Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Genuinely Inspired  (Read 2206 times)
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 05:43:28 PM

I am consistently inspired by the brilliance of many people working in this community. It is humbling and an honor to be part of this with you. The time, dedication, and mental acumen invested in this project is not less than epic.

Sincere gratitude to you all.

-Erik

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 05:44:39 PM

I am consistently inspired by the brilliance of many people working in this community. It is humbling and an honor to be part of this with you. The time, dedication, and mental acumen invested in this project is not less than epic.

-Erik

+1

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 06:03:25 PM

-Erik

bitcoin_brain = BitcoinBrain(:donations => "1g9uq9", :username => "unclemantis")
bitcoin_brain.save
puts "THANK YOU!"

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
bc

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 05:17:44 AM

-Erik

This means something, coming from you.

"Democracy is the original 51% attack." - Erik Voorhees
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 05:23:30 AM

-Erik

I totally agree, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Although a counter argument would be valid as well Roll Eyes

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 05:35:38 AM

-Erik

You're welcome!

… uhm … +1 I wanted to say Wink

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 05:44:11 AM

Thank you for putting yourself on the frontlines. I read everything you write.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 12:24:23 PM

Grin

Bitcoin: Bringing out the best and the worst in people.
unclemantis

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 01:06:29 PM

Grin

Bitcoin: Bringing out the best and the worst in people.

+1

Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 02:18:47 PM

+1
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 04:29:55 PM

-Erik

I could have started a similar thread, penning a post dedicated to you. You rock, man!

~Bruno~
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 04:31:54 PM

Cool story.  I was just wondering which projects genuinely inspired you.  Thanks.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 05:19:33 PM

Cool story.  I was just wondering which projects genuinely inspired you.  Thanks.

The specific item that prompted this post was just me spending a few mins reading through the Technical Development threads. As I'm not a programmer, it's all alien to me, and so I stand in admiration at the expertise and knowledge of these people. It's getting harder for me to think up reasons why the Bitcoin project could fail, with such minds behind it.
lordcirth

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 07:53:32 PM

The specific item that prompted this post was just me spending a few mins reading through the Technical Development threads. As I'm not a programmer, it's all alien to me, and so I stand in admiration at the expertise and knowledge of these people. It's getting harder for me to think up reasons why the Bitcoin project could fail, with such minds behind it.
What impresses me most of all are the threads about doomsday scenarios & astronomically unlikely accidents, and all the people busily thinking up failsafes & such. They prepare for many things that will probably never happen. but they always have an answer. This is also what impresses me about the Tor project development.
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 09:22:36 PM

No, thank you.

I'd be willing to bet you inspire others at least as much as they inspire you.

Keep up the good work buddy.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 10:03:31 PM

No, thank you.

I'd be willing to bet you inspire others at least as much as they inspire you.

Keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks Smiley

This shit is just getting started  Grin
mdosi

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 10:07:47 PM

+1

A bright future awaits bitcoin.  Grin
unclemantis

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 10:14:48 PM

Now who wants to develop a USB wallet that works without a hitch?

minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 10:40:13 PM

The brain power involved is also my main reason to think that the current valuation is way below true value. Any venture capitalist worth his salt would throw much more money at such an awesome team of people working on such a game-changing projet.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
juggernaut76

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 10:47:38 PM

The brain power involved is also my main reason to think that the current valuation is way below true value. Any venture capitalist worth his salt would throw much more money at such an awesome team of people working on such a game-changing projet.

I'm extremely new to the whole Bitcoin world. I first started hearing of it and learning about it two weeks ago, and bought my first Bitcoins two days ago. I'm completely absorbed with the whole idea and desperately want to see it succeed. That being read, where can I find Bitcoin startups and send some BTC their way to help with their success?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: