Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:26:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Go long! 500-1000% within a few years!  (Read 3561 times)
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:48:51 AM

Energy stocks (preferably oil stocks) are at a six year low. One stock which usually floats around the 20-25 mark is EXXI.

At this moment, it is priced at $2.80 a share. It hasn't been this low since, of course, 2009 where oil had crashed before. Right now is an opportunity to hold this stock in the long term when the oil prices start rising back up again.

You could also get some a bit later when you see oil possibly declining even more. Other than that, if you want something with a guaranteed ROI within the next *5 years, you should hold on to this stock.

I personally will start going long if the stock reaches below 2.50. Instead of options, this time I will buy the stock itself. It's already extremely cheap.
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:03:37 AM

I agree.  Oil is bound to go up.  It's tried and true and will always see its dips and rises.  It may not reach the levels you speculate, but should be good for solid profit in the not too distant future.
thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:13:00 PM

I agree.  Oil is bound to go up.  It's tried and true and will always see its dips and rises.  It may not reach the levels you speculate, but should be good for solid profit in the not too distant future.

1,000%?

There's potential for BTC to be worth $30,000 which is 10,000%
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:37:56 PM

I agree.  Oil is bound to go up.  It's tried and true and will always see its dips and rises.  It may not reach the levels you speculate, but should be good for solid profit in the not too distant future.

1,000%?

Realistic potential? I guess you know the answer to that, but the pyramid must go on right?
People won't ever again sink money into this disaster to the likes we've seen before, which would bring about a total plutocratic system if it would be ever widely used. This project for now only knows one direction, and that's south as far the price is concerned.
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 01:01:49 PM

1,000%?

There's potential for BTCeanie BTCabies or Tulips to be worth $30,000
Yeah, why not?
Potentially.

thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:00:58 PM

I agree.  Oil is bound to go up.  It's tried and true and will always see its dips and rises.  It may not reach the levels you speculate, but should be good for solid profit in the not too distant future.

1,000%?

Realistic potential? I guess you know the answer to that, but the pyramid must go on right?
People won't ever again sink money into this disaster to the likes we've seen before, which would bring about a total plutocratic system if it would be ever widely used. This project for now only knows one direction, and that's south as far the price is concerned.

Google displaying little ads on search results is worth 300 billion, why do you think BTC can't capitalize to 100 billion?
thresher

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:36:50 PM

Classic trap.  Believe me I thought the same thing when we were at $60 a barrel.  As you can tell, that did not work out to well lmao.  Embarrassed
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:42:41 PM

1,000%?

Google displaying little ads on search results is worth 300 billion, why do you think BTC can't capitalize to 100 billion?

I think it can, I however do not hype the extremely small possibility that it really happens. Many people here, because of cultism, consider it a given fact that mass adoption will happen at some point.  Bitcoin price can go to 1 cent as well, but I don't  talk about it as that is extremely unlikely to happen.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:40:52 PM

Believe me, I've invested in 2009 for EXXI and I've made that 762% gain from it. You could always wait for the price of it to go down a bit more. The only thing though is that I wish I could have invested in Bitcoin in 2009. . .
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:49:42 PM

So is oil going to come back? What if it never comes back as strong and electro vehicles start being trendy and replace the current cars?
When stocks are this low its always tempting to go hard, but im also scared im buying towards a certain crash.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:49:42 PM

Oil always goes back up. In fact, the reason oil is ever over the 100+ is because of manipulation. What they do is they cut the production of oil. This makes it more scarce which leads to price gains. Since the Saudis want to shake out the shale oil boom in the U.S, they're increasing production meaning that other companies will start to lose money because of that. The U.S has their biggest stockpile of oil since half a decade ago. They're all stockpiling so they could sell off soon.

It's also a fact that people will pay for gas even if it doubles in price.
wilth1

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:27:07 AM

UCO, USO were great buys mid-week.

Look for strength in US consumer sales/retail this quarter, also.  Everything else will probably continue to correct versus USD.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:38:22 AM

I agree.  Oil is bound to go up.  It's tried and true and will always see its dips and rises. ...

The counterargument is:

1) Oil was $20-$40/brl for a couple decades before the commodities bubble in the mid-2000s. That can maybe be considered the "normal" price.

2) Due to sustained prices >$80/brl, the world brought a lot more supply online, including US shale, and CA oil sands. That tech continues to get better and able to produce at lower price points. The supply is potentially enormous.

3) Saudi is the lowest-cost-producer and has realized that #2 plus the inevitable long-term dominance of solar (possibly gen4 nuclear in the medium term) are an existential threat to oil economies, so they may as well screw OPEC and pump like crazy while the world is still gulping oil. It won't last forever, but the lowest cost producer can profit the most by defecting from the cartel.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 02:43:38 PM

3) Saudi is the lowest-cost-producer and has realized that #2 plus the inevitable long-term dominance of solar (possibly gen4 nuclear in the medium term) are an existential threat to oil economies, so they may as well screw OPEC and pump like crazy while the world is still gulping oil. It won't last forever, but the lowest cost producer can profit the most by defecting from the cartel.

i read somewhere that oil production cost them around 6$ per barrel which is much lower then current price
however oil price increased 7% on week closing but i don't think bull will continue, atleast there is no bull trend until Saudi Arab decrease the supply(that won't happen)

Available
PM me to rent this space.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 03:04:14 PM

The price of oil is heavily manipulated. I mean the downward push is political in nature. It doesn't justify for the price to drop to so low when demand is always there coupled with uncertainly in the supply coming from producer in war torn countries. So my bet is, this is just temporarily as it will go up again very soon.

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:21:01 PM

I think you may be on to something here, will do more research first... thanks anyway.
mriulian

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:04:13 PM

guys do not forget.RUSSIANS they are still there with a lot of gas and petrol.the war from ukrainr will stop in 2-3 years.Russia will be on force.If they stop alimentation to europe..what will happen? i m from romania i m making no worries.we have the chance of having 80% percent production of our consume.but what about germany with 80% dependence of russia?
frienemy

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I was promised da moon

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:20:10 PM

guys do not forget.RUSSIANS they are still there with a lot of gas and petrol.the war from ukrainr will stop in 2-3 years.Russia will be on force.If they stop alimentation to europe..what will happen? i m from romania i m making no worries.we have the chance of having 80% percent production of our consume.but what about germany with 80% dependence of russia?

German oil and gas imports from Russia is about 30-35%. How come you think Germany is dependant to Russian oil and gas by 80%? There's lots of alternatives.

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
mriulian

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:35:02 PM

this numbers were at TV. TV it s always right
frienemy

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I was promised da moon

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:51:06 PM

this numbers were at TV. TV it s always right

LOL. I am from Germany and statistics are all over the internet stating that it's only 30-35%. It would be too damn stupid to make yourself dependent of a country by 80%.

The numbers you saw are that Germany needs to import 80% of gas and oil to satisfy domestic demand, but not that they import 80% from Russia.

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: