almost everyday! i do have a question though... how long does it take for payment to be recieved after you win? i won for the 25th but i havent recieved payment yet Tongue
if there was a way to make winning payments almost instant im sure it would make more people interested!

CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 10:43:45 PM

i won at cryptoball with free preds! thanks cryptoball your sites pretty cool actually! i hope more people realise this! id love to be active there almost everyday! i do have a question though... how long does it take for payment to be recieved after you win? i won for the 25th but i havent recieved payment yet Tongue
if there was a way to make winning payments almost instant im sure it would make more people interested!

You're very welcome, clubsofsteel.  We hope you enjoy your Reward - 0.07859125 BTC, not bad hey  Wink

At this point in time payments aren't instant.  This is to keep security water tight whilst we continue to develop the site.  Crypto Ball is still in its infancy and will have many evolutions before we can confidently say it's out of development.  In the mean time we want to provide the most enjoyable, most secure experience we can for our users.

We hope you keep enjoying Crypto Ball  Smiley

clubsofsteel

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:34:48 PM

i recieved payment for first place prize for the bet i made for the 25th Tongue
now im just waiting for my payment of 0.065 btc for my other bet on the 25th Tongue

CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 05:05:51 PM

boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:57:15 PM

This is interesting that now you are changing it from prediction to betting site with some percentage , am I right ? I have placed some prediction last month and now you made me curious to see what surprise changes are going to take place on CryptoBall.
CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 02:40:31 AM

This is interesting that now you are changing it from prediction to betting site with some percentage , am I right ? I have placed some prediction last month and now you made me curious to see what surprise changes are going to take place on CryptoBall.

You are indeed correct, but there's even more to it than that ...

It's taken us the last 4 months to gather the relevant data to do what we'll be doing, plus 18 months of research and development.  For anyone who's looked closely enough they will have seen that Crypto Ball has been dishing out BTCBTCBTC at a loss to the company.  This has all been for a reason and soon you will see why.

The next evolution of Crypto Ball will explore areas currently untouched in the world of crypto - this goes way beyond a prediction market.

Not only will users be able to bet on their Predictions in return for payouts, but we'll also be doing some cutting edge stuff with the Prediction data we receive.

Users will get the chance to test their powers of Prediction for some serious BTCBTCBTC

That's all we can say for now, but suffice it to say this is going to be exciting ...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: