Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:48:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth to buy altcoins?  (Read 1989 times)
BitNerd (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:44:35 AM

Is it worth to buy any altcoin other than bitcoin?

Are some of them expected to rise indefinitely in the future, like bitcoin?

Can other coins behave exactly like btc, with bubbles and stuff?
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:48:17 AM

It depend on which Altcoin you want to invest. Not all Altcoin will be profitable. My advice is to understand the coin more. Such as the developers profiles etc.. Stellar might be a good choice.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:56:16 AM

^ I have made quite a hefty profit off stellar, but you would need to buy at the right time. I wouldn't look at Doge at the moment, will crash(again). Litecoin is decent.
Basically just look at stellar, not Ripple, that's pretty much controlled by it's devs.
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:31:16 AM

UNO might be worth buying now.
Bad Uncle

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:38:17 AM

In my opinion, no.

Indefinitely? No. Though some could rise or even overtake bitcoin at some point I see none that will.

Yes. Many alt coins follwed along with bitcoin when it first went to over 1k, but they also crashed back down. They can also behave independently of btc.
microbial

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:44:55 AM

i buy crypto assets only and very few coin. nobody use coin

Mr Fusion

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:05:11 PM

Not true, I use mainly LTC. It's fast and has a powerfull network too. With current LTC value it's exually a very good time to buy some LTC cheap.
Chavez

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:15:32 PM

Not true, I use mainly LTC. It's fast and has a powerfull network too. With current LTC value it's exually a very good time to buy some LTC cheap.

LTC might be worth a buy but it suffers from lack of adoption. I think it will always be bitcoin's little brother so I'd still rather put my money in bitcoin.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:47:46 PM

Yes   Grin

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:46:49 AM

well alt coins never are just a rising thing but if you buy with the low teendency and the see it rise and sell you have porfit its market soo alt cons are just as good asn any coin to buy and sell

God27

Activity: 364

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 07:52:37 PM

^ I have made quite a hefty profit off stellar, but you would need to buy at the right time. I wouldn't look at Doge at the moment, will crash(again). Litecoin is decent.
Basically just look at stellar, not Ripple, that's pretty much controlled by it's devs.

This is the kinda advice that's going to make XRP explode when everyone tries to get in at the same time one day.

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:04:08 PM

Yes , it is worth to buy those altcoins which have good marketcap , active development , community support . But majority of altcoins are pump n dump and plain gamble.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6582

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:05:25 PM

I would focus on altcoins that solve a problem of bitcoin, or that at least do something different.

There are the main PoS altcoins: Peercoin, Nxt, Bitshares and Blackcoin.

There is the PoB altcoin Slimcoin (SLM).

There are "consensus" coins like Ripple and Stellar, and there is  Timekoin too.

All these algorithms aim to reduce the energy consumption of the network, one of Bitcoin's most remarkable problems. If they succeed, they can become real competitors in the future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:37:50 PM

Its not realy worth holding on to, but u can make some profits trading and dumping before its too late.
try to observe 2-3 altcoin that may have a chance for increase in price, and then just remember not to hold for too long.
its a risky world , but profits are not bad if ure good.

cheers
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:41:53 AM

by the way one of good coins to buy can be the burst coin i just mine and sell but i mean it may even rise more than 270 satoshis per coin it can get to 400 after 2 or 3 weeks we wait and see if you have the decison to buy i do aprove.

balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:42:30 AM

is it worth to buy?  - certainly yes but not just any coin. 95% are scams and shit and you will loose all your money on them. The legit ones however can make good profit. Like really good profit - alts with small cap are much more volatile than bitcoin. We see moves of sometimes 1000% on a coin.

Rising indefinately: no coin can rise indefinately as the sellpressure from the miners always pushes the coin back down. So if you believe bitcoin can go up indefinately: it's a lie, it can't

Are bubbles possible? Yes they are of course. See Litecoin bubble in 2013  (going from 2$ to 50$ in a few days)  

--------

recommendation for noob: stick to established coins and always do very good research before you put more money in a coin and also don't go big in the beginning. Stay away from very new coins if you are not knowing very, very good what you are doing.

----------------

Uno is good currently, solid coin, good swings, trend is up
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 11:58:41 AM

I own a small amount of darkcoin, its has some really cool features and has been around longer than most of the other alt coins on the market
IMO,
1st: Bitcoin
2nd: Litecoin
3rd: Darkcoin

Please don't just buy these 3 coins because i like them, do your own research. There is just too many pump and dump scam coins out there.
I can't stress this enough, Do your homework before parting with your hard earned cash.
If you are looking for a get rich quick coin then im sorry to say but i think those days are over now.
Best of luck with whatever you decide to purchase and be careful.

MEPHuk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:58:40 AM

All depends on if you want to baghold, or do some small trades. Me personally, I'd watch the doge and ltc markets and try and buy some on the cheap.

BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:13:31 PM

Majority of altcoins are scam, which mean you could lost everything. Some altcoins also give you big rewards, do you willing to take the risk?
Manic Street Preacher

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:25:28 PM

It can be worth it but it takes time and patience to study and trade alts. I'd p[refer to stick with btc and hold that as an investment.

What goes up must come down though. Alt coins are only worth buying into early then dumping when you can. I personally don't bother with them anymore./
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: