Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 12:23:30 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 200+ CryptoCoin IPN?  (Read 1167 times)
bitchescomeandgobruh (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:59:19 AM

Hello.

I've been tirelessly searching for the IPN (instant payment notification) system which CryptoDouble and others have used on their systems. I can't find an IPN/API that offers that many cryptocurrencies.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the same IPN they used?

BTW, I'm not looking to create another cryptodouble type site. I'm actually looking to create a different type of game that uniquely involves all cryptocurrencies.

Thanks in advance.
devlux

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:43:04 AM

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but IPN is trivial to implement.
Almost all cryptos use the same config files and there are block and transaction notifiers that can be set in there so when a transaction occurs that effects your wallet it can do a call out to a given URL to notify you.  Then you just query the JSON API for details.

This allows you to manage your own funds however you wish, and you aren't relying on someone else's infrastructure.
The downside is that you have to standup, secure and manage a server for each coin.

An alternative might be to leverage one of the exchanges since I think nearly all of them offer the ability to generate a deposit address and also the ability to be notified when deposits come in.  But then you are at the mercy of the exchange which may go belly up and day taking your funds with it among other possible issues.
Another problem with exchanges is they usually give you one address that hangs around until a deposit comes in.  This sounds great until you realize that you need 1 per customer, per deposit REQUEST.  If 2 or more customers are trying to deposit in roughly the same time frame, they might see the same address and then you're spending the night sorting out who sent what manually.
jonte

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:31:21 AM

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but IPN is trivial to implement.
Almost all cryptos use the same config files and there are block and transaction notifiers that can be set in there so when a transaction occurs that effects your wallet it can do a call out to a given URL to notify you.  Then you just query the JSON API for details.

This allows you to manage your own funds however you wish, and you aren't relying on someone else's infrastructure.
The downside is that you have to standup, secure and manage a server for each coin.

An alternative might be to leverage one of the exchanges since I think nearly all of them offer the ability to generate a deposit address and also the ability to be notified when deposits come in.  But then you are at the mercy of the exchange which may go belly up and day taking your funds with it among other possible issues.
Another problem with exchanges is they usually give you one address that hangs around until a deposit comes in.  This sounds great until you realize that you need 1 per customer, per deposit REQUEST.  If 2 or more customers are trying to deposit in roughly the same time frame, they might see the same address and then you're spending the night sorting out who sent what manually.

Yeah understood. I highly doubt that CryptoDouble and CryptoWin, etc. were using their own RPC setup on their servers for each of the 200+ cryptocurrencies they offered. I think they must have been using a service like Blockchain's IPN but that allows multi coins. I just can't seem to find one, but you're right - I'll take a look at the various exchanges like cryptsy and the like.

Cheers,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: