Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:09:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: There has got to be a bottom soon?  (Read 4098 times)
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 09:26:11 PM

sentiment is abysmal, the spec forum is overrun with bearish posts.

Perhaps one last washout when the bear market ends or... Smashes down into double digits? That will be some serious blood on the streets.

Doesn't loo like 200 will be our last stop down at the moment, but it seems perhaps this is a serious juncture in terms of cycle too.

Just writing some thoughts. keep level heads and powder dry!

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:32:24 PM

Double digits won't happen, there are way to many people waiting to buy at such price level.

Market is very unsure, really good news gets very low support while the coinbase news gets Bitcoin from  ~$160 to over $300 in just a short time while it was nothing new and exciting.
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 09:37:25 PM

Double digits won't happen, there are way to many people waiting to buy at such price level.

Market is very unsure, really good news gets very low support while the coinbase news gets Bitcoin from  ~$160 to over $300 in just a short time while it was nothing new and exciting.

The recent spike down and up seemed largely technical in nature rather than news driven to me.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:00:17 PM

TA and sentiment does indeed seem to be indicating a bottoming out point.
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:23:15 PM

Imagine the pump when the winklevii release the exchange and etf IF the coinbase exchange doubled the price.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:25:51 PM

The recent spike down and up seemed largely technical in nature rather than news driven to me.

No way,  Coinbase pump was done very well..that was all news
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:30:49 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 10:44:43 PM by gustav

too much gravity

look at uno, it doesn't give a shit  Wink

I had to stop selling because i can't get back in lower.
tbqh i stopped to care about bottoms for Bitcoin. I can't see it before the halving.
ronald98

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:40:15 AM

I doubt we have hit the bottom with two more US marshals auctions left to go.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:31:21 AM

imo bottom is already there and now it is trading at pivot point of 230$ that supporting it
we hope to see bitcoin again 260-270 next weeks
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:38:47 AM

I personally hope that this is the bottom.
If bitcoin drops down below 150$ then it will really make me cry.
I am fearful of people leaving bitcoin due to price drop and when people leave there is always a drop in demand and thus drop in prices.
anshar

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:44:00 AM

Coinbase probably made a few million from such a pump.
Poolie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:45:43 AM

It's possible and we and the miners will be in big trouble if it happens, but I don't think it will go that low. I'm hoping for a series of good news that will send the price going the other way and I think we'll get some this year but the question is how long do with have to wait?
anshar

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:46:18 AM

It's possible and we and the miners will be in big trouble if it happens, but I don't think it will go that low. I'm hoping for a series of good news that will send the price going the other way and I think we'll get some this year but the question is how long do with have to wait?

Just more miners dropping out. This is good for me, as I am a small scale cloud hasher.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:52:17 AM

Market is very unsure, really good news gets very low support while the coinbase news gets Bitcoin from  ~$160 to over $300 in just a short time while it was nothing new and exciting.

Just more miners dropping out. This is good for me, as I am a small scale cloud hasher.

Double digit is not possible. Even a 150 will make a lot of people put tons of money in. the resistance is strong.
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:03:06 PM

Market is very unsure, really good news gets very low support while the coinbase news gets Bitcoin from  ~$160 to over $300 in just a short time while it was nothing new and exciting.

Double digit is not possible. Even a 150 will make a lot of people put tons of money in. the resistance is strong.

you are saying ~55% drop in bitcoin is now impossible?
could you also tell us where did you buy your magic crystal ball?
anshar

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:10:24 PM

you are saying ~55% drop in bitcoin is now impossible?
could you also tell us where did you buy your magic crystal ball?

Its very much possible and has happened.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 12:28:25 PM

I agree, the more it gets lower, the higher the resistance. The order book in exchangers will not reflect this but I'm sure, if it suddenly drops to $100, imagine the amount of funds serious buyers are willing to put in to grab the coins.

anshar

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:33:03 PM

I agree, the more it gets lower, the higher the resistance. The order book in exchangers will not reflect this but I'm sure, if it suddenly drops to $100, imagine the amount of funds serious buyers are willing to put in to grab the coins.

Over 7000btc is dumped every day to cover mining costs. I dont think bids can take those hits.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:36:57 PM

exactly, i doubt double digits will happen, im the first one whos waiting for something like that to happen and invest, and i think there are tons of ppl that think the same.
people are starting to think of their investment in terms of 5+years, and they're pretty sure they will make a profit.
thelibertycap

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:03:05 PM

exactly, i doubt double digits will happen, im the first one whos waiting for something like that to happen and invest, and i think there are tons of ppl that think the same.
people are starting to think of their investment in terms of 5+years, and they're pretty sure they will make a profit.

short term trading spikes are usually irrational and form a true top or bottom.
bitfinex leveraged shorts are for sure greedy and it is not easy to wipe them out and convert to the long side.

there is no better cure for low prices than lower prices.

where are all those people proclaiming how they are going to buy shitload of coins $200? well maybe they did or were too late but it was not enough to support the price that managed to fall to ~$150.

there is a bitcoin hard fork ahead of us and its popularity is not very high.
in other thread people laughed me off as this little gavin project, a bitcoin hardfork, is certainly below the radar and has miniscule impact on prices but we are getting closer to that day with every week and i just can't see a true rally until this is resolved.
some people might put off buying millions just to be sure bitcoin is not fucked and everything went alright y know

i expect the price to oscillate around these levels but who knows what black swan might happen.

i converted 1/4 of my btc i bought @$160 to altcoins already.
the altcoin scene is in better shape than ever - if you are a contrarian
the church of satoshi members might start to see the value in other forks and not just in gavincoin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:23:51 PM

well we already hit the bottom, remember the sub 200? that's the bottom, expecting double digit is stupid, not gonna happen, unless some major thing will destroy btc in some way
thelibertycap

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

well we already hit the bottom, remember the sub 200? that's the bottom, expecting double digit is stupid, not gonna happen, unless some major thing will destroy btc in some way

yes it is stupid but thinking it can't go lower than that and still 'recover not being destroyed at all and stronger than ever' is also stupid.
calci

Activity: 168

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:41:25 PM

Perhaps one last washout when the bear market ends or... Smashes down into double digits? That will be some serious blood on the streets.

Doesn't loo like 200 will be our last stop down at the moment, but it seems perhaps this is a serious juncture in terms of cycle too.

Didn't we already hit bottom twice ? The first at 275$ level, and the second at 152$ level .
A new bottom would be questionable for now and unlikely to happen.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:47:38 PM

Over 7000btc is dumped every day to cover mining costs. I dont think bids can take those hits.

Making up facts is fun isn't it?
elephantas1

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:44:25 PM

do you have any proof like an article or something? because if not you just wrote various numbers didnt you?
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 07:52:48 PM

Good point. Coinbase's recent advertising:

To the moon!" This will be embarrassing to Coinbase in front of a judge and jury.

Here's how the SEC defines a "pump and dump":

“Pump-and-dump” schemes involve the touting of a company’s stock (typically small, so-called “microcap” companies) through false and misleading statements to the marketplace. These false claims could be made on social media such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as on bulletin boards and chat rooms. Pump-and-dump schemes often occur on the Internet where it is common to see messages posted that urge readers to buy a stock quickly or to sell before the price goes down, or a telemarketer will call using the same sort of pitch. Often the promoters will claim to have “inside” information about an impending development or to use an “infallible” combination of economic and stock market data to pick stocks. In reality, they may be company insiders or paid promoters who stand to gain by selling their shares after the stock price is “pumped” up by the buying frenzy they create. Once these fraudsters “dump” their shares and stop hyping the stock, the price typically falls, and investors lose their money.

Sound familiar?

Getting venture capital and opening a US-based Bitcoin exchange is fine. Coinbase seems determined to promote it wrong. The "to the moon" hype, the false claims of being licensed and regulated, and the free trading to get volume are all bad signs.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:43:20 PM

Making up facts is fun isn't it?

yea.  i think either his math is a bit off, or just clueless.
fat buddah

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:48:17 PM

something like  a hardfork without consensus? Will you support Gavincoin? I for one will use litecoin and other coins instead of bitcoin later because i'm only a little man with a normal internet connection and only 500GB harddrive.

gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:31:38 PM

AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:14:21 AM

I can back this, at least 3 of my friends /colleagues whom i have talked about bitcoin were saying (=laymen, not at all familiar with the technicality, future prospects of the tech) that below 100 $ they want to buy a coin, just for the "who knows what" prospect.

And this is only my non "bitcoin trained" personal circle, who wants to get in based on mostly negative MSM reports. I can see millions of layman asking a bitcoin knowing friend to buy them some if/when/at below 100$, so double digits could not hold for a sec.
fred930

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:19:30 AM

I can back this, at least 3 of my friends /colleagues whom i have talked about bitcoin were saying (=laymen, not at all familiar with the technicality, future prospects of the tech) that below 100 $ they want to buy a coin, just for the "who knows what" prospect.

And this is only my non "bitcoin trained" personal circle, who wants to get in based on mostly negative MSM reports. I can see millions of layman asking a bitcoin knowing friend to buy them some if/when/at below 100$, so double digits could not hold for a sec.

If it did go to double digits it would cause problems with miners shutting down.
AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:22:51 AM

Good point. Coinbase's recent advertising:

Here's how the SEC defines a "pump and dump":

“Pump-and-dump” schemes involve the touting of a company’s stock (typically small, so-called “microcap” companies) through false and misleading statements to the marketplace. These false claims could be made on social media such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as on bulletin boards and chat rooms. Pump-and-dump schemes often occur on the Internet where it is common to see messages posted that urge readers to buy a stock quickly or to sell before the price goes down, or a telemarketer will call using the same sort of pitch. Often the promoters will claim to have “inside” information about an impending development or to use an “infallible” combination of economic and stock market data to pick stocks. In reality, they may be company insiders or paid promoters who stand to gain by selling their shares after the stock price is “pumped” up by the buying frenzy they create. Once these fraudsters “dump” their shares and stop hyping the stock, the price typically falls, and investors lose their money.

Sound familiar?

Getting venture capital and opening a US-based Bitcoin exchange is fine. Coinbase seems determined to promote it wrong. The "to the moon" hype, the false claims of being licensed and regulated, and the free trading to get volume are all bad signs.

Except the fact that BTC is not a "company stock" for Coinbase, they have not promised anything in a written contract (pictures of a rocket, space, and the Moon does not constitute as far as i know), social media has no special law requirements compared to a man screaming in the street (they are the same in the face of law), BTC is not even a stock, so stock market regulation can not apply. And a thousand other legal and logical problems with the above sentiment by SEC (which is alos an USA only institute and can not deal with a global phenomenon as it is).
TheWiseandUnwise

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:48:52 AM

Simple fact of the matter is, there is no real bottom: The only bottom is when the movers decide otherwise.

It could be 100, 50, or 1 or 10 cents.

There is nothing real holding up the prices and market isn't moving anywhere but down, it's only a matter of time.
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:05:36 AM

Lol@thinking that anything below the previous $150 bottom is illogical.  

There is no 'law' stating what btc's market should be.  It's simply supply vs demand + investor sentiment.  Hitting single digits isn't any more out of the question than being at double or triple digits....and at this point all 3 are equally possible.    It's anybody's guess.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:22:52 AM

There is no 'law' stating what btc's market should be.  It's simply supply vs demand + investor sentiment.  Hitting single digits isn't any more out of the question than being at double or triple digits....and at this point all 3 are equally possible.    It's anybody's guess.

You think the likelihood of hitting single digits is the same as being at triple digits  Huh

Chances of being at triple digits is 100% (we're there) so your basically stating that with 100% certainty we will hit single digits.
flipstyle

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:24:54 AM

You think the likelihood of hitting single digits is the same as being at triple digits  Huh

Chances of being at triple digits is 100% (we're there) so your basically stating that with 100% certainty we will hit single digits.

I'm speaking in terms of the future, Einstein. The chances of being at single or double digits is just about as probable as it is being in the triple digits a year from now.
dreamspark

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:27:31 AM

I'm speaking in terms of the future, Einstein. The chances of being at single or double digits is just about as probable as it is being in the triple digits a year from now.

It really isn't but your free to think what you like.
flipstyle

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:29:01 AM

Oh, I get it.  Your crystal ball is cooler than all others.

Now tell me what next Sunday's winning Powerbucks lotto numbers are.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:30:07 AM

No one can predict whether there is a bottom or not or whether it sinks to double or go up to four digits

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:31:28 AM

the below chart is what keeps me up at night........then again...if bitcoin survives....'cheap coin' if not
well having all these btc and alts in my elder years is more tidy then 'collecting cats'

flip a coin time.......we are dealing with a bunch of silly hairless primates on all this ...and they do and always will like to throw 'poo'. Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dreamspark

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:32:47 AM

You're free to think what you like.
flipstyle

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:35:00 AM

You're free to think what you like.

Indeed, which is why I posted what I posted...as you also did yourself. 
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:53:57 AM

Back in the days of $1200 coins, I recall most posters saying "sub 1000 won't happen, there are way too many people waiting to buy at such price level".

This phrase was repeated all the way down to where we are now: "sub 700 won't happen", "sub 600 won't happen", etc.

Try googling the word "sentiment". You might learn a thing or two.

Double and single digits will happen, btw. They'll happen in 2015. And price won't magically rebound. It'll stay low for the rest of Bitcoin's history, reflecting the true value of this blockchain experiment.

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:58:35 AM

Back in the days of $1200 coins, I recall most posters saying "sub 1000 won't happen, there are way too many people waiting to buy at such price level".

This phrase was repeated all the way down to where we are now: "sub 700 won't happen", "sub 600 won't happen", etc.

Actually I use your posts as a reverse indicator to make money. How's that for sentiment?
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:02:24 AM

Actually I use your posts as a reverse indicator to make money.

Good for you. Then I guess you should buy all those "cheap coins" right now? 3600 new "cheap coins" are created every day. Please gobble them all up. Take up some more loans to finance your gambling habit, leaving you even deeper in the red.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:09:00 AM

Is somebody talking?
SANGEETH

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:16:14 AM

its hard to reach, once done its ntng
fat buddah

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:43:41 AM

No one can predict whether there is a bottom or not or whether it sinks to double or go up to four digits

I can with certainty predict it's not going to 4 digits within the next 14 months - 100% certain

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:44:53 AM

I can with certainty predict it's not going to 4 digits within the next 14 months - 100% certain

Quoted so I can later rub your fat buddah nose it it if it does  Wink
fat buddah

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:45:42 AM

LOL - yes, please.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:37:52 AM

Mister Satoshi Einstein invented gravity in 2009, and it has plagued us ever since.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:00:26 AM

Bottom is as low as people want to risk it to try to invest as low as possible (you can miss the train if you wait too much)
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 07:53:46 AM

Bottom is as low as people want to risk it to try to invest as low as possible (you can miss the train if you wait too much)

Train missing is FOMO talk. There are always more opportunities.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:33:00 AM

what train? The ghost train? Are you still FOMOing? You need lobotomy.

Quick, quick buy before you miss the ghosttrain!
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 07:48:27 PM

Well, last night's low was $208.  Around $220-$225 now.

As I point out occasionally, the two Bitcoin bubbles were driven by external illegal use cases - Silk Road drugs, and China exchange controls evasion.  Both of those holes have now been plugged.  Without a new use case that provides a similar boost, there's no reason for Bitcoin to have a value much higher than it had before the Silk Road bubble. 
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 07:52:11 PM

As I point out occasionally, the two Bitcoin bubbles were driven by external illegal use cases - Silk Road drugs, and China exchange controls evasion.  Both of those holes have now been plugged.  Without a new use case that provides a similar boost, there's no reason for Bitcoin to have a value much higher than it had before the Silk Road bubble. 

Interesting points, I think you could certainly be on to something.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:18:54 AM

We'll have a very long period at 120-220 territory imo.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:22:07 AM

We'll have a very long period at 120-220 territory imo.
Either that or this thing could be on the move to 300 before we know it, nobody knows. Some say we've bottomed while others think we have more room to move. One thing is for sure, somebody is gonna get played coming up here. Place your bets.
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:55:51 AM

Now and in a long time the bottom will be $200, let the whale to eat enough bitcoins, and then the price can pump

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:12:44 AM

why do you say that?   it's actually quite reasonable. 

despite inflation of 10% i can see btc price rise steady 10-25% per year for the next 10 years..

and btw nothing wrong with that!  let's not be greedy children.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:09:08 AM

I won't say double digits will not happen, even though I dont expect it to happen

but neither did I expect sub 300 levels.

If double digits will happen though I will probably buy as many as i can.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:22:03 PM

Well, last night's low was $208.  Around $220-$225 now.

As I point out occasionally, the two Bitcoin bubbles were driven by external illegal use cases - Silk Road drugs, and China exchange controls evasion.  Both of those holes have now been plugged.  Without a new use case that provides a similar boost, there's no reason for Bitcoin to have a value much higher than it had before the Silk Road bubble.  

..and what about trader bots Willy and Markus on MTGox?

Ya reckon 800'000 BTC worth of fraudulent 'bullish' Bitcoin trades didn't have a huge impact on the market and the price action, especially back when MtGox accounted for over 90% of all Bitcoin trades.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

That aside, I have to shake my head in disbelief at the "double digit coin can't ever happen' brigade. As exocytosis points out, such drivvle has been proclaimed on these forums all the way down for $1200 Bitcoin.

Going way way back, I always suspected that Bitcoin would bottom out somewhere in $200 range (I have been proven wrong on that already) and this was the price point that I was going to bet the house on Bitcoin. Yet here we are, right in that lower $200 range, and am I piling every spare ounce of cash I can get my hands on into Bitcoin? No! And why not? Because in the fullness of time, Bitcoin will go lower than $200, and lower than $150, and possibly lower than $100, and when the bottom is finally in, it will take a very long time for the price of Bitcoin to recover.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:02:38 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: