Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There has got to be a bottom soon?  (Read 4098 times)
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 09:26:11 PM

sentiment is abysmal, the spec forum is overrun with bearish posts.

Perhaps one last washout when the bear market ends or... Smashes down into double digits? That will be some serious blood on the streets.

Doesn't loo like 200 will be our last stop down at the moment, but it seems perhaps this is a serious juncture in terms of cycle too.

Just writing some thoughts. keep level heads and powder dry!

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:32:24 PM

Double digits won't happen, there are way to many people waiting to buy at such price level.

Market is very unsure, really good news gets very low support while the coinbase news gets Bitcoin from  ~$160 to over $300 in just a short time while it was nothing new and exciting.
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 09:37:25 PM

Double digits won't happen, there are way to many people waiting to buy at such price level.

Market is very unsure, really good news gets very low support while the coinbase news gets Bitcoin from  ~$160 to over $300 in just a short time while it was nothing new and exciting.

The recent spike down and up seemed largely technical in nature rather than news driven to me.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:00:17 PM

TA and sentiment does indeed seem to be indicating a bottoming out point.
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:23:15 PM

Imagine the pump when the winklevii release the exchange and etf IF the coinbase exchange doubled the price.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:25:51 PM

The recent spike down and up seemed largely technical in nature rather than news driven to me.

No way,  Coinbase pump was done very well..that was all news
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:30:49 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 10:44:43 PM by gustav

too much gravity

look at uno, it doesn't give a shit  Wink

I had to stop selling because i can't get back in lower.
tbqh i stopped to care about bottoms for Bitcoin. I can't see it before the halving.
ronald98

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:40:15 AM

I doubt we have hit the bottom with two more US marshals auctions left to go.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:31:21 AM

imo bottom is already there and now it is trading at pivot point of 230$ that supporting it
we hope to see bitcoin again 260-270 next weeks
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:38:47 AM

I personally hope that this is the bottom.
If bitcoin drops down below 150$ then it will really make me cry.
I am fearful of people leaving bitcoin due to price drop and when people leave there is always a drop in demand and thus drop in prices.
anshar

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:44:00 AM

No way,  Coinbase pump was done very well..that was all news

Coinbase probably made a few million from such a pump.
Poolie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:45:43 AM

It's possible and we and the miners will be in big trouble if it happens, but I don't think it will go that low. I'm hoping for a series of good news that will send the price going the other way and I think we'll get some this year but the question is how long do with have to wait?
anshar

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:46:18 AM

It's possible and we and the miners will be in big trouble if it happens, but I don't think it will go that low. I'm hoping for a series of good news that will send the price going the other way and I think we'll get some this year but the question is how long do with have to wait?

Just more miners dropping out. This is good for me, as I am a small scale cloud hasher.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:52:17 AM

Market is very unsure, really good news gets very low support while the coinbase news gets Bitcoin from  ~$160 to over $300 in just a short time while it was nothing new and exciting.

Just more miners dropping out. This is good for me, as I am a small scale cloud hasher.

Double digit is not possible. Even a 150 will make a lot of people put tons of money in. the resistance is strong.
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:03:06 PM

Market is very unsure, really good news gets very low support while the coinbase news gets Bitcoin from  ~$160 to over $300 in just a short time while it was nothing new and exciting.

Double digit is not possible. Even a 150 will make a lot of people put tons of money in. the resistance is strong.

you are saying ~55% drop in bitcoin is now impossible?
could you also tell us where did you buy your magic crystal ball?
anshar

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:10:24 PM

you are saying ~55% drop in bitcoin is now impossible?
could you also tell us where did you buy your magic crystal ball?

Its very much possible and has happened.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 12:28:25 PM

I agree, the more it gets lower, the higher the resistance. The order book in exchangers will not reflect this but I'm sure, if it suddenly drops to $100, imagine the amount of funds serious buyers are willing to put in to grab the coins.

anshar

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:33:03 PM

I agree, the more it gets lower, the higher the resistance. The order book in exchangers will not reflect this but I'm sure, if it suddenly drops to $100, imagine the amount of funds serious buyers are willing to put in to grab the coins.

Over 7000btc is dumped every day to cover mining costs. I dont think bids can take those hits.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:36:57 PM

exactly, i doubt double digits will happen, im the first one whos waiting for something like that to happen and invest, and i think there are tons of ppl that think the same.
people are starting to think of their investment in terms of 5+years, and they're pretty sure they will make a profit.
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:03:05 PM

exactly, i doubt double digits will happen, im the first one whos waiting for something like that to happen and invest, and i think there are tons of ppl that think the same.
people are starting to think of their investment in terms of 5+years, and they're pretty sure they will make a profit.

short term trading spikes are usually irrational and form a true top or bottom.
bitfinex leveraged shorts are for sure greedy and it is not easy to wipe them out and convert to the long side.

there is no better cure for low prices than lower prices.

where are all those people proclaiming how they are going to buy shitload of coins $200? well maybe they did or were too late but it was not enough to support the price that managed to fall to ~$150.

there is a bitcoin hard fork ahead of us and its popularity is not very high.
in other thread people laughed me off as this little gavin project, a bitcoin hardfork, is certainly below the radar and has miniscule impact on prices but we are getting closer to that day with every week and i just can't see a true rally until this is resolved.
some people might put off buying millions just to be sure bitcoin is not fucked and everything went alright y know

i expect the price to oscillate around these levels but who knows what black swan might happen.

i converted 1/4 of my btc i bought @$160 to altcoins already.
the altcoin scene is in better shape than ever - if you are a contrarian
the church of satoshi members might start to see the value in other forks and not just in gavincoin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: